Sir Tom Jones wants to have his DNA tested to discover if he does really have black ancestry

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
00591C6900000258-3299505-Sir_Tom_Jones_has_revealed_that_he_wants_to_have_his_DNA_tested_-a-67_1446424803355.jpg

The singer, who has transformed himself from penniless miner’s son from the Valleys into a £190million music star through records including Delilah and It’s Not Unusual, stopped dyeing his hair several years ago but is still mistaken for being black because of its texture.

In an interview at the weekend Sir Tom, now 75, said he is often told he is ‘just passing as white’ and as a result he has decided to ‘get my DNA tested. I want to find out’.

He added: ‘A lot of people still think I’m black. When I first came to America, people who had heard me sing on the radio would be surprised that I was white when they saw me. Because of my hair a lot of black people still tell me I’m just passing as white.’

I am having a DNA test to see if my ancestors are black, says Sir Tom

Thought about that testing myself but think some things are better left a mystery. :) My aversion's simply knowing probabilities of various things like diseases. Have a very numbers-oriented mind and just know I"d obsess on them in an unhealthy way. :)

Least he isn't fuckin lyin about it.. Nothing wrong with wanting to know your roots.

article-2302064-0BEDCAA9000005DC-744_634x930.jpg

Mr Berkery’s mother Katherine, who was a model, became pregnant at 24 after a three-day fling with Sir Tom in 1987 when he was 47.

She was forced to take Sir Tom to court and was handed £1,700 a month in child support after DNA tests revealed he was the father.

However, although the Welsh singer has fulfilled his responsibilities financially, he has refused to provide the emotional support Mr Berkery craved growing up.

Mr Berkery said he never received a phone call or birthday card from Sir Tom and it ruined his life. He said: ‘I was very angry. My anger boiled over in school – I fought every kid and rebelled constantly.

'I became a drug dealer after my dad Tom Jones rejected me': Star's love child speaks out about being 'abandoned' by father

Mr Berkery’s mother Katherine, who was a model, became pregnant at 24 after a three-day fling with Sir Tom in 1987 when he was 47.

She was forced to take Sir Tom to court and was handed £1,700 a month in child support after DNA tests revealed he was the father.

However, although the Welsh singer has fulfilled his responsibilities financially, he has refused to provide the emotional support Mr Berkery craved growing up.

Mr Berkery said he never received a phone call or birthday card from Sir Tom and it ruined his life. He said: ‘I was very angry. My anger boiled over in school – I fought every kid and rebelled constantly.

'I became a drug dealer after my dad Tom Jones rejected me': Star's love child speaks out about being 'abandoned' by father
Mr. Berkery is just not entitled to anyone's love and support. Tom Jones had a 3 day fling. Not even a relationship. He fulfilled his legal obligation. That's all anyone could ask of him.

Mr. Berkery is just not entitled to anyone's love and support. Tom Jones had a 3 day fling. Not even a relationship. He fulfilled his legal obligation. That's all anyone could ask of him.

Yes, but it is not fair on the child of such a relationship! Between lust and gold digging, people don't consider the consequences and the effect on a resulting offspring. In such cases, adoption is perhaps better for the child.

Yes, but it is not fair on the child of such a relationship! Between lust and gold digging, people don't consider the consequences and the effect on a resulting offspring. In such cases, adoption is perhaps better for the child.
I have known several men that had a one night stand or short term fling with a woman that ended up pregnant. The men dutifully paid court ordered child support but wanted nothing to do with the child.

In every case in which the child was hurt, angry or resentful, they were fed and nurtured by their mothers on a diet of hate. That's what's unfair.

Forum List

Back