Sleeping with pets

521402_10151746254948079_2111990733_n.jpg

:lol:

I had a border Aussie who slept at my feet for 14 years.

It was no problem.

None of my current dogs can take the waterbed.

they all sleep in beds arround my bed

Going to bed last night. See the small space they saved for me? LOL Good thing I have a king-sized bed! : )

I bet you sleep like the safest soul on earth.

No one is gettig into that room to do you any harm

That's right, Truthmatters. And even if someone does manage to break in, the dogs will given me plenty of warning to grab the stungun on my bedstand. Which I probably don't need, anyway, because my husband will have shot the intruders the instant they are inside the house. Wouldn't want any of the dogs to get hurt, their job is only to give us early warning...we will take it from there. : )

Last edited:
My son and his wife have a king sized bed.
Besides him and her...they have 2 pit bulls and 2 Yorkies that sleep with them. And occasionally....a child ~LoL~
Me.....I'm sleeping single in a queen size bed...I am not allowed to have pets.
Good damn thing...I do well enough to take care of the GD ~LoL~

I sleep with one every night. Klaus will get up on my bed to visit,when he wants love but my be ISN'T big enough (by his standards) for me, him and Mylo.

Snoop the pit is trying very hard to gain permanent bed privileges. He sneaks up on the bed whenever he gets the chance. Mylo is learning to share with him, as she has learned to share with klaus.

Otherwise, they have a couch that isn't fit for humans (though humans do used it) that's called "the dog couch". They also use the other *good* (well used to be) couch.

There's also a dog chair, an oversized, overstuffed chair with a sleeping bag on it, in the kitchen...that is where klaus usually is. Snoop sleeps with the kids...he was on my daughter's bed this am.

About a year ago. Klaus is still a baby....in daughter's bed:

LillyKlaus.jpg

On my bed...

097.jpg

Last edited:
I know the OP was supposed to be comical, but I'm a jerk.

I've never understood why people wanted to sleep with an animal. My bed is for humans, not cats or dogs or any other animal.

I feel the same way. I don't want pet hairs, or debris in my bed with me. My girl has her own large and high quarters in a black wired crate, sized for a small dog. She has her bedding in one quarter of it, her water in another quarter and room to walk if she feels like it. When it is bedtime, I lift the top half of her litter pan and gently say a few times, "go potty honey, go potty" and she hops right in, and does her thing, hops out and I coax her into her crate. ( or crib as I call it lol )

Cats are nocturnal, also, and since I don't want her walking and tracking litter all over the stove, cabinets and refrig. during the night, I keep her contained and all is well and she is one happy girl, and I don't worry if I am spreading jelly on toast that is laying in cat hair or litter that I don't notice.

During the day, she will often go into her crib and take that 5 hour nap, but the door is opened and she is free to come and go, or hop in my lap and snuggle and purr. I love when that happens. :)

My cats sleep where, and when, I do. I cannot imagine not falling asleep without that warm, rhythmic purring pulse next to my ear. I don't worry about cat hair or litter in my food because I keep my counters clean, wiping them before I spread jelly on my toast.

First off, unless you never leave your house and are highly vigilant, your cat is walking around on your counter-tops and sitting down, butt-hole against your counter-top. And that goes for every other horizontal surface in your house.

Second of all, a cat litter box, with it's associated ammonia, litter, and other air foulness, is much more disgusting to me than a few dog hairs on the top of the comforter by my feet (I would never let my dog get under the covers).

Third of all, and this only applies to dogs, one of the reasons for owning a dog (and especially a large dog) is for warning and protection. A dog in a crate back in your bedroom is going to bark at everything it hears, and offers no protection from an intruder.

Naaa, you've got it all wrong,,well at least in my case with my 21 year old cat and our adopted dog.
My cat has never jumped up on the counter tops (OK, not when my wife or I are there).
Two, the dog we adopted is deaf and also has only barked five times (single bark) in the six years we have had him since we rescued him from the shelter. As a matter of fact, if someone broke into our house, the dog (Bud) would greet him/her with a wagging tail!
The cat (Psycho Syd ) is the aggressive one. Once she had a plumber cornered in the bathroom. He called me at my office and I had to run home to save the guy!! :razz: True story. Syd isn't that psycho, just really protective. Syd, like Bud is great around kids though.
Oh, I've known some hellcats in my time! ;)

Four- or two-legged?

our 25lb cat sleeps in the cap between my wifes pillows and mine ,i cuddle him and his purr often gets me to sleep ,the other one a small 8 lb female climbs in when ever she feels like it and snuggles up head to head with him .
cats are clean animals there is no smell and they are constantly cleaning each other . always meet us at the door when we come home together with a little meow and a brush against the leg .

they are NOT pets they are part of the family

Last edited:
My dog let's me sleep in her bed. It's a king size bed and sometimes I end up with NO bed. Then I have to get in on the other side.

Destroying the concept that animals are part of the family might well be the next social target.

I am not complete unless I have my cats sleeping with me. I didn't realize how much it affected me until I was away from them for about a month.

Each to his own I suppose but cuddling my wife without a fur bag around is my preference. Sheesh, don't you folks want private time with your significant other, I'm thinking you don't for some reason.

Last edited:
I'm single.

And there were no dogs in the bed with me and my significant others when I had them.

But one of the nice things about being single is you only make decisions for yourself. I was raised with animals in my bed, so I'm comfortable with having the with me. Plus I think of them as extesions of my own eyes and ears...when I'm close to them, if they see or hear something, I know it.

Going to bed last night. See the small space they saved for me? LOL Good thing I have a king-sized bed! : )

That's right, Truthmatters. And even if someone does manage to break in, the dogs will given me plenty of warning to grab the stungun on my bedstand. Which I probably don't need, anyway, because my husband will have shot the intruders the instant they are inside the house. Wouldn't want any of the dogs to get hurt, their job is only to give us early warning...we will take it from there. : )

the noise of big barking dogs eliminates anyone choosing your house in the first place.

Dogs are the best alarm system.

dont need the gun when the sound of your dogs alone makes you safe

I'm single.

And there were no dogs in the bed with me and my significant others when I had them.

But one of the nice things about being single is you only make decisions for yourself. I was raised with animals in my bed, so I'm comfortable with having the with me. Plus I think of them as extesions of my own eyes and ears...when I'm close to them, if they see or hear something, I know it.

I can understand your reasoning and like I said, to each his/her own.

I just think it's ((?)) as to why a person prefers a pet or pets over their significant other.

Last edited:
I'm single.

Or smell something. Don't forget that keen sense of smell.

Each to his own I suppose but cuddling my wife without a fur bag around is my preference. Sheesh, don't you folks want private time with your significant other, I'm thinking you don't for some reason.

Every night, when I go to bed, I kiss the dog and pat the wife on the head.

the noise of big barking dogs eliminates anyone choosing your house in the first place.

Dogs are the best alarm system.

dont need the gun when the sound of your dogs alone makes you safe

Well, we'll hang on to the guns, anyway, just in case. : ) They're not bothering anyone, they're just guns, sitting there quietly until they're needed.

Forum List

Back