Sick again...........

there is no insulin pill. there are many oral meds and one should know the difference in the oral meds...a simple mistake of taking the wrong allergy meds can affect the oral meds you are taking...i.e. clartin does not react with metformin while a lot of allergy meds cause a spike in blood sugar...people need more education about diabetes esp when they have it. esp when they are going back and forth to the hospital...

It's all about diet.

Maybe you should look into the benefits of a whole food plant based diet as it relates to diabetes

It's all about diet.

Maybe you should look into the benefits of a whole food plant based diet as it relates to diabetes
Agreed. Then limit all grains and sugar. Then start a regular protocol of wet and dry fasting. Diabetes gone.

diet, exercise and water....i have water with me at all times....sometimes getting up in the middle of the night to drink water...i dont know why but when i begin to crash i find drinking a good bit of water will help...plant based? most diabetics cannot be vegan ...or even meat free...hard to get the needed protein

there is no cure no matter what huskers say

I just got over having ANOTHER bout with complications due to diabetes. I had to spend a couple days in a local hospital to figure out WHY I'm having difficulties dealing with the disease. This time my blood sugar levels were almost dangerously low due to an overcompensation in insulin medication because my sugar levels WERE seriously HIGH in number before this. I thoght it would be a wonderful and clever idea to use ONLY emojis in my posts. My last day on here, 5-6 days ago, is a BLUR. I don't remember much about the last six hours or so, other than I had trouble focusing my thoughts. After my very last post, I blacked out and regained consciousness on the floor of my bedroom in front of my computer! My sister heard me fall, and was right there to find out what happened. I got fully dressed and my sister took me to the ER of our local hospital. Well, TWO DAYS later I got to go home. I had been off the Internet for about 3 days, recovering and getting my strength back. I'm glad to be back on here, but will be posting MUCH less frequently than I was before my latest illness.
And here I thought you were only sick in the head. Sorry.

an old wives tale? really...show me someone cured of diabetes.....even when they eat the wrong foods?

the only real cure is gastric bypass...but it comes with its own diet ....but cures diabetes for about five years...

an old wives tale? really...show me someone cured of diabetes.....even when they eat the wrong foods?

the only real cure is gastric bypass...but it comes with its own diet ....but cures diabetes for about five years...
Thousands have been cured. You minded to do some research.

give me a link then....to these thousands of cured? i would love to be cured and have researched this topic to the hilt...i would love a link on this cure you know about? gipper

i love the covid diet.....what can i say...neither site gives you a cure....just a chance to purchase a book etc....no i cant thank you for those links....

oddly none of the doctors i see have advocated for any of these...nor the nurses...nor the dietitians etc and so forth....i guess they are ignorant of these magic cures

are you on the covid diet?

Type 2 diabetes is a lifestyle disease

Type 1 is the result of a pancreatic disorder. We cannot cure type 1 yet but we can eliminate Type 2

I just got over having ANOTHER bout with complications due to diabetes. I had to spend a couple days in a local hospital to figure out WHY I'm having difficulties dealing with the disease. This time my blood sugar levels were almost dangerously low due to an overcompensation in insulin medication because my sugar levels WERE seriously HIGH in number before this. I thoght it would be a wonderful and clever idea to use ONLY emojis in my posts. My last day on here, 5-6 days ago, is a BLUR. I don't remember much about the last six hours or so, other than I had trouble focusing my thoughts. After my very last post, I blacked out and regained consciousness on the floor of my bedroom in front of my computer! My sister heard me fall, and was right there to find out what happened. I got fully dressed and my sister took me to the ER of our local hospital. Well, TWO DAYS later I got to go home. I had been off the Internet for about 3 days, recovering and getting my strength back. I'm glad to be back on here, but will be posting MUCH less frequently than I was before my latest illness.
And here I thought you were only sick in the head. Sorry.
Most likely NOT as sick in the head as YOU are, ya knucklehead.;)

have you looked into an insulin pump?
That IS a possibility, thanks, bones. I'm taking two insulin pills, once a day. Luckily I don't have to do injections.

You're type two and they dont have you on injectable insulin?
I have type one and take two pills a day and inject Toujeo every morning. How much is based on my sugar level at the time.
Surely you check your blood sugar daily though right?

Get well man!!!
And I'd ask your doc about Toujeo.
Easy to use and effective.
Yep, I DO have Type 2. My glucose monitor gadget HAS been been a bit funky lately. Kind of like the smell of my bedroom.;) And thanks, I've felt well since returning home from the hospital. And I HAVE requested a new glucose monitor machine. It works OK about half the time, the other half, not so much.

Wait a minute...smells funky?
I take it this isnt just a prick your finger kind of thing.
I used the one you stick on your arm for awhile just so I could figure out what my blood sugar was doing throughout the day and see where I was screwing up.
Now I just do the prick your finger once a day thing and inject the proper amount of insulin for the day.
It smells funky in my bedroom because I do fart a LOT...........................................;)

mr. boe is a type I diabetic. He had problems with hypoglycemia for years, so I have a lot of sympathy for you. Has your doctor talked to you about a continuous glucose monitor? mr. boe uses a Dexcom G6. It is fantastic - he hasn't had a dangerous low since he started using it.
I'll look into a continuous glucose monitor. Thanks for the recommendation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back