letter from pg&e's holding company this morning

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
we are out of chapter 7 and will begin paying dividends in 2024.

my $200 investment in the 1980s had grown considerably (well over $45k) before we started blowing up towns and setting fire to 1./2 the state. still, much to be said for a guaranteed rate of return no matter how many towns blow up.

my $200 investment in the 1980s had grown considerably (well over $45k) before we started blowing up towns and setting fire to 1./2 the state. still, much to be said for a guaranteed rate of return no matter how many towns blow up.
In before the lock--no source.

Back in the early 1920s Shenandoah Telephone and Telegraph (now Shentel) would install wires and a phone if you provided the poles and bought one share of stock.

My granddad bought one share of stock and cut the cedar poles (still in use) for the wires.

That one share of stock, through a multitude of splits over 100+ years, (I inherited 5K shares), has turned into over 10K shares and provides a decent dividend every year.

A couple years back they sold off part of the business and my share of that was 67K and the stock is still valued at $21.67 a share.

Forum List

Back