Good things about the usa

Iceman36

Apr 29, 2022
My neighbor asked me if there is any good things about the USA.
I said there are good things about every place..
If you want to hear some good things about the USA.

The USA' s Automobile Industry in Detroit, Michigan didn't just make cars..
They infact made a third major American style of pizza, called Detroit pizza..
It was the first deep dish style pizza, and the first square pizza in America.
It was made with forged steel pans borrowed from the Automobile factories.

The active ingredient in common Tylenol, Acetaminophen, is originally a product from the coal mines.
Infact it comes from coal tar.

However there were also good things about nazi Germany depending on what you view as a good thing..
Their technology, and the fundamental roots of their behavior are how we function and do things today.

So the good and the bad do not cancel themselves out.

Last edited:
I love Detroit style pizza.

Basically it's focaccia with cheese and toppings all the way to the edges of the preheated pan. And you have to use very high hydration, at the very least, 80% hydration. That's some really gooey dough. And that's why you have to bake it in a pan. Dough that wet is virtually impossible to hand toss, so you need to use a pan.

I find it beyond the extreme of extreme hypocrisy that other countries whine, complain, bitch, and moan about how MUCH they despise and hate America...........

BUT..........

They want our American vehicles.
They want our American jeans.
They want our American fashions.
They want our American cuisine.
They want the American way of life.

So this tells me that America got it right.
I just don't get what all the fucking jealousy and hypocrisy is about.

I love Detroit style pizza.

Basically it's focaccia with cheese and toppings all the way to the edges of the preheated pan. And you have to use very high hydration, at the very least, 80% hydration. That's some really gooey dough. And that's why you have to bake it in a pan. Dough that wet is virtually impossible to hand toss, so you need to use a pan.
So hard to find good places that do it right. . . very few chains do.

Pizza Hut is not too bad. None of the other big chains do though.

There is a smaller chain, Jet's, that is mostly only east of the Mississippi, except a few places in Texas and Colorado. They have decent Detroit Pizza. I have a Cottage Inn near my place I use a lot. They aren't the best, but meh, still better than any of the places that just deliver NY style.

. . . I don't understand folks that prefer NY style over Detroit or Chicago style, TBH.

The first thing that comes to mind about the United States of America is Detroit? Y'all ain't from around here are you Iceman? Either that or you slept through Civics 101. The United States is the only country in the world that guarantees certain freedoms in writing in the 1st 10 Amendments to the Constitution aka the Bill of Rights. Freedom is the greatest thing about the United States and people literally crawl across the desert to get here.

So hard to find good places that do it right. . . very few chains do.

Pizza Hut is not too bad. None of the other big chains do though.

There is a smaller chain, Jet's, that is mostly only east of the Mississippi, except a few places in Texas and Colorado. They have decent Detroit Pizza. I have a Cottage Inn near my place I use a lot. They aren't the best, but meh, still better than any of the places that just deliver NY style.

. . . I don't understand folks that prefer NY style over Detroit or Chicago style, TBH.
I like all kinds of styles of pizza.

With Detroit style the corner pieces are the best. The cheese goes all the way to the edge and deliciously caramelizes on the edges. And from what I've heard from the old timers, they used to cook it in transmission oil pans that are shaped more complex than a typical cake baking pan with four corners. They had more corners.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back