So did the oil companies raise prices 19% in the last week because of this?

Because...why? 🤔

lets see...in no particular order

vaccine mandate was wrong.

student loan forgiveness was wrong

getting us out of Afghanistan was right, how he did it was the worst possible way

kept COVID UE extra payments going to long

the border is a fucking mess

crazy out of control spending

pushing for assault weapon ban

Truly how you make exceptions as the rule,,, but the rule is nearly 50 cents higher for all the rest of Lubbock!

View attachment 877296
I didn't make the exception. Alon did, but I would drive across town for 50 Cents cheaper gas. That is $10.00 or more on either SUV we own. The rest of those prices are about like TN prices. Of course, we shop at Kroger, so usually get up to $1.00 discount, averaging in the 60 cents off range. It pays to shop smart, no matter where you are.

Oil companies don't set prices. Hedge funds do. Any old excuse will do.
Prove it! Where is your proof that Hedge funds do?
I am proving that Biden's guarantee to rid fossil fuels by this one example... Chevron's CEO!
The CEO of Chevron, Mike Wirth's said...""You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’”
So, after a record-breaking year of energy production in the U.S. in 2019, what did the Energy Information Administration expect in the outlook for 2021 and 2022—that is, the first two years of Biden’s presidency?
In reality, gasoline prices increased 48% from Inauguration Day 2021 to the week before Russia invaded Ukraine, and diesel prices increased 49%. The national gasoline price in 2021 averaged $3 a gallon.
To date, Biden is the only president in modern history not to have held a single oil and gas lease sale on federal lands despite clear direction from Congress to do so quarterly.

While the Department of Interior is being forced by court order to hold a lease sale this quarter,
it increased fees by 50% and decreased the amount of available acreage for drilling by 80%—even as it cuts fees and red tape for renewable “green” energy production.

Timelines to approve permits to drill on already leased land ballooned from the Trump administration’s best average of 108 days in 2019 to 182 days under the Biden administration, and scores of permits are now being held up by litigation initiated by extreme environmental groups allied with the White House.

Offshore, the Biden administration has not completed a single lease sale. In contrast, Trump held eight in his single term and former President Barack Obama held 29 lease sales in his two terms.

Now some of you say.."Oh but all of the above is for federal land"!
Yes and you are so ignorant in that FACT:
For fiscal year (FY) 2022, sales of oil, gas, and natural gas liquids produced from the Federal mineral estate accounted for approximately 11 percent of all oil and 9 percent of all natural gas produced in the United States.

Roughly a quarter (25%) of all crude oil and more than a tenth of all natural gas was produced on territory owned by the federal government in 2021

Down from 25% under Trump to Biden...11%!!! Nearly 56% drop in oil production on Federal lands!

I didn't make the exception. Alon did, but I would drive across town for 50 Cents cheaper gas. That is $10.00 or more on either SUV we own. The rest of those prices are about like TN prices. Of course, we shop at Kroger, so usually get up to $1.00 discount, averaging in the 60 cents off range. It pays to shop smart, no matter where you are.
YES you did! You only put up Alon's one station... look at these including Alon's other location!
Screen Shot 2023-12-22 at 4.00.16 PM.png

YES you did! You only put up Alon's one station... look at these including Alon's other location!
View attachment 877310
I put up, what I got from Gas Buddy, asking for cheap gas in Texas. The link showed other stations, which I commented were like Tennessee price. If I lived in Lubbock, I would not care what the other prices were, as I would be filling up at the $1.87/gal price. I have not bought at $1.87/Gal since 2 weeks ago, when PJ got 19 gallons at Kroger on University Pkwy in Jackson, TN using a $1.00 discount left over from November.

lets see...in no particular order

vaccine mandate was wrong.

student loan forgiveness was wrong

getting us out of Afghanistan was right, how he did it was the worst possible way

kept COVID UE extra payments going to long

the border is a fucking mess

crazy out of control spending

pushing for assault weapon ban
You're a Republican?

I put up, what I got from Gas Buddy, asking for cheap gas in Texas. The link showed other stations, which I commented were like Tennessee price. If I lived in Lubbock, I would not care what the other prices were, as I would be filling up at the $1.87/gal price. I have not bought at $1.87/Gal since 2 weeks ago, when PJ got 19 gallons at Kroger on University Pkwy in Jackson, TN using a $1.00 discount left over from November.
The point is that Alon was not the standard... it was exceptional. They were able to take a loss on gas prices because of other ways to make money! They may have been a new store. The point I'm making is that in Lubbock as here in DFW, the prices for every one have gone up. And if you don't comprehend that the reasons are many including the gas companies making more money out of being threatened to be eliminated by Biden. Why would this idiot who claimed we need to be united would tell people he guarantees to rid fossil fuels? This was the same type of idiocy that Biden showed when he said this which illegals ONLY heard the word "surge to the border"!
Biden then remember urged illegals to break the law...:
"I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

So if you are defending gas prices that the above idiot was a major reason for increasing nearly 50% from Trump you need to read the facts!
gaspricesunderPresidents120723.png

What is bad is 20% increase in just 6 days! That's the issue. Why? Again.. Biden told us he guarantees to get rid of fossil fuels!

It did not go up 20% here, I guess only your one gas station is worried about something Biden said 4 years ago

He post this exact same thread about one a week.

If you look in the dictionary for "one trick pony" you will find his picture
Its always s timely trick

Or fact

If its something that hurts trump the lib news media will never get tired of quoting it

But if it hurts biden we have to carry that water ourselves

Forum List

Back