'Six beers a day keeps the doctor away'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
'Six beers a day keeps the doctor away' - Health, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Drinking a bottle of wine a day, or half a dozen beers, cuts the risk of heart disease by more than half in men, it has been shown.

In one of the largest studies of the link between alcohol and heart disease, researchers have found that the protective effects of a daily tipple are not limited to those who drink moderately but also extend to those who consume at what are conventionally considered to be dangerously high levels.

The researchers, who are from the public health department of the Basque government in San Sebastian, a region with one of the highest drinking rates in Europe, warned that alcohol caused millions of deaths a year around the world from other causes and their findings should not be taken as a licence to drink to oblivion. British scientists said the study, published in the journal Heart, was "flawed".

The research was conducted among 15,000 men and 26,000 women aged from 29 to 69 who were followed for 10 years.

The results showed that those who drank a little – a glass of wine or a bottle of beer every other day – had a 35 per cent lower risk of a heart attack than those who never drank. Moderate drinkers, consuming up to a couple of glasses of wine a day or a couple of pints of ordinary bitter, had a 54 per cent lower risk.

The surprise was that heavy drinkers consuming up to a bottle of wine or six pints of ordinary bitter had a similar 50 per cent reduction in risk of a heart attack to moderate drinkers. Those drinking at even higher levels were still half as likely to suffer a heart attack as the teetotallers

Though I do believe that it's wine and not actually six beers.

Discuss.

I left work yesterday afternoon and walked out into the street and coming towards me was a bloke wearing a tee shirt with the slogan:

"The liver is evil! It must be punished!"

:lol:

:eusa_think:

Six beers a day will cause liver decay,
Six joints a day will soothe and allay.
Here's the message that I've tried to convey:
Weed should be legal in the US of A.

Coming soon: To a state near you. :lol:

I wish...

...but I'm no stoner!

I'd try it if it was legal, is all I'm sayin! Honest! I never inhaled!

Same here, what a surprise. :lol:

But I have heard about those things you've been doing with your assistants. :eek:

However, a word to the wise...drink a fifth a day..or every other day, and your spleen will split.

I was trying to be subtle.

I know, but it's much more fun otherwise. Besides, I'm pretty sure JW could drink a great portion of USMB under the table by himself. I'd be done in like 2-3 probably. :lol:

I'm surprised it isn't already legal. What better way to keep stupid people stupid?

, I'm pretty sure JW could drink a great portion of USMB under the table by himself. I'd be done in like 2-3 probably. :lol:

Come drinking with me and we will all end up tap table dancing tangos in Torcello churches.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back