So here we have the electric mini digger…

alright
you have no idea what you are talking about
there is no such thing a "thermo" class

It's called THERMODYNAMICS my friend. And yes, there is one. It's usually in the chemistry division.

P Chem is what we call "Physical Chemistry". It's another class where you study thermodynamics a LOT. Painfully so.

And finally there was the Theoretical Geochemical Thermodynamics class I took in grad school.

You talk a big game but we both know you wouldn't last a day in any of these classes.

LOLOLOL.

alright
you have no idea what you are talking about
there is no such thing a "thermo" class

There is no such thing a "thermo" class.

There is and if you'd taken one you'd understand how running a diesel generator for eight hours to get two hours of use from an electric digger is the only hope to save the planet.

There is no such thing a "thermo" class.

There is and if you'd taken one you'd understand how running a diesel generator for eight hours to get two hours of use from an electric digger is the only hope to save the planet.
I have to admit that I had a thermo in class a few times.
thermosbottlehhjd.JPG

I have to admit that I had a thermo in class a few times.
View attachment 691313

Well, to be quite fair, thermoses are interesting and useful in thermodynamics. Usually when you make a lab calorimeter for the bench you use styrofoam cups to control temperature of the water and maintain a constant temperature.

Oh, sorry, I keep forgetting: you don't know a thing about any of this. LOL.

It's called THERMODYNAMICS my friend. And yes, there is one. It's usually in the chemistry division.

P Chem is what we call "Physical Chemistry". It's another class where you study thermodynamics a LOT. Painfully so.

And finally there was the Theoretical Geochemical Thermodynamics class I took in grad school.

You talk a big game but we both know you wouldn't last a day in any of these classes.

LOLOLOL.
Now that you have told us how smart you are would you like us to tell you how smart you are? :rolleyes:

A rational person would have asked why the moron didn't just plug it in to recharge it. Or why he brought an electric digger to a site with no power hookups.

And a rational person would have compared the effiiciency and "greeniness" of grid power to a diesel engine.

Need to say, none of the conservatives here did that. Given how dim most conservatives are, they really shouldn't be bothering the grownups.

A little tool like that is useful if you have a small job, or if you need to work in a confined space without choking exhaust fumes. Use the right tool for the job.

Charge 8 hours on a diesel generator, works 2 hours then repeat.

I've had some awareness of the growing existence of electrical versions construction equipment traditionally powered by internal combustion engines, but didn't give it that much thought until now.

On many construction sites, for a very long part of the early parts of the project, the only electrical power comes from on-site diesel generators. There's a specific process of getting a project connected to the utilities, and in many cases, this does not happen until fairly late in the project.

Smaller scissor lifts are nearly always electric, and I have been aware on multiple occasions, of issues having to do with how long they can run on a charge vs. how long it takes to charge them; and have personally experienced problems having to do with a scissor lift on which I was depending, failing to last the whole shift before it ran out of juice.

Larger scissor lifts are usually propane or dual propane/gasoline fueled, though some older ones are diesel. When one of those runs out of fuel, it is not such a big deal to refuel it. On a previous project, one of my specific duties involved running full propane tanks or cans of diesel out to scissor lifts or other equipment that had run out of fuel.

When an electric scissor lift runs out of juice, it's done for the day. You cannot put enough charge in it during any part of a shift to get any meaningful use out of it during that same shift. All you can do is plug it in and hope that it gets enough charge in it overnight to last through tomorrow's shift.

And as I said, on many construction sites, through most of the project, all of the electrical power comes from on-site diesel generators, so whatever environmental benefit could possibly be claimed by using electric equipment instead of internal-combustion-powered equipment is nonsense anyway.

LOLOLOL.

There's often a huge difference between what you learn in a classroom, and what you learn in real life working with the principles that a classroom-taught moron only thinks he understands.

Last edited:
what dumbasses are buying these things.

They reinvented the washing maching for environmental goodness and now you can't adjust your wash to what YOU want but what THEY want.
They've 'fixed' the US post office so that ..we now accomodate them rather than the post office work for us to deliver mail in a timely and safe maner. They work...around here..9-12 then open up again 2 to 4...and on saturdays now...8 to 12. WHAT A CUSHY JOB.
Hell. I can drive my mail to the destination in better time than i can get it to the post office and then to final destination.
They 'fixed' tv so that now they spy on us. andwe need new ones every 7 years when the old ones lasted decades.
You can only but cordless blinds now and good luck getting them in the length you need because you're too stupid or your kids are too stupid to avoid hanging themselves in the cords.....well...that last part is true...kids today are that stupid.

anyone detecting a pattern?
No ashtrays in cars, oh the inhumanity!

You seem to have misspelled “ignorant caulk bucket who knows nothing about the sort of conditions under which construction equipment is usually used”.
Don't sell yourself short. You eventually realized that you have to use the right tool for the job, and that if you don't, it's entirely your own fault.

That's more than every other conservative on the thread managed to do. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I've had some awareness of the growing existence of electrical versions construction equipment traditionally powered by internal combustion engines, but didn't give it that much thought until now.

On many construction sites, for a very long part of the early parts of the project, the only electrical power comes from on-site diesel generators. There's a specific process of getting a project connected to the utilities, and in many cases, this does not happen until fairly late in the project.

Smaller scissor lifts are nearly always electric, and I have been aware on multiple occasions, of issues having to do with how long they can run on a charge vs. how long it takes to charge them; and have personally experienced problems having to do with a scissor lift on which I was depending, failing to last the whole shift before it ran out of juice.

Larger scissor lifts are usually propane or dual propane/gasoline fueled, though some older ones are diesel. When one of those runs out of fuel, it is not such a big deal to refuel it. On a previous project, one of my specific duties involved running full propane tanks or cans of diesel out to scissor lifts or other equipment that had run out of fuel.

When an electric scissor lift runs out of juice, it's done for the day. You cannot put enough charge in it during any part of a shift to get any meaningful use out of it during that same shift. All you can do is plug it in and hope that it gets enough charge in it overnight to last through tomorrow's shift.

And as I said, on many construction sites, through most of the project, all of the electrical power comes from on-site diesel generators, so whatever environmental benefit could possibly be claimed by using electric equipment instead of internal-combustion-powered equipment is nonsense anyway.
Same goes with the batteries used. Takes on average 500,000 pounds of earth to be moved to obtain a single vehicle battery, all done by heavy diesel equipment.

Forum List

Back