So how is Trump's Pocahontas remark racist?

His "nickname" in the Senate up until he died was Sheets. Do you know why? Because he was a proud member of the Ku Klux Klan and he was a Democrat and president Clinton spoke at his funeral because it id okay for an actual member of the Klan to hate blacks as long as he is a Democrat.

See, that is clever !

Now what if she wa Asian? Indian ? What would trump use ?

Trump didn't invent the Fuaxcahontas sobriquet. The voters of Massachusetts did that. Take it up with them.

Actually the Scott Brown campaign did that. The voters of Massachusetts rejected it and elected her. Take it up with them.
The Brown campaign didn't make it up. They didn't even use it in their campaign, but the people of Massachusetts sure ridiculed her about it.

The fact that Warren won only shows what morons the people of Massachusetts are.

Brown is an idiot . He won a special election vs the worst campaigner ever . Liz has been way better than that dolt. He even "moved" to New Hampshire to make another loser run. How sad.
The people of Massachusetts are the idiots.

No better proof of that is required than the facr that they supported all the despicable Kennedy's.

I've posted her genealogy countless times, she has no Indian ancestors, they're all white.

She's done

Fade to black

Nnnnnope. You don't know any such thing.

Not an Indian anywhere the the Warren family tree. In fact, the ancestor she claimed to be Indian was identified as a white man who SHOT AN INDIAN.

She's lying

"THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2012

Bam! Last Nail in the Coffin on that Old Story!

Elizabeth Warren is the granddaughter of Hannie Crawford, daughter of John H. Crawford. Warren says the Crawfords were Cherokee.

According to the Boston Globe,
"Rosco Crawford, Hannie Crawford’s brother, told (his granddaughter) that as a young boy living in the Creek Nation of Indian Territory, the Indians were “pretty mean.” Once, when a Creek was hitting Crawford’s younger brother, their father shot and wounded the Indian, according to her biography, on file at California State University at Fullerton."
The story Hannie's brother, Rosco, told his granddaughter is true.

Muskogee Times Democrat; Muskogee, Oklahoma; August 13, 1906, p.1.

Muskogee Times Democrat; Muskogee, Oklahoma; August 17, 1906; p.4.

Why is this significant? Because it refers to John H. Crawford as a white man.

Read more: Thoughts from Polly's Granddaughter: Bam! Last Nail in the Coffin on that Old Story!

Oh fucking bullshit, Frank. You'd actualy have us believe one Indian is incapable of shooting another Indian? And you're planting your flag on an adjective from a newspaper clipping of 1906? Pretty damn desperate, doncha think?

Again, Liz Warren's siblings already corroborated hearing the same stories. There ain't a damn thing you can do about that. And we did all of this before.

The story Hannie's brother, Rosco, told his granddaughter is true.

Again, absolute fucking bullshit. You ain't the Arbiter deciding which family folklore you find convenient and therefore, "true" and which you'd rather not hear, and therefore "a lie". That's fucking stupid.

Lizzy Cheekbones lied and she got caught

BULLSHIT.

>> David Herring of Norman, Okla., one of Warren’s three brothers, said in an interview that even when he was a child his relatives were reluctant to talk about the family’s Native American heritage because “it was not popular in my family.” Only when he begged his grandparents, said Herring, did they finally explain to him: “Your grandfather is part Delaware, a little bitty bit, way back, and your grandmother is part Cherokee. It was not the most popular thing to do in Oklahoma. [Indians] were degraded, looked down on.”

Warren’s brothers, Don, John, and David Herring, also issued a joint statement supporting their sister. “The people attacking Betsy and our family don’t know much about either. We grew up listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family’s Cherokee and Delaware heritage. They’ve passed away now, but they’d be angry if they were around today listening to all this.” << --- Boston.com

From the same article:

>> As a child growing up in rural Arizona, Ina Mapes remembers her mother as a highly discreet woman who rarely expressed her personal feelings except when it came to one particularly incendiary topic: Did Mapes’s father, a raven-haired lawyer, have Native American roots, or did he not? Mapes’s grandmother maintained that he had one-quarter tribal blood. But her mother wanted to hear nothing of it.

“My mother did not approve of Indians, and she insisted that my father was not an Indian,” said Mapes, 77, of Catalina, Ariz. “In those days, it was not a plus to be an Indian, not at all. She said that Granny, my father’s mother, was just making it up and she did not believe it.”

Mapes, a mother of four who volunteers in a clothing bank, is a second cousin to US Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren. The two women, who have never met, share more DNA than most second cousins: Not only were their grandmothers sisters, their grandfathers were brothers. Those brothers — a team of carpenters named Harry and Everett Reed who plied their trade in the Indian Territory that would become the state of Oklahoma — are believed by some family members to have roots in the Delaware tribe. Mapes, who said she was unaware of her cousin’s candidacy until contacted by a reporter, said she does not doubt her heritage.

“I think you are what you are,” said Mapes. “And part of us is Indian.” <<
AGAIN, we did this all before, AND YOU WERE THERE. Lying asshole.

>> Both the Reeds and the Crawfords are identified as “white” on federal Census forms in the early 20th century that rely upon self-identification. While that may have been a simple statement of fact, they may also have been trying to obscure their ethnicity. At the time, the federal government was attempting to break up reservations by granting land allotments to individual Native Americans, pressing them to assimilate into white society and leave their tribal ways behind. The goal, as one officer bluntly put it, was to “kill the Indian and save the man.” Those who could pass for white — or convince the census taker that they were — sometimes did.

“If someone was not white, they were a little bit less of a citizen,” said Matt Reed, the curator of the American Indian Collections at the Oklahoma Historical Society in Oklahoma City, whose mother was a Pawnee Indian. “If you had darker skin, you were a lesser human. So, if your skin was light enough to pass as not being Indian, then you just passed as white and your life was a lot better off. A lot more people did that than you might think.” <<​

Which is exactly what I already noted before. Racism was rampant in the early 20th century. "Passing for white" was a no-brainer act of self-preservation.

DUMBASS.

>> Gloria Wysong, a cousin of Warren’s, said in an e-mail that her mother told her that the family’s heritage “was Delaware, but the Delaware and Cherokee merged together. She’d heard the stories from her grandfather who built houses in Indian Territory.

....Robert C. Boraker, a retired journalist and amateur genealogist who said he is Warren’s fourth cousin — their great-great-grandfathers were brothers — said his father often told him that his grandmother, a Crawford, was one-eighth Indian. “It was Cherokee blood,” said Boraker, who lives in St. Albans, England, and publishes a family newsletter that includes the Crawford line. “There was no documentation, but it was what we knew, what we were told.”

Warren’s brother David, eight years her senior, calls the public controversy over the subject “a bunch of baloney.” He remembers relatives cautioning him when he played cowboys and Indians as a child. “My aunts said, ‘Be careful shooting the Indians because some of them are your relatives.’ ” But most shied away from the subject of the family’s heritage, Herring added, because “it wasn’t something you were proud of.”

While Warren did not talk to many classmates about her heritage, she loosened up with her friend Katrina Cochran.

As the two drove in Warren’s white MG to the Charcoal Oven drive-in for lunch in their senior year, they would sometimes have a mock debate about who was more “Indian.”

“She talked about her grandmother being a Cherokee, and I talked about how my aunt by marriage was a Choctaw,” said Cochran, an Oklahoma psychologist. “I was making a totally illogical argument, saying I was just as Indian as she was. It was ridiculous because she had the blood and I did not, but it made us laugh.” <<
That's SEVEN PEOPLE corroborating the family folklore. And again, we did this aaaaaalllllll before and here you are yet again, running the same tired old shit, expecting different results.

After all that I accept that Gladys Ormphby is part Indian, with reservations.

I've wondered about the "logic" behind this claim. Is it also racist to shout "Geronimo!" when leaping out of a plain? Is any mention of or comparison with any non white historical figure racist? Wouldn't that make anyone calling Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom" a racist?

Of course, we all know the real reason. Democrats can't win a debate without pulling out the race card.
I just have one question....

What did that shit cost? People are jumping out of plains? Was this plain full of corn, wheat or just natural prairie grass?

:uhh:

Sorry, I couldn't help Myself....:oops-28:

Reminds me:

An American, an Englishman, a Frenchman and a Mexican are flying on a small plane. Suddenly they hear the Captain saying that the plane is losing altitude and the only way to save lives is one of the passengers to bail out.

The ever noble Englishman shouts: "God Save the Queen!!" and jumps out. The plane levels off and everything seems to be normal.

A few minutes later the Captain announces that another person must bail in order to save the others. So, the Frenchman, shouting: "Viva la France!!" jumps out.

His sacrifice only worked for a few minutes. The captain needed another body to be jettisoned.

So, the American shouted: "Remember the Alamo!!" and threw out the Mexican.

Two minutes later the plane landed.

13221072_10153503409025969_1392376751375657005_n.jpg

Lets face it; we all know a liberal or two and, say iy it out loud, they are not very bright. People that are not bright can only argue by name calling and that is why they MUST scream racist!

Actually "racist" was a strawman constructed by the OP. I called him on that immediately.
He ran away. 'Cause that's the stuff he's made of.

Forum List

Back