So guys, what was your biggest general reaction after watching the address?

The content of it however is mostly empty rhetoric and has a handful of misleading falsehoods.
Ummm...I don't know how to break this to you.....ALL of his speeches are mostly empty rhetoric and handfuls of misleading falsehoods, with a few heaping scoops of platitudes and slogans thrown in for good measure.

Yeah, this was the implication of my post. Said he's "great at that" and it was "par for the course."

Since he started running for president, this has been the case. No idea why you'd think you have to "break that to me."

this criticism, of course, coming from the people who are still bedazzled by Bush era lip service about overturning RvW.

:rolleyes:

Obama could have cured cancer last night and we all know how the same people regurgitating the same right wing silliness would insist that he just put cancer drug companies out of business.

another day another..

Actually, he'd probably put some kind of fee on cancer drug companies for disposing of all their kemo.

Reid's answer to this OP.

You know it's painful to watch...so you make light of it. But, if you want to impeach over it...then go ahead....you won't get any resistence from me.

are you suggesting that no old man republican ever yawned during a republican president's SOTU speech or are we going to go ahead and just admit what kind of weak, laughable bullshit your opinion of this yawn is?

this criticism, of course, coming from the people who are still bedazzled by Bush era lip service about overturning RvW.

Obama could have cured cancer last night and we all know how the same people regurgitating the same right wing silliness would insist that he just put cancer drug companies out of business.

another day another..

Actually, he'd probably put some kind of fee on cancer drug companies for disposing of all their kemo.

lord knows the best person to ask about what a dem would "probably" do is a right wing fucktard.

:rofl:

Of course not because you are such a partisan hack he could do exactly what you want and you would hate him.

Partisan?? Nope Just don't like what the guy is selling.. His change doesn't work for me.

By the way. I don't hate the guy. Hating take a lot of effort and in my view, he just ain't worth that kind effort.

Maybe if her gets a new hat, his reception will improve.

Here are some suggestions:

710castro.jpg

che.jpeg

mussolini.jpg

stalin.jpg

My biggest general reaction was: That fucking Marxist Muslim PC Protecting Asshole STILL doesn't geddit !!!

That Fuctard is STILL trying to ram through his Marxist/Commie Healthcare down our throats.....but this time he needs our help by converting us into Marxist Obamarrhoids.

Well.....that ain't gonna happen.

:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

Oh yeah, 15 BILLION saved out of a 4 TRILLION budget is ballsy. What an ass. He sure thinks his supporters are STUPID.

Here is what I think. Obama is planning to redesign the American flag by taking out the Stars and putting in a hammer and sickle.

Here is what I think. You are just another bitter right winger who doesn't know his sickle from his pickle. Yours is one of dumber remarks I've seen in a while here. Sickle this.

It was a well crafted and well delivered speech by any standards of speech writing and presentation. If you don't agree with the content, that is an entirely different matter.

My problem is that Obama has not yet realized that the current batch of Republican Lemmings will never cooperate with him no matter what he does. They didn't even react to the tax cuts which are their only answer to everything. They looked like a bunch of little kids who are pissed because they lost the game (election) and are now going to sit and pout rather than do anything contstructive.

I have lost hope that Obama and dems will tell them to fuck off and just go to reconciliation. Yes, jobs are a problem we have to deal with, but so is healthcare which is a tremendous drain on the economy right now. The lack of progress right now is a direct result of the Right threatening to Filibuster every fucking bill and the Dems not letting them do that and look like the asses they are. Obama has reached out and they told him to fuck off.

By the way, another 45,000 Americans will die this year without access to healthcare, but what the hell does that matter to those who have care, right?

He did inherit this mess and you keep denying it. We should clean up in one year what dip and shit screwed up in 8. You don't even give a shit about reason or facts.

Pretty sad huh, they chear GW for years while he fucked everything up and then spew hate on Obama and the dems for not creating a perfect world in one year while there guys fight EVERY attempt to fix anything the entire time.

These people are just such sick ass people.

Oh and also the following Republican Response? What's your reaction on that? Who do you believe more, the President or the Republican response? Which side do you believe was more effective (and/or convincing) in making their argument.

Ive been thinking about this for a while. :razz:

Let me know your thoughts!! :razz:

Obama's use of I was used 96 times in 70 minutes, he blamed everyone including SCOLDING The Supreme Court Justices in front of the nation because he was having a temper tantrum about a recent ruling he did not like. He was laughed at several times on Cap and Trade, he took ZERO responsibility for his FAILED FIRST YEAR.

That's the last state of the union I will watch with him still in power, it was ridiculous, ingeniune and more smoke and mirrors from an EGOMANIAC.

Pretty sad huh, they chear GW for years while he fucked everything up and then spew hate on Obama and the dems for not creating a perfect world in one year while there guys fight EVERY attempt to fix anything the entire time.

Obama and the Democrats were not on a path to fix thing one. If their stupidity had become law, we would be in total ruin.

He has BROKEN every promise that HE MADE during his campaign.

1. Transperency- there is none.

2. Earmarks- he has signed them all and not vetoed anything, or batted an eyelash about it.

3. Special Interests- what do you call the drug companies that he made a deal with in the back rooms of the White House. Don't forget the exemption on Unions from paying the same tax that the rest of us will have to pay on our healthcare.

4. Unemployment will not go above 8% should the stimulus bill be signed, it's 10% now and the real unemployment rate is 17.5%.

5. His statement, "I will work across the aile with Republicans, and bring change to Washington." He certainly brought change by NOT working with Republicans on any of his agenda and virtually LOCKING them out of ANY DEBATE ON HEALTH CARE, the STIMULUS PLAN, the CAP AND TRADE BILL. That's the CHANGE this nation bought with their vote and somehow I don't think it was the change they had hoped for.

The only thing that he said in that speech that I liked was to start drilling off shore and employ people. I don't beleive that statement for one second because it's been a democratic congress that has blocked drilling for oil and gas reserves for years. It won't happen. And his fix is nothing more than a social program that will AGAIN create NO jobs in the private sector.

Last edited:
Economists Say Stimulus Package Rescued Economy from Free Fall -- Politics Daily

Liberal and conservative economists continue to duel over whether the big economic stimulus package enacted last year has worked, but the New York Times says that with a quarter of the stimulus money spent over the last nine months, "more dispassionate analysts" have concluded the measure rescued an economy in free fall even if it has not created as many jobs as hoped

Last edited:

He has BROKEN every promise that HE MADE during his campaign.

1. Transperency- there is none.

2. Earmarks- he has signed them all and not vetoed anything, or batted an eyelash about it.

3. Special Interests- what do you call the drug companies that he made a deal with in the back rooms of the White House. Don't forget the exemption on Unions from paying the same tax that the rest of us will have to pay on our healthcare.

4. Unemployment will not go above 8% should the stimulus bill be signed, it's 10% now and the real unemployment rate is 17.5%.

The only thing that he said in that speech that I liked was to start drilling off shore and employ people. I don't beleive that statement for one second because it's been a democratic congress that has blocked drilling for oil and gas reserves for years. It won't happen. And his fix is nothing more than a social program that will AGAIN create NO jobs in the private sector.

Bush's Trail of Broken Promises (printable version)

Forum List

Back