Sleeping with pets

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
521402_10151746254948079_2111990733_n.jpg

:lol:

I know the OP was supposed to be comical, but I'm a jerk.

I've never understood why people wanted to sleep with an animal. My bed is for humans, not cats or dogs or any other animal.

I've never understood why people wanted to sleep with an animal. My bed is for humans, not cats or dogs or any other animal.
Unless they are locked out of your room, they wait until you are asleep then jump up.

I feel the same way. I don't want pet hairs, or debris in my bed with me. My girl has her own large and high quarters in a black wired crate, sized for a small dog. She has her bedding in one quarter of it, her water in another quarter and room to walk if she feels like it. When it is bedtime, I lift the top half of her litter pan and gently say a few times, "go potty honey, go potty" and she hops right in, and does her thing, hops out and I coax her into her crate. ( or crib as I call it lol )

Cats are nocturnal, also, and since I don't want her walking and tracking litter all over the stove, cabinets and refrig. during the night, I keep her contained and all is well and she is one happy girl, and I don't worry if I am spreading jelly on toast that is laying in cat hair or litter that I don't notice.

During the day, she will often go into her crib and take that 5 hour nap, but the door is opened and she is free to come and go, or hop in my lap and snuggle and purr. I love when that happens. :)

What's wrong with that ??

790068119dd679e6aed16d93e3b5af3e_zps4cc77de5.jpg

or with that??

getty_rm_photo_of_woman_sleeping_with_dog_zps8853c981.jpg

Nothing, nothing at all.

I feel the same way. I don't want pet hairs, or debris in my bed with me. My girl has her own large and high quarters in a black wired crate, sized for a small dog. She has her bedding in one quarter of it, her water in another quarter and room to walk if she feels like it. When it is bedtime, I lift the top half of her litter pan and gently say a few times, "go potty honey, go potty" and she hops right in, and does her thing, hops out and I coax her into her crate. ( or crib as I call it lol )

Cats are nocturnal, also, and since I don't want her walking and tracking litter all over the stove, cabinets and refrig. during the night, I keep her contained and all is well and she is one happy girl, and I don't worry if I am spreading jelly on toast that is laying in cat hair or litter that I don't notice.

During the day, she will often go into her crib and take that 5 hour nap, but the door is opened and she is free to come and go, or hop in my lap and snuggle and purr. I love when that happens. :)

First off, unless you never leave your house and are highly vigilant, your cat is walking around on your counter-tops and sitting down, butt-hole against your counter-top. And that goes for every other horizontal surface in your house.

Second of all, a cat litter box, with it's associated ammonia, litter, and other air foulness, is much more disgusting to me than a few dog hairs on the top of the comforter by my feet (I would never let my dog get under the covers).

Third of all, and this only applies to dogs, one of the reasons for owning a dog (and especially a large dog) is for warning and protection. A dog in a crate back in your bedroom is going to bark at everything it hears, and offers no protection from an intruder.

How do you sleep if there is no dog in your bed?

Shit. I've got four of em in my bed. Glad I have enough room to sleep.

Thank God three of em are smaller dogs. A Border Terrier mix. A Schnoodle and Sammie who's an I don't know what. Small height with a long basset like body.

That leaves Abbey, my GSD mix and me to scrabble for the rest of the bed. LOL

Last edited:
Sometimes you go to sleep with space enough, but sometime during the night a cat, a dog, a child conquer more and more of your territory until you are left hanging on by a thread count.

Forum List

Back