So how is Trump's Pocahontas remark racist?

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I've wondered about the "logic" behind this claim. Is it also racist to shout "Geronimo!" when leaping out of a plain? Is any mention of or comparison with any non white historical figure racist? Wouldn't that make anyone calling Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom" a racist?

Of course, we all know the real reason. Democrats can't win a debate without pulling out the race card.

Last edited:
Hitlery Clinton quoting Negroid slave spiritual to black audience, "I is no's ways tired." No fuss from liberal media.
FemiNazi Hitlery playing gender card campaign slogan "women for Hillary." Hillary plays the women victim card "women who are victims of sexual assault should have the right to charge their accusers" but she and lib media ignore pleas from her husband victims

Bill Clinton neglecting millions of black Rwandans from genocide and suffering. No fuss from librats because they don't care about black people. Lib fight harder for illegals than Americans

I'm tellin' ya, it's all they have.
Notice how Hillary hasn't even tried to run on her record. She also can't run on Obama's record. All she can do is point her finger at Trump and shout "racist!" That is what we are going to be seeing night and day for the next 4 months.

It was a bad time for Sen. Cory Gardner to be caught in an elevator with a reporter. Donald Trump had just referred to Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts as “Pocahontas” — again — and the Republican freshman from Colorado was struggling to figure out how to respond.

“I think people need to be treated with respect, and that’s what we’ve demanded from everyone,” he offered.

But was it racist?

Gardner clammed up. He politely referred further questions to his press secretary.

So it went for Republicans on Capitol Hill on Friday, forced to contend with yet another provocative comment by their presumptive presidential nominee — clambering for safety as Trump launched another boundary-pushing attack.

“Get used to it,” said Republican pollster Whit Ayres, a Trump critic. “This is your life for the next five months.”

The furor over Trump’s assaults on the impartiality of a Latino judge had just begun to subside when he lobbed two tweets Friday morning responding to Warren, who had lambasted him as a “thin-skinned, racist bully” in a speech the previous evening.

“Pocahontas is at it again!” Trump wrote in one. “Goofy Elizabeth Warren, one of the least productive U.S. Senators, has a nasty mouth.”

“No, seriously — Delete your account,” Warren tweeted back. One of the senator’s supporters secured Pocahontas.com and redirected it to Warren’s campaign site.

The real estate developer has repeatedly invoked the 17th-century Native American figure to refer to Warren, an allusion to controversy about her heritage. The senator has said she grew up amid family stories about her Cherokee lineage, but that account has not been proved.

Trump began going after Warren’s claimed ancestry earlier this year, responding to the senator’s repeated slams of him as a “loser” and a bully. “Who’s that, the Indian?” he said at a March news conference when asked about Warren. “You mean the Indian?”

Romney told CNN on Friday that he was worried Trump’s language could lead to “trickle-down racism” in the country.

More: Trump’s ‘Pocahontas’ attack leaves fellow Republicans squirming (again)

Is Trump a reincarnated Andrew Jackson on steroids? Sounds like it...

I'm tellin' ya, it's all they have.
Notice how Hillary hasn't even tried to run on her record. She also can't run on Obama's record. All she can do is point her finger at Trump and shout "racist!" That is what we are going to be seeing night and day for the next 4 months.
Yeah, she's gonna have a tough job hiding from her record though, especially if she gets indicted.

I've wondered about the "logic" behind this claim. Is it also racist to shout "Geronimo!" when leaping out of a plain? Is any mention of or comparison with any non white historical figure racist? Wouldn't that make anyone calling Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom" a racist?

Of course, we all know the real reason. Democrats can't win a debate without pulling out the race card.

Ummm, Trump is the one using the race card .

But let's say Liz claimed to be black . Would
Trump be calling her " Kunta Kintey"?

I don't think its racist whatsoever. But it sure makes him look like a child..... Act presidential, not like a middle schooler who has no clue. Is he going to learn or keep his little boy name calling?

Dunno. Why don't you ask the guy you got it from ----

n37nkkimyns6wr51ud16_400x400.jpeg

Well Strawman??? We're waitin'.
I might add, whenever I jump out of a plain, what I tend to yell is "Cool! Mountains!"

It should be fakahontas. This is another attack going nowhere. Everyone knows she lied.

Racist or not, it's lame and childish and makes Trump sound even more foolish than he did already.

An interesting note of historical trivia.

Do you know which 20th century propagandist was famous for giving his political enemies derogatory nicknames?

Joseph Goebbels! True story.

(those of you who guessed Rush Limbaugh get half credit)

I would! Or maybe Aunt Jemima!

If asked, the idiot trump wouldn't even be able to tell you who Pocahontas was.

It should be fakahontas. This is another attack going nowhere. Everyone knows she lied.

Really? Can you prove it?

The Pinocchio Test
Brown said that Warren “checked the box claiming she was Native American” when she applied to Harvard and Penn, suggesting the Democratic candidate somehow gained an unfair advantage because of an iffy ethnic background. But there is no proof that she ever marked a form to tell the schools about her heritage, nor is there any public evidence that the universities knew about her lineage before hiring her.

More: Did Elizabeth Warren check the Native American box when she ‘applied’ to Harvard and Penn?

Why?
Lizzy Warren is the one that lied about her heritage!
If she wants to play the indian, she should not have any problem with Trump calling her “Pocahontas” !
That is the trouble with the Republicans, they refuse to fight on the same level as the Democrats.
Trump is the only one to play at the same level.

Is the Disney cartoon "Pocahontas" racist?

Forum List

Back