Sinking of the Yamato

Iceman36

Apr 29, 2022
My neighbor showed me a movie clip video of the Sinking of the Yamato and asked me if I feel bad for them at all, saying that even if this movie is just 1% accurate, it had to have been pretty similar to the real thing given the way that the yamato was sunk and what it took to sink it.

I actually told my neighbor that I don't feel bad for them, and I'll tell you why...

First of all you have to understand that Nazi Germany has a lot more blame put on it and a lot more World War 2 movies and documentaries about it than Imperial Japan does, for a few reasons..
The Germans first of all started the entire problem, and second, the Germans are a lot more like us, the Winners of the War than Japan or East Asia is, as are the Immediate victims of Germany..

Most Documentaries and movies about WW2 Japan focus entirely on the attack on Pearl Harbor..

However, I will tell you right now, the Japanese were doing exactly what Germany was doing.
Japan back then were not the People of Japan that you know today.

In fact Japan was still ruled very much under a system that murdered people who entered Japan.
Japan was one of the deadliest places in the world for Pacific sailors who had the misfortune of landing there.

So the people getting killed on Yamato could have died far worse, and I would not give a damn.

Last edited:

It is interesting. .. . . .

You know, I wonder if you could ever get leftists in the US, to understand, that America the slaving nation, or the Jim Crow nation, are not the people that they are today? Hmmm. . . .

:eusa_think:

. . . and Germans, aren't Nazis either.

Amazing how folks can accept that Germany and Japan have changed.

Interesting. . . .

• Banned
It is interesting. .. . . .

You know, I wonder if you could ever get leftists in the US, to understand, that America the slaving nation, or the Jim Crow nation, are not the people that they are today? Hmmm. . . .

:eusa_think:

. . . and Germans, aren't Nazis either.

Amazing how folks can accept that Germany and Japan have changed.

Interesting. . . .
Because in order to get recognition for change, you actually have to change...
And you're continuing to hurt American society with your policies every time you are allowed to implement them, in any way.

Many Thousands of Americans die every year from your policies or because of them as well as due to your social influence and its consequences.

Last edited:
My neighbor showed me a movie clip video of the Sinking of the Yamato and asked me if I feel bad for them at all, saying that even if this movie is just 1% accurate, it had to have been pretty similar to the real thing given the way that the yamato was sunk and what it took to sink it.

I actually told my neighbor that I don't feel bad for them, and I'll tell you why...

First of all you have to understand that Nazi Germany has a lot more blame put on it and a lot more World War 2 movies and documentaries about it than Imperial Japan does, for a few reasons..
The Germans first of all started the entire problem, and second, the Germans are a lot more like us, the Winners of the War than Japan or East Asia is, as are the Immediate victims of Germany..

Most Documentaries and movies about WW2 Japan focus entirely on the attack on Pearl Harbor..

However, I will tell you right now, the Japanese were doing exactly what Germany was doing.

In fact Japan was still ruled very much under a system that murdered people who entered Japan.
Japan was one of the deadliest places in the world for Pacific sailors who had the misfortune of landing there.

So the people getting killed on Yamato could have died far worse, and I would not give a damn.

Some thoughts.

First, it is interesting that people are more aware of Nazi war crimes than Japanese War crimes in THIS country. Japanese War crimes don't get as much attention today because it's not really a topic American audiences are interested in.

I remember the only movie they ever made about the Rape of Nanking was focused on the white characters. The same thing with the movie "The Killing Fields", which was mostly focused on the white guy. This is kind of a theme in Hollywood, that if you set a movie in Asia, you need a "White Savior" character who often exemplifies Asian virtues better than the Asian Characters.

1652265246289.png

Fuck you, Tom Cruise, you Scientologist freak!

The other part of the problem is you don't have a lot of Asian actors in Hollywood to start with. So while it is easy to cast the evil Nazi officer, finding actors to play the sadistic Japanese guard aren't going to be nearly as easy.

Attitudes are completely different today than they were in the 1940's. IN the 1940's, American propaganda made a differentiation between "Nazis" and "Good Germans", while the Japanese were portrayed as sub-human monsters. Today, we are sympathetic to the Japanese, because we see them as victims of events like Hiroshima, while the Jews in Hollywood all feel the need to make that movie about the Holocaust.

Of course, what happened to the Yamato was awful, because they knew they were sending the ship on a suicide mission. The Japanese fought so viciously for these islands like Okinawa and Iwo Jima because they knew they were close enough to Japan to give American Bombers free reign to bomb Japan with impunity.

Some thoughts.

First, it is interesting that people are more aware of Nazi war crimes than Japanese War crimes in THIS country. Japanese War crimes don't get as much attention today because it's not really a topic American audiences are interested in.

I remember the only movie they ever made about the Rape of Nanking was focused on the white characters. The same thing with the movie "The Killing Fields", which was mostly focused on the white guy. This is kind of a theme in Hollywood, that if you set a movie in Asia, you need a "White Savior" character who often exemplifies Asian virtues better than the Asian Characters.

View attachment 643085
Fuck you, Tom Cruise, you Scientologist freak!

The other part of the problem is you don't have a lot of Asian actors in Hollywood to start with. So while it is easy to cast the evil Nazi officer, finding actors to play the sadistic Japanese guard aren't going to be nearly as easy.

Attitudes are completely different today than they were in the 1940's. IN the 1940's, American propaganda made a differentiation between "Nazis" and "Good Germans", while the Japanese were portrayed as sub-human monsters. Today, we are sympathetic to the Japanese, because we see them as victims of events like Hiroshima, while the Jews in Hollywood all feel the need to make that movie about the Holocaust.

Of course, what happened to the Yamato was awful, because they knew they were sending the ship on a suicide mission. The Japanese fought so viciously for these islands like Okinawa and Iwo Jima because they knew they were close enough to Japan to give American Bombers free reign to bomb Japan with impunity.
And American bombers did bomb with impunity, killing vast numbers of civilians. Not much different from the war crimes committed by Japan and Germany.

What's the point? We were at war with Japan and you apologize for not feeling sorry for the Japanese sailors? The battleship Yamato was the pride of the Japanese navy. The fact that the Japanese did not have the resources at sea or in the air by April 1945 to protect it it indicates that Japan was on it's last legs at the time.

Because in order to get recognition for change, you actually have to change...

Oh right. . .we still have slaves, and of course, segregation still exists, the laws are still on the books. . .

Nothing has changed.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back