Rowdy Gaines - $5,000,000
Michael Johnson - $12,000,000
Janet Evans - $17,000,000
Dominique Dawes - $2,500,000
Amanda Borden - $1,500,000
Kerry Strug - $4,000,000
Mark Spitz - $20,000,000

I could keep going; this is easy.

The point is that it's quite common for American Olympic gold medalists to become millionaires after their Olympic careers, based on their Olympic performances. Think about it: All Michael Phelps has ever done is swim. That's it. He barely graduated high school and didn't go to college, and he's worth $80,000,000. Would anyone pay to hear Mark Spitz give a motivational speech if he hadn't won seven gold medals in 1976?

No one ever really remembers who won the silver medal, and bronze medalists don't make it onto a Wheaties box or get Omega endorsements.

Oh, there's another gold medalist I meant to mention:

Simone Biles - $10,000,000

She got hers, so fuck everybody else, right?

There's a a very real value to a gold medal, and my removing herself from the team Biles is threatening that value for the others...

Last edited:
Obviously there is more to this story.
At some later date, we'll probably learn what that is.
There is no precedent for something like this. Her long career coming to it's peak... only for her to quit as she arrives?
It doesn't make sense. But, when something doesn't makes sense, it means there is something you don't know that makes sense.
We don't have that info.

Likely too much Woke BLM liberal racism bullshit and it got to her
Olympics are not for multi purpose social “protest”

Obviously there is more to this story.
At some later date, we'll probably learn what that is.
There is no precedent for something like this. Her long career coming to it's peak... only for her to quit as she arrives?
It doesn't make sense. But, when something doesn't makes sense, it means there is something you don't know that makes sense.
We don't have that info.
I think BlueGin hit the nail on the head.

She was loved and she needs to be loved...and now she's not.

A lot of people want her to fail.

This is due to her injection of politics into sports.

She'll now be remembered as the girl who cost the American women's gymnastic team the gold medal in Tokyo.

Truly unfortunate, it looks like she let social media get the best of her.

The Boston Globe

Simone Biles cites mental strain for Olympic team final withdrawal: ‘I just never felt like this’​

Why didn't one of the white girls step up, that was their moment to shine.

Fuck that.

When an athlete reaches a certain level, as Biles has, there's no question they're going to be met with an incredible amount of pressure.

But they know that. Biles knew it. If you're not mentally tough enough to handle it, you shouldn't be there, period. I remember once seeing Tiger Woods lose his shit when someone took a picture of him as he started his backswing. Woods stopped and said "C'MON, MAN!! REALLY?"

My take on it is that if you're the best in your field, and a single snap of a camera shutter sends you over the edge, you might not be mentally fit enough to compete.

So, the US Women's Gymnastic Team won the silver. That's good, but not as good as it could've been. It would be a travesty if she, too, were awarded a silver medal. She should either choose to compete and remian in Tokyo, or quit the team, pack her shit and come home...
How many Gold medals does she have?

I think it's fucking HILARIOUS that these woke leftists asshats are having career ending type shit happen after all the garbage propaganda they've subjected their fans too.

GET WOKE GO BROKE

Why didn't one of the white girls step up, that was their moment to shine.

There's no question that Biles is the superior gymnast; far superior.

Her absence in the team competition will play an enormous role, if not THE biggest role, in the team not winning the gold. They could do it without her, but it's doubtful...

Hmm.... looking up quotes she has said RECENTLY..

"I have a lot left to give... I feel like I can represent young women in the sport... I feel like God is calling me to do this (compete)

This was all less than a month ago.

There's no question that Biles is the superior gymnast; far superior.

Her absence in the team competition will play an enormous role, if not THE biggest role, in the team not winning the gold. They could do it without her, but it's doubtful...
But....but...but...George Floyd.
That’s why Olympics occur every 4 years-so misguided or coerced people can express their individual Woketardism.

Maybe, I am not really following all the Olympics... I haven't seen what she did...

I'm not following it either...just read the highlights.

This is my favorite so far...

"I just need to let the girls do it and focus on myself."

So she quit on her team. smh Sadly I've seen this in youth sports a few times this past year. Kids don't want to do what the coaches are asking (e.g. like pass the ball to teammates) so their parents let them quit the team. Send her home and let the other girls step up.

Forum List

Back