Sick and tired of US debate on raising the min. wage.

That's a pretty chickenshit view for an economist to take! No respected hen economist wants to inject spiraling inflation into a stagnant economy with so many out of work. That idea would just lay a big egg.
Why would employers cut jobs when they have so many people not working now? Higher paid labor increases demand and generates more tax revenue.

hardly since most are already paying that much it only shows how far behind the federal min wage is.
To me it shows the stupidity of pinheads in government who cannot keep up with events on the ground.

but if the government workers must justify their existence why put the min wage higher than where the free market says it belongs?
When I did fed or state work I made forty five to fifty an hour so I guess the federal min wage is for trash collectors and terlit plungers?
I was shocked when Biden raised it to 15 for federal workers???????? Who in their right mind is working for the federal gov and making less than 15 and hour???? A WHOLE LOT OF MINORITIES....MY FRIEND WORKED IN SSI IN TENN. SHE WAS MAKING LESS THAN 15 AFTER 30 YEARS OF SERVICE
That sucks. I was making fifteen an hour twenty five years ago so wages really suck now compared to the 1980's-1990's.
80's and 90's business's weren't OUTSOURCED like they are today. My company is owned by them dark niggas in India. These ppl could give a fuck about us, let alone their own.
I understand I couldn't get the jobs I had back then, but I went self employed when the corporations wanted me to pee for their fetish to have a job.
I'm out in a few more months, never to look back....I'm gonna take my poultry savings, my SS and call it a day and in my spare time, I'm gonna write a great novel and leave it to mankind!!
Congrats, Tiger. Best decision you will ever make.
Oh, you betcha!! My house will be paid off too after 30 long years.
Took the same step myself 5 years before my target. Ramsey is full of sh#t, but correct on one thing. A paid of mortgage is the status symbol of choice, as it should have always been.

Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.

Right now, you make $7.25 an hour.

Right now, I sell a gallon of milk for $3.29.

You raise minimum wage to $15 an hour.

I raise the price of a gallon of milk to $6.80.

Your minimum wage increase has been of exactly no benefit to you...
right now, ppl are making min wage to 12 and hour and guess what you brain dead fuck....EVERYTHING IS ALREADY FUCKIN HIGH OR DO YOU EAT?

I'm unsurprised that a shit-eating little bitch like you completely missed the point I was making.

Yeah, I eat. I also made $700K last year. Why did I make that much? Because I understand that minimum wage is not, nor should it be, a "living wage". I wanted more, I wanted better, so I went out and worked my ass off to get it. That's how it works.

Instead of lashing out with childish rants, why don't you try to address and refute my point?

If you pay $3.29 for a gallon of milk when you're getting paid $7.25 an hour, getting paid $15 an hour is of no net benefit if I raise the price of that gallon of milk to $6.80.

I'll tell you why you won't refute my point: YOU CAN'T, dipshit...

Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.

Right now, you make $7.25 an hour.

Right now, I sell a gallon of milk for $3.29.

You raise minimum wage to $15 an hour.

I raise the price of a gallon of milk to $6.80.

Your minimum wage increase has been of exactly no benefit to you...
right now, ppl are making min wage to 12 and hour and guess what you brain dead fuck....EVERYTHING IS ALREADY FUCKIN HIGH OR DO YOU EAT?

My apologies to you. I was unaware you were a negro.

I'll start using monosyllabic words as much as I can...

I'm unsurprised that a shit-eating little bitch like you completely missed the point I was making.

Yeah, I eat. I also made $700K last year. Why did I make that much? Because I understand that minimum wage is not, nor should it be, a "living wage". I wanted more, I wanted better, so I went out and worked my ass off to get it. That's how it works.

Instead of lashing out with childish rants, why don't you try to address and refute my point?

If you pay $3.29 for a gallon of milk when you're getting paid $7.25 an hour, getting paid $15 an hour is of no net benefit if I raise the price of that gallon of milk to $6.80.

Because in America, money Talks and Merit walks? Even a dollar menu won't double even if the minimum wage does. Who helped you get your job, some black guy.

Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard.
Why do you insist on government intervention when the free market has already adjusted real wages up?

Several million low income people will not have any job thanks to the $15 min wage
California ust raised the minimum wage by $4.00 an hour and in response Kroeger closed two of its grocery stores with more to come.

Because in America, money Talks and Merit walks? Even a dollar menu won't double even if the minimum wage does. Who helped you get your job, some black guy.

If I'm the owner of a business and I'm forced to double the pay of my employees, I can promise you that increase isn't going to come out of my profits. I'm going to raise my prices. So, yeah, if I'm a McDonald's franchisee and I go from having to pay my employees $7.25 an hour to $15, damn right I'm doubling the price of that dollar menu cheeseburger.

And, if people don't buy $2 cheeseburgers, I'll thin my staff, fire people, and lower my prices...

Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard.
Why do you insist on government intervention when the free market has already adjusted real wages up?

Several million low income people will not have any job thanks to the $15 min wage
California ust raised the minimum wage by $4.00 an hour and in response Kroeger closed two of its grocery stores with more to come.
Sounds like something right wingers who don't really care about the People would do. There is nothing preventing Kroger's from passing costs to their consumers. And, higher paid labor creates more demand and generates more tax revenue.

Why are some Capitalists so selfish and uncaring in regard to the Poor?

Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour,

Most? Can you be more specific?

Actually, that was the Long Beach City Council which was responsible for it, not the state.

But your point is sound. The city of Long Beach mandated "hero pay" for grocery workers (really?) and, instead of those people being paid an additional $4 an hour, they're now unemployed.

They get nothing, and they get nothing because the Long Beach City Council was too myopic to consider the possible ramifications...

$15 is a paltry sum considering that if the minimum wage had kept up with inflation, it would be $24 an hour today. Corporations get rich on that shit. But I applaud the cities and employers that have already bumped to $12-15 and don't see them suffering in any manner whatsoever!

If I'm the owner of a business and I'm forced to double the pay of my employees, I can promise you that increase isn't going to come out of my profits. I'm going to raise my prices. So, yeah, if I'm a McDonald's franchisee and I go from having to pay my employees $7.25 an hour to $15, damn right I'm doubling the price of that dollar menu cheeseburger.

And, if people don't buy $2 cheeseburgers, I'll thin my staff, fire people, and lower my prices...
lol. Nobody takes right wingers seriously about economics even if money Talks.

Price inflation won't be more than thirty percent.

What difference does it make, who what why I is.....either flow with the Bullshit or put my black ass on ignore, THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE YOU BRAIN DEAD WHITE FUCK!!
I do t put anyone on ignore

otherwise how would I know what the black racists are saying?

They are not the problem.
Whose fault is it that they want $15 but are only worth $12?

I could suggest maybe illegal aliens flooding the job msrket and driving down wages

but most of them are hispanics and another lib pet minority that the left panders to
Employers are price takers not price makers when Government creates statutes that have effect of fixing Standards for a State or the Union.

Forum List

Back