Snow go for NYC’s electric garbage trucks that can’t handle winter weather

Our intention is not to let you denier fuckups burn up the planet.
Hypocrisy comes in many flavors. Most Progs are massive polluters. Everything they do should be for the environment to their extreme abilities. Rebuilding real foundation in a sane way is good start. Greatest scam in human history. A transfer of wealth from us to poorer nations and a legitimate world tax is on the horizon to herald the introduction of global government that our politicians and others sold us out into.

So, the wingnuts in this thread are all saying that Elon Musk is a fucking idiot for making electric vehicles?

You can't be this stupid. There is a huge difference between cars and trucks, like 30,000 lbs of difference. In a tractor-trailer about 65,000 lbs difference.

We've made some great advancements with battery power such as tools and lawn care equipment, but we are nowhere close to a replacement for diesel and gasoline engines. The more load you put on an electric motor, the more energy it uses, just like diesel and gasoline.

Our intention is not to let you denier fuckups burn up the planet.

Right, because man has that ability.

Well you've spent over a half a century and trillions of dollars so we didn't burn up the planet and now you tell us it was all for nothing? And do you know what's going to happen in 50 years from today by us investing tens of trillions of dollars more for climate change? You'll still be complaining wanting even more.

Snow go for NYC’s electric garbage trucks that can’t handle winter weather

27 Dec 2022 ~~ By Sophia Chang
Don’t count on seeing electric garbage trucks plowing snow from city streets any time soon.
The city Department of Sanitation's goals to become carbon neutral are clashing with the limits of electric-powered vehicles.
The department aims to switch all 6,000 vehicles in its fleet from gas to electric as part of the state’s goal to reduce emissions by 2040. But city officials say they haven’t found electric garbage trucks that are powerful enough to plow snow.
The department has ordered seven electric rear loader garbage trucks, custom-made by Mack and costing more than $523,000 each, with delivery slated for the spring. Used for curbside trash collection, the department’s current rear loader truck fleet runs on diesel and is outfitted with plows to clear streets during snow season.
~Snip~
“How much power do they have? Can they run 12-hour shifts without a charge? I don't know,” Nespoli said.
~Snip~
“With current technology, full electrification isn’t possible now for some parts of our fleet, but we are monitoring closely and really hope it will be,” Gragnani said.

Commentary:
Look to lots more of these high-profile EV fails.
On the bright side. Each EV garbage truck that catches fire and burns clears about 80 feet of road of ice and snow.
All we need is another blizzard like 1947, 1960,1969, 1978, 1982, or 1996. EV plows will not be able to work straight 12 hour shifts or longer.

I watched my neighbour boost his son's gasoline powered car yesterday. Seems the son's battery was dead. Gasoline powered cars don't start in the cold either.

Again, Democrats demand they be judged on their INTENTIONS, NOT on their RESULTS.

I guess they didn't learn anything from Buffalo where the death count is now at 40 people. If you were stranded in weather like that, the last thing you'd want is to depend on some electric plow to get to you. But what the hell, when did the commies ever care about human life. Party first--country second.

I watched my neighbour boost his son's gasoline powered car yesterday. Seems the son's battery was dead. Gasoline powered cars don't start in the cold either.

Mine starts fine. But it's Gospel you replace your battery every four to five years even if the battery you have works just fine. If you don't do that, you're asking for trouble.

I guess they didn't learn anything from Buffalo where the death count is now at 40 people. If you were stranded in weather like that, the last thing you'd want is to depend on some electric plow to get to you. But what the hell, when did the commies ever care about human life. Party first--country second.

Democrats hate Climate Change .... but love how these deadly cold spells reduce their homeless over-population problem...

triggered.jpg

'Oh NO you di'int...!'

Last edited:
Nothing for 300+ days a year.

Oh....you're under the impression that internal combustion vehicles are never non-operational. My bad.
Nothing for 300+ days a year.

Oh....you're under the impression that internal combustion vehicles are never non-operational. My bad.
If the entire fleet of Electric vehicles are inoperable due to design and electric power limitations, why would it make a difference vs. one or two combustion vehicles inoperable? In this case, combustion engines are proven with ab acceptable error rate to remove snow. EV is not proven to be as reliable as per the spokesperson’s words.

Sure they do. His BATTERY was dead. Not his engine.

You are so stupid you really didn't understand what you wrote.

Sad.

Right, because man has that ability.

Well you've spent over a half a century and trillions of dollars so we didn't burn up the planet and now you tell us it was all for nothing? And do you know what's going to happen in 50 years from today by us investing tens of trillions of dollars more for climate change? You'll still be complaining wanting even more.
Way back in the 1970's even Exxon knew the planet would burn.

Way back in the 1970's even Exxon knew the planet would burn.

The point you missed is there's no end with this shit. It will continue forever because man and animal do pollute in some way or form. God designed this planet for it. You don't control the climate--God does.

So tell me this: what would it take to shut up environmentalists forever? Is it one billionth of one particle of something? CO2? What is the goal that will stop your bitching and how much would it cost us to get there?

You can't answer that question and neither can any environmentalist, and do you know why? Because there is no answer. Climate change is a bottomless money pit that every single dollar in this country could never fill. As the past 50 years have shown us, you can never be happy no matter how much money we throw at this farce.

The point you missed is there's no end with this shit. It will continue forever because man and animal do pollute in some way or form. God designed this planet for it. You don't control the climate--God does.

So tell me this: what would it take to shut up environmentalists forever? Is it one billionth of one particle of something? CO2? What is the goal that will stop your bitching and how much would it cost us to get there?

You can't answer that question and neither can any environmentalist, and do you know why? Because there is no answer. Climate change is a bottomless money pit that every single dollar in this country could never fill. As the past 50 years have shown us, you can never be happy no matter how much money we throw at this farce.
Why is your god increasing CO2 over 442ppm?

Why is your god melting the poles and increasing the global temperature so fast?

Does your god hate you? Because it gave you dominion over earth and you filled it with shit.

while the left pushes vehicles that use child labor, burn as hot as the sun and quicker, are environmentally toxic at all levels. yes. Makes sense.
Awww, humpy makes no sense again.

Did you fall and crack your head?

Forum List

Back