Small victory against the nanny state

Paintmyhouse can't do anything unless the government tells him its OK to do.
Think so huh? You would.

Just admit you love the warm embrace of the nanny state, telling you what to do, patting you on the back and telling you everything will be OK.

OR

you are one of those hypocritical assholes who thinks rules are for the little people.
There's nothing hypocritical about that, since in the real world that just happens to be true.

Think so huh? You would.

Just admit you love the warm embrace of the nanny state, telling you what to do, patting you on the back and telling you everything will be OK.

OR

you are one of those hypocritical assholes who thinks rules are for the little people.
There's nothing hypocritical about that, since in the real world that just happens to be true.

I see JoeBlow managed to get his sock unbanned.

Freedom comes with personal responsibility.. and you reap the consequences of your own actions..

But hey, trolls like you love the nanny state.. keeps you from having to think for yourself...

Actually it keeps the drugs I take safe enough, and the water drinkable. That works.

This also works without a nanny state.
Actually it doesn't, which is why we passed these laws in the first place. Did you think we were just bored?

What you want is that freedom to be without negative consequences, which has never been the case, not even here.
Freedom is important, we should even have it if it has negative consequences.
And you do so stop complaining when your words or actions bite you on the ass. There's no free lunch.

So follow the party line or lose your ability to make a livelyhood?

Nothing better than punishing people for thoughts instead of actions.

Fascist.

Freedom comes with personal responsibility.. and you reap the consequences of your own actions..

But hey, trolls like you love the nanny state.. keeps you from having to think for yourself...

Actually it keeps the drugs I take safe enough, and the water drinkable. That works.

This also works without a nanny state.

That statement implies a trust in big corporations that you would never have in the government. Distrust ALL power.

OR

I see JoeBlow managed to get his sock unbanned.
Still haven't learned how the Internet works huh? And I didn't do anything, that was the Mods.

Freedom is important, we should even have it if it has negative consequences.
And you do so stop complaining when your words or actions bite you on the ass. There's no free lunch.

So follow the party line or lose your ability to make a livelyhood?

Nothing better than punishing people for thoughts instead of actions.

Fascist.
I hope your livelihood doesn't require spelling? And ideas never die but they can get you hung or your ass nailed to a tree. That's the real world, learn to deal with it.

Looking at recent history, I suspect little victories like this will be far more difficult to get as time goes on.

My guess is that there will be a flood of these kinds of laws and no way to keep up, as the social democrats continue to get bolder.

But nice to see for now!

I've been around since Harry Truman was President, so I lived through a good portion of the liberal era that started with the New Deal and ended with the Great Society. It was America's finest moment. It was an era with huge economic growth and shared wealth, fantastic successes in technology, vast expansion of citizen freedoms and liberties and the growth of a middle class that defined this country and made America the 'city on the hill', the envy of the world.

That era ended at the end of the 1960's and the conservative era began. It has continued ever since. It has been a negative mirror image of the liberal era. We now lead the world only in the dubious like incarcerating human beings, killing innocent people and launching Hirohito sneak attacks on sovereign nations.

Here is what a REAL nanny state looks like...

Who leads the world in 'gulags'? Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Burma, Venezuela, Iran, Russia???

NO...

We're is NUMBER ONE! We're is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE!

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

US_incarceration_timeline.gif
Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

Drink yourself to death, this is Merica babe...

Or it used to be.

This is the country where you should be allowed to be a soda belching couch potato if you want to, not some skinny coke sniffing, limp-wristed fag.

An interesting version of "freedom"? Works both ways there little buddy.

Dude, you can't fix stupid.

If someone wants to abuse their body, so be it. No law is going to prevent that. If sodas are poisonous then ban them completely. Otherwise people are still going to buy them and drink as many as they want.

It's like entitlements. We all know they suck the life out of you if that's all you use, but it's like heroin. It's difficult to kick the habit. More so for some than for others.

Looking at recent history, I suspect little victories like this will be far more difficult to get as time goes on.

My guess is that there will be a flood of these kinds of laws and no way to keep up, as the social democrats continue to get bolder.

But nice to see for now!

I've been around since Harry Truman was President, so I lived through a good portion of the liberal era that started with the New Deal and ended with the Great Society. It was America's finest moment. It was an era with huge economic growth and shared wealth, fantastic successes in technology, vast expansion of citizen freedoms and liberties and the growth of a middle class that defined this country and made America the 'city on the hill', the envy of the world.

That era ended at the end of the 1960's and the conservative era began. It has continued ever since. It has been a negative mirror image of the liberal era. We now lead the world only in the dubious like incarcerating human beings, killing innocent people and launching Hirohito sneak attacks on sovereign nations.

Here is what a REAL nanny state looks like...

Who leads the world in 'gulags'? Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Burma, Venezuela, Iran, Russia???

NO...

We're is NUMBER ONE! We're is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE!

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

US_incarceration_timeline.gif
Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

I was sort of with you on some of what you were saying, other than claiming conservatism in the 60s ended our economic expansion.

But then you jumped into la-la land when you started harping about Gulags. We have the most notorious detainment facility in the world only because of liberal propaganda, not because it's a hellhole. Comparing work camps and prisons in Turkey, China, Mexico, and Russia, to GITMO, or even most of our penitentiaries is like comparing Dachau to Summer Camp.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back