Sick and tired of US debate on raising the min. wage.

Among major occupational groups, service occupations had the highest percentage of hourly paid workers earning at or below the federal minimum wage, at about 7 percent.

The BLS report finds that almost three quarters of minimum wage workers are white (72.6%), 17.9% are black, and 5.1% are Asian. The report also shows the breakout of minimum wage workers by industry. The leisure and hospitality industry employs the most, encapsulating 64.4% of all minimum wage workers.

Age. Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers, they made up just under half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less. Among employed teenagers (ages 16 to 19) paid by the hour, about 8 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with about 1 percent of workers age 25 and older. (See tables 1 and 7.)

hardly since most are already paying that much it only shows how far behind the federal min wage is.
To me it shows the stupidity of pinheads in government who cannot keep up with events on the ground.

but if the government workers must justify their existence why put the min wage higher than where the free market says it belongs?
When I did fed or state work I made forty five to fifty an hour so I guess the federal min wage is for trash collectors and terlit plungers?
I was shocked when Biden raised it to 15 for federal workers???????? Who in their right mind is working for the federal gov and making less than 15 and hour???? A WHOLE LOT OF MINORITIES....MY FRIEND WORKED IN SSI IN TENN. SHE WAS MAKING LESS THAN 15 AFTER 30 YEARS OF SERVICE
That sucks. I was making fifteen an hour twenty five years ago so wages really suck now compared to the 1980's-1990's.
80's and 90's business's weren't OUTSOURCED like they are today. My company is owned by them dark niggas in India. These ppl could give a fuck about us, let alone their own.
I understand I couldn't get the jobs I had back then, but I went self employed when the corporations wanted me to pee for their fetish to have a job.
I'm out in a few more months, never to look back....I'm gonna take my poultry savings, my SS and call it a day and in my spare time, I'm gonna write a great novel and leave it to mankind!!
Congrats, Tiger. Best decision you will ever make.
Oh, you betcha!! My house will be paid off too after 30 long years.

Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.

Right now, you make $7.25 an hour.

Right now, I sell a gallon of milk for $3.29.

You raise minimum wage to $15 an hour.

I raise the price of a gallon of milk to $6.80.

Your minimum wage increase has been of exactly no benefit to you...

To be honest with you, I have been kicked off of every site on the web bc of my mouth and frankly maybe I'm trying to be banned here too....I need a break from social media and having no place to go, will help me heal. Meanwhile, fuck off and why I gotta be black? What? White ppl don't cuss? Oh, so if you willfully threatend to murder politicians on public forums, its OK AS LONG AS YOU DON'T USE CURSE WORDS???? Get the fkkk out here
Your pathological obsession with skin color and distaste for whites gives you away

of course you could be a lilly white teenager who listens to rap music and wants to sound ”woke”

in either case you have a self-inflicted handicap
What difference does it make, who what why I is.....either flow with the Bullshit or put my black ass on ignore, THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE YOU BRAIN DEAD WHITE FUCK!!

I think they are the topic of this conversation and the reason your side wants to raise the minimum wage
They are not the problem.
My side wants people to have a livable wage.
Your side wants to keep poor people poor.

No, your side wants to deflect from the fact that you won't allow people to work by saying, "Yeah, but if you COULD work, we'd be forcing The Man to give you more of his big bucks."

Classic leftist template of running around frantically trying to prepare for a blizzard while ignoring that you're in the middle of a summer heat wave.

Joe Biden, as do most economist wants to raise the min. wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today. Most workers of course do not make 7.25 an hour as we all know, most are making btwn 8-12 an hour, with 12.00 being the standard. However, this debate has got to come to an end and real work, not words have to prevail this time.

For the last 12 years Wall Street as has Main Street retailers via online venues, all have seen profits soar to historic levels and Trump rallied and braged on how rich the rich was getting especially his last 4 years, not only with tax cuts but with market growths...so this bullshit about ppl will lose jobs...tired of hearing about it.

And waiting on a recovery from this pandemic will take another decade, if not more with so many business's, closing. However, NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WILL MAKE A DIME, OUTSIDE OF SPECULATORS AND HEDGE FUNDERS on WALL STREET, WITHOUT CONSUMER SPENDING.

Its time Biden, congress and the senate take the effort, the vote and raise the min. wage to a level that can not only help families regroup again with a new job focus, but also help business's grow also. Amazon raised wages profits only grew. Some companies will have to fold, welcome to life!! But at least the owner can go out and find a job paying 15 bucks an hour vs 7.25.

Right now, you make $7.25 an hour.

Right now, I sell a gallon of milk for $3.29.

You raise minimum wage to $15 an hour.

I raise the price of a gallon of milk to $6.80.

Your minimum wage increase has been of exactly no benefit to you...
right now, ppl are making min wage to 12 and hour and guess what you brain dead fuck....EVERYTHING IS ALREADY FUCKIN HIGH OR DO YOU EAT?

McDonald near me were offering 12 dollars an hour for straight out of high school and training. Now when the minimum wage is raised everyone who makes 15 dollars an hour will once again be entry level pay. Do you think that if you worked for 10 years at a place to make 15 an hour and suddenly some 18 year old with no skill, comes into your work making what you did? Only dumbasses think artificially raising minimum wages helps people...

This bullshit about prices will go up is a bunch of crap....NEWS FLASH...PRICES ARE ALREADY UP!! I GET THE SUPPLY VS DEMAND BULL, BUT lets not get this shit twisted.....bleach 4.99 a fuckin gallon, gas up, meats and veggies up, every fuckin thing is high and yall talking about the shit getting higher with a increase in wages????? okay, try it. EITHER WAY, THE RICH WILL STILL GET RICH, SO WHATS THE FUCKIN DEBATE AGAIN????

This bullshit about prices will go up is a bunch of crap....NEWS FLASH...PRICES ARE ALREADY UP!! I GET THE SUPPLY VS DEMAND BULL, BUT lets not get this shit twisted.....bleach 4.99 a fuckin gallon, gas up, meats and veggies up, every fuckin thing is high and yall talking about the shit getting higher with a increase in wages????? okay, try it. EITHER WAY, THE RICH WILL STILL GET RICH, SO WHATS THE FUCKIN DEBATE AGAIN????
Prices are up, because the ruling oligarchs have destroyed the value of the dollar. This makes it easier for the government to pay back it's debt obligations, and the corporations to pay back their liabilities.

OTH, it is a tax on the savings of consumers, and it weakens the purchasing power of the wage earners and salaried employees. Those who have massive investments and capital holdings are less affected, so they do not care.

And those behind this whole scam are more versed in economics, and THEY are the ones that float this whole, "minimum wage" debate to divide and distract the public from the true nature of the problem.

. . . mostly because everyone is so illiterate to the true cause.

Whether it passes or not, they do not give a shit, because the root cause will remain, and the folks affected by the devaluation will still be screwed in the long run.

Fuck the minimum wage.

The wage rates should the negotiated between the employer and the employee.

The frigging government does not need to be in the business of interfering in the Labor market.

The last thing we need are corrupt politicians that are getting money from special interest groups like the filthy ass greedy Unions interfering in the Labor market.

If you aren't making enough money for it to be worth your while at your present job then you should quit and go work someplace else.

Of course as we are seeing from China Joe already there may not be many jobs available. the stupid sonofabitch is destroying jobs almost every day.

All the minimum wage is going to do is put an artifical economic buren on the economy. A job destroying burden as we see wherever it is implemented.

Tiger says raising the minimum wage to 15 an hour will help businesses grow :lol:
She also says that the owners of new businesses can go out and find a job making $15.00 an hour instead if some other poultry. This isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Long Beach just mandated a 4 dollar raise for grocery store owners. Two major grocery stores promptly closed leaving all employees out of a job and out of job benefits.

The government cannot, must not pay unskilled workers more for doing much less than skilled workers with lots of time in grade. The American economy has never worked that way and never should. What people such as yourself and your political party are trying to achieve is equality of outcome, which is completely anti-American. An industrial maintenance technician making $25/hour or a state snow plow driver making $14/hour to start should not fear competition with a high school kid or recent graduate entering the workplace at $15/hour. You want higher starting wages? Do you? Then go to college, earn a degree or attend a tech/trade school. Or even better, start at the entry level wage and work yourself up to a living wage like every other blue collar American has/does.

Long Beach just mandated a 4 dollar raise for grocery store owners. Two major grocery stores promptly closed leaving all employees out of a job and out of job benefits.

If they need a $7.25 minimum wage to stay in business, they deserve to close

Poultry? AOC teach you economics?

wage to 15.00 an hour, from the poultry 7.25 as it stands today

That's a pretty chickenshit view for an economist to take! No respected hen economist wants to inject spiraling inflation into a stagnant economy with so many out of work. That idea would just lay a big egg.

BTW, show me someone who actually only MAKES $7.25 an hour with tips, etc.

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.57.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.57.47 AM.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back