Sicario (2015 film)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

I just saw it. I know this movie got a lot of praise, but, honestly, I just don't see the big deal about this film. Yes, it has great cinematography and action, but that's about it. Emily Blunt's character is completely useless, and I'm just not a fan of this actress. She has dead eyes. I've only seen/remembered her in this movie and Edge of Tomorrow, and I honestly don't know why she keeps getting work.

Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, and Jon Bernthal were the best actors in this movie. Bernthal only has a small part. But even del Toro in this movie isn't no where near as entertaining and charismatic as he was in Traffic, which is a much better film on this subject matter, IMO.

The movie is worth watching, but I'd only give it a 7/10.

*Spoilers*

The night vision part in the tunnel was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
AsianTrumpSupporter , I watched it about a half dozen times and loved every minute of it.

The movie is based on a somewhat true story.

Thematically the lady FBI agent (Emily Blunt) represents the innocence of American ethics and law.

The Mexican former prosecutor (Benicio Del Toro) represents the ugly face of the drug wars themselves. You can call him Lucifer too. He is anything that is evil in society. Dope is evil. Murder is evil. Revenge is evil.

Josh Brolin represent the practical skills of American law enforcement at the edge of legality in an international dope war with Mexico and Colombia.

I would give it a 10 out of 10. Lots of things to think about. Revenge. Vendettas. Killing spouses and children. Trafficking in dope for a living to support and feed your family. Etc.

The underlying dilemma of the international Western Hemisphere drug wars is that of use and addiction in the USA.

If it were possible to stop use and addiction in the USA then the demand for the dope would disappear, and then the whole drug problem disappears with it.

AsianTrumpSupporter , I watched it about a half dozen times and loved every minute of it.

Thematically the lady FBI agent (Emily Blunt) represents the innocence of American ethics and law.

The Mexican former prosecutor (Benicio Del Toro) represents the ugly face of the drug wars themselves. You can call him Lucifer too. He is anything that is evil in society. Dope is evil. Murder is evil. Revenge is evil.

Josh Brolin represent the practical skills of American law enforcement at the edge of legality in an international dope war with Mexico and Colombia.

I would give it a 10 out of 10. Lots of things to think about. Revenge. Vendettas. Killing spouses and children. Trafficking in dope for a living to support and feed your family. Etc.

I don't doubt that the movie is realistic, but Emily Blunt does nothing for me lol. I get why she's there as a law enforcement officer, but they could have cast her character better, IMO.

I don't doubt that the movie is realistic, but Emily Blunt does nothing for me lol. I get why she's there as a law enforcement officer, but they could have cast her character better, IMO.
Well they needed a character which like the American body politic is pliable and soft -- more easily manipulated morally.

Men are usually viewed as hard core and die hard.

Women are more flexible on that.

That's why Emily got the part.

Men are born to hunt and kill.

Women are born to give birth and nurture children.

Emily's character is of a woman whose natural order was disrupted by divorce with no kids.

Strange things happen in life when women try men's jobs, and equally when men try women's jobs.

The most famous woman who was trying a man's job lately was Hillary.

And the most famous man trying a woman's was Joe Biden.

Go figure.

Anyway I am looking forward to the sequel.

It will probably be like one of those Jodie Foster movies with the mousy-cute lady in it and up to her gills in sh!t.

There has got to be more sex in the sequel, with Emily showing more skin and getting boinked more.

That's how it worked for the other great females in history, like Queen Elizabeth 1st or Cleopatra. They had to use their pussies more to get ahead.

Well they needed a character which like the American body politic is pliable and soft -- more easily manipulated morally.

I don't even mind that it's a female character. I just don't like this actress lol.

I don't even mind that it's a female character. I just don't like this actress lol.
I think Emily Blunt is a cutie. Same mold as Jodie Foster.

These are tomboys who wanted to play in the big leagues.

Their dreams are big. But their PTSD is no different than as for the males who have been playing in the big leagues for the past 1 million years.

I think Emily Blunt is a cutie. Same mold as Jodie Foster.

These are tomboys who wanted to play in the big leagues.

Their dreams are big. But their PTSD is no different than as for the guys who have been playing in the big leagues for the past 1 million years.

Jodie Foster is a far better actress though. She would have been great in this role.

Humanity's first battle was against the Neanderthals. We ate them finally to extinction.

Humanity's next battle was between warlords and empires. This went on unabated until Christianity and Buddhism tempered it somewhat.

The ancient Greek and post Renaissance philosophers led the charge on human rights -- as in all men created equal with life, liberty, and happiness.

Two great world wars extinguished all the major empires and left only 2 -- the Russians and the USA. The Chinese have been groveling to catch up ever since.

Humanity's current battle in the Western Hemisphere is against dope. About 20% are addicted, and about 10% feed that habit of theirs.

I just saw it. I know this movie got a lot of praise, but, honestly, I just don't see the big deal about this film. Yes, it has great cinematography and action, but that's about it. Emily Blunt's character is completely useless, and I'm just not a fan of this actress. She has dead eyes. I've only seen/remembered her in this movie and Edge of Tomorrow, and I honestly don't know why she keeps getting work.

Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, and Jon Bernthal were the best actors in this movie. Bernthal only has a small part. But even del Toro in this movie isn't no where near as entertaining and charismatic as he was in Traffic, which is a much better film on this subject matter, IMO.

The movie is worth watching, but I'd only give it a 7/10.

*Spoilers*

The night vision part in the tunnel was pretty awesome.

Agreed. Your review is right on. I thought the movie was okay, but far from great. Emily Blunt was miscast and her part in the movie was weak.

Toro and Brolin are great actors. This movie could have been much better, but oh well.

Forum List

Back