So deciding what Car I should get next..

1991.ford.festiva.3609-396x249.jpg

Pinto.jpg

Yeah, but that was possible with that car.

Not so possible with a Festiva.

I like that little yellow Pinto. It's cute!

Well, except for the garbage can thingy on the hood, and the color (yellow). Maybe painted a metallic cherry red and change out those rims and it would be better?

Hmmm.... :D

don't bother Tom, we did that bought a 2003 SVT Cobra signature Mustang. It was a beauty no doubt but it got old very fast. Gas was a factor too, and those muscle cars are great for only occasional driving. We sold it and bought a Caddy CTS

Last edited:
God, mustangs are so fucking gay.

By the way, a real muscle car is from the muscle car era. The 60's and early 70's.

You want a muscle car?

70%20chevelle%20ss%20(1).JPG

1970 Chevelle Super sport.

That one is a beauty.. :eusa_drool:

The only thing now is to find a dealership that has some Classic Muscle cars.. any clues? :eusa_eh:

By the way, a real muscle car is from the muscle car era. The 60's and early 70's.

You want a muscle car?

I don't like those rims though. I only like Corvette Rallies

rally-wheel-blog-large.jpg

That's a GOAT, only with the Chevy name/tags on it. :eusa_hand: :funnyface:

Granted, it's a darned good looking machine, but funny how they do that and are allowed to get away with it. :eusa_eh:

The GTO and the Chevelle have various different distinctions. To say a Chevelle is a GTO is simply wrong.

The 1970 Chevelle and GTO have differing front and rear ends. The grills and headlight assemblies are quite different from each other. The only similarity is that they both have dual headlamps on each side. The bumper and taillight assemblies are also very different. Most of the rest of the cars are pretty similar as far as body and frame, but that's not exactly out of the ordinary considering they're both GM models. That kind of thing hasn't really changed throughout history, with any of the Big 3 US companies.

And then there's the huge difference in option packages between the two cars.

You want a muscle car?

The only thing now is to find a dealership that has some Classic Muscle cars.. any clues? :eusa_eh:

Buying an already restored muscle car is beat, if you ask me.

You want a muscle car?

By beat you mean, Rare to find?

No, I meant stupid.

I'm not big on buying one that is already complete.

Don't take it as an insult if that's what you're hoping to do, I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't buy one that was already restored. I'm good with cars though, so I enjoy that kind of project. I'd buy one that at the bare minimum didn't need any body work besides paint. Anything other than that, and I wouldn't mind one bit restoring it. Especially everything under the hood.

No, I meant stupid.

I'm not big on buying one that is already complete.

Don't take it as an insult if that's what you're hoping to do, I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't buy one that was already restored. I'm good with cars though, so I enjoy that kind of project. I'd buy one that at the bare minimum didn't need any body work besides paint. Anything other than that, and I wouldn't mind one bit restoring it. Especially everything under the hood.

Well see, that's another thing i was thinking..

restore it myself, put in a new engine, seats, etc etc..

But i don't know much it would cost in the end.

It depends on the price you get for the car to begin with, first of all.

Something with a nice solid body and frame, so you don't have to bother with that shit. If the engine runs well, you just do mods. Whatever you can afford to soop it up more. You can probably find decent deals on interior parts on craigslist or ebay, or something similar.

And then there's a place called Hemmings Motor News where you can find just about any part you need for any classic car.

Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

Beyond that, there's Jegs and Summit Racing. Good for aftermarket performance parts.

You just have to find yourself a car, and see what it needs. Then go and price it all out.

67 THRU 70 Camaro. Great cars, great investment.

I own a fully restored 69 SS Camaro.

But my baby is my fully restored 55 chevy bel air shoebox.

Test drove the new Camaro with the V8 just for kicks. Awesome car!

Just make sure you buy american!

Go with a muscle car with a small V-8. That way you get fun while also being affordable. Not sure where you live, but in the northern states they have southern cars trucked up and sold at special dealers. Just stay away from chevies if you want to be unique and not get laughed at, not to mention win any drag race you may be in.

As far as my favorite muscle car, i gotta go with any Plymouth Duster. :cool: Though it may not technically be a muscle car.

Last edited:
Ok.. So i know there are some folks here at USMB who know quite a lot about Cars and would help me out here..

Anyways, I've had my Truck for some time now.. (GMC Canyon, 2WD, 5L SLE, '05)

And i've been thinking of selling it and getting a Muscle Car..

--

Good idea? Or just get a newer Truck?

--

If you think i should get a Muscle Car, which one is your favorite?

I know the '71 Plymouth is a beauty..

Any suggestions?

(Leg) muscle car.

flintstonescar.jpg

Forum List

Back