Small victory against the nanny state

Funny how the purpose of the POTUS has devolved from enforcing our laws and securing the nation to causing one crisis after another and preventing us from sugar binging.

Pretty damned pathetic.

Looking at recent history, I suspect little victories like this will be far more difficult to get as time goes on.

My guess is that there will be a flood of these kinds of laws and no way to keep up, as the social democrats continue to get bolder.

But nice to see for now!

I've been around since Harry Truman was President, so I lived through a good portion of the liberal era that started with the New Deal and ended with the Great Society. It was America's finest moment. It was an era with huge economic growth and shared wealth, fantastic successes in technology, vast expansion of citizen freedoms and liberties and the growth of a middle class that defined this country and made America the 'city on the hill', the envy of the world.

That era ended at the end of the 1960's and the conservative era began. It has continued ever since. It has been a negative mirror image of the liberal era. We now lead the world only in the dubious like incarcerating human beings, killing innocent people and launching Hirohito sneak attacks on sovereign nations.

Here is what a REAL nanny state looks like...

Who leads the world in 'gulags'? Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Burma, Venezuela, Iran, Russia???

NO...

We're is NUMBER ONE! We're is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE!

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

I certainly appreciate your own, personal definition of Nanny State, but of course it avoids and ignores what most people are talking about when discussing the term.

That's okay though, I know how the game is played.

What good is having a President who will enforce the laws if the American Taliban is going to bear arms from behind human shields to stop laws from being enforced?

If you really want to cripple the nanny state, legalize marijuana again. The war on drugs was started by Nixon's lies and every President since then has used it as an excuse to militarize police around the country, ignore the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution, and build more prisons than schools.

How is this a victory for freedom? It concerns NYC and no card carrying conservative would go there anyway. Now conservative working stiffs can get back to the business at hand. Making sure that the very wealthy and corporations pay as few taxes as possible, while screaming more funding for the military to invade foreign countries. And of course, blaming people on food stamp for our financial woes.

What good is having a President who will enforce the laws if the American Taliban is going to bear arms from behind human shields to stop laws from being enforced?

If you really want to cripple the nanny state, legalize marijuana again. The war on drugs was started by Nixon's lies and every President since then has used it as an excuse to militarize police around the country, ignore the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution, and build more prisons than schools.

Correct mostly, but I remember Carter being less strict on drugs, even talking about decriminalizing marijuana.

Drink yourself to death, this is Merica babe...

There was never a limit on how many you could buy was there? Just a stupid law that limited the size of a serving cup in certain venues. I'm glad for the ruling.

Don't get me wrong though I have no problem with safety regulations, I mean who wants anti-freeze in their cough syrup? But soft drink portioning by government mandate?

Forum List

Back