Slaves were "workers" that were "recruited" to labor in the Plantations

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Seriously? Well...that's what some of our nation's textbooks are saying thanks to the Regressives who are busy rewriting history.

Yup. There was no "slavery" - there were "forced migrations" and "workers" who labored under "slave conditions".

A mom challenges textbook description of slaves as ‘workers’ and wins | Get Schooled
Under the heading “Patterns of Immigration,” the world geography book states: “The Atlantic Slave Trade between the 1500s and 1800s brought millions of workers from Africa to the southern United States to work on agricultural plantations.”

In its public statement, McGraw-Hill Education said:

This week, we became aware of a concern regarding a caption reference to slavery on a map in one of our world geography programs. This program addresses slavery in the world in several lessons and meets the learning objectives of the course. However, we conducted a close review of the content and agree that our language in that caption did not adequately convey that Africans were both forced into migration and to labor against their will as slaves.

We believe we can do better. To communicate these facts more clearly, we will update this caption to describe the arrival of African slaves in the U.S. as a forced migration and emphasize that their work was done as slave labor. These changes will be reflected in the digital version of the program immediately and will be included in the program’s next print run.

Seriously guys? Being captured, sold, and shipped overseas to American Slave Markets is a "forced migration"? And somehow...the condition of slavery (where human beings are owned, bred like livestock, families split up and sold, women raped because they were property....) is not "being a slave" but rather...doing slave labor?

The Texas Board of Education, one of the biggest purchasers of textbooks, is going even further to make slavery sound quaint and charming and minimizing the KKK and Jim Crowe. Sheesh.

Slavery had to end anyway. It was too expensive. People worked all day every day and all they got was food and shelter.

Now they work all day every day for less than that.

Slavery was introduced to America by the Danish who, on their way to America, were sold African children by their parents.

Slavery was introduced to America by the Danish who, on their way to America, were sold African children by their parents.
The great Euro American African slave trade was founded by the interaction of Portuguese, Arabs, and Africans in the 1450s, perhaps earlier, on the western portion of Africa and the nearby islands. Slave Routes - Europe Portugal
There are no stories of Danes bringing African children sold by their parents in reputable historical literature of which I know, so give a link, please

They also teach that blacks were enslaved because of their skin color

In British America, only blacks could be enslaved legally by the 1750s, so, yeah, Tank, for once in a long time, you are right.

Read The Lost German Slave Girl - Amazon.com Amazon.com, Inc.
The Lost German Slave Girl: The Extraordinary True Story of Sally Miller and Her Fight for Freedom in Old New Orleans [John Bailey] on Amazon.com. *FREE* ...

The great Euro American African slave trade was founded by the interaction of Portuguese, Arabs, and Africans in the 1450s, perhaps earlier, on the western portion of Africa and the nearby islands. Slave Routes - Europe Portugal
There are no stories of Danes bringing African children sold by their parents in reputable historical literature of which I know, so give a link, please
I believe I read it in the For Dummies series.
And consider that the authors are Liberals.

I believe I read it in the For Dummies series. And consider that the authors are Liberals.
So like the good far right fascist dummy you are, you made shit up.

He's trolling you.

Also, the Trail of Tears was a voluntary migration of American Indians to Oklahoma for a better life.

:thup:

That's appropriate.
As opposed to an unaudited published work that fits your agenda?
Yup, solid posted history that contravenes your ideology is "unaudited" scholarship. You are limited low use info voter of the far reactionary right.

The preface to every For Dummies book contains a disclaimer from the author stating their ideology and that their work is audited by a staff that they might not necessarily agree with but with whom they must comply.
A higher standard than most publishers who don't enjoy such a large reading base.

In British America, only blacks could be enslaved legally by the 1750s, so, yeah, Tank, for once in a long time, you are right.

Read The Lost German Slave Girl - Amazon.com Amazon.com, Inc.
The Lost German Slave Girl: The Extraordinary True Story of Sally Miller and Her Fight for Freedom in Old New Orleans [John Bailey] on Amazon.com. *FREE* ...
They were enslaved due to their low IQ levels, skin color didn't matter

That's appropriate.
As opposed to an unaudited published work that fits your agenda?

Are you drunk?
Are you ignorant?
Unlike you, I read several books on every subject and For Dummies is one of my choices due to it's large readership base and the fact that the FDs catalog disallow authors to pursue their own agenda.

Forum List

Back