Sleeping with pets

I'm single.

And there were no dogs in the bed with me and my significant others when I had them.

But one of the nice things about being single is you only make decisions for yourself. I was raised with animals in my bed, so I'm comfortable with having the with me. Plus I think of them as extesions of my own eyes and ears...when I'm close to them, if they see or hear something, I know it.

I can understand your reasoning and like I said, to each his/her own.

I just think it's ((?)) as to why a person prefers a pet or pets over their significant other.

Who says you have to choose one over the other?

Last edited:
I'm single.

And there were no dogs in the bed with me and my significant others when I had them.

But one of the nice things about being single is you only make decisions for yourself. I was raised with animals in my bed, so I'm comfortable with having the with me. Plus I think of them as extesions of my own eyes and ears...when I'm close to them, if they see or hear something, I know it.

I can understand your reasoning and like I said, to each his/her own.

I just think it's ((?)) as to why a person prefers a pet or pets over their significant other.

Who says you have to choose one over the other?

I did say that, then the thread kinda froze...:dunno:

:lol:

Two of my three cats usually end up in bed at night...the third (Maya, a 29lb Maine Coon Cat) only hops up in the winter. (She has an incredibly-thick coat and overheats on the blanket.) On a very-cold night, one cat (Vierna, tiny 8lb shorthair) will burrow between the blanket & the sheet.

Once, on a REALLY cold night (woke up to -14), she crawled under the blanket...then inside my sweatshirt. I woke up to a pair of golden eyes about 6" from my chin. Extracting her without getting scratched took some care.

Tonight...just my third cat (Briza, 16lb tabby) is in bed...Maya is sleeping on her barstool (don't ask), Vierna just came inside & is napping on my bookcase.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back