Smelling farts is good for your health

Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Liberals should let me know if they are interested in improving their health.
You supply the face, I'll supply the fart.

The next time someone at your office lets out a "silent but deadly" emission, maybe you should thank them. A*new study*at the University of Exeter suggests that smelling farts could prevent disease and even cancer.

The study, published in the*Medicinal Chemistry Communicationsjournal, found that flatulence could be a key factor in treating diseases.

"Although hydrogen sulfide gas is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases," Dr. Mark Wood, a professor at the University of Exeter, said in a*statement.

While hydrogen sulfide gas is harmful in large doses, smelling it in small amounts could reduce the risk of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving the body's mitochondria. Dr. Matt Whiteman, a University of Exeter professor who worked on the study, said in a statement that researchers are even replicating the natural gas to reap its health benefits.

*-*-*Meghan*DeMaria

Study: Smelling farts is good for your health - The Week

Eating a 5 course spinach meal every day is also good for my health, but I'm not about to do that either ...

giving-thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

According to the Heritage Foundation, the U.S. military spent “$998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida”.

30 Stupid Things The Government Is Spending Money On

Shit woman---just when I had some good news about the farts !! :mad:
LOL You're not right..

You mean there's a University of Exeter somewhere in the States that no one told me about ?

I really should have been a scientist. I could have gotten paid a lot of money to produce bullshit like this and everyone would still think I was smart.

Forum List

Back