• Yes

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Let's see if they raise the age to buy a rifle

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I'm not paying attention

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Potato (this answer is unaffiliated with Joe Biden)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
If the government says you aren't old enough to buy tobacco, alcohol or guns...they are telling us people under 21 aren't mature enough to make good decisions...therefore...should we not also raise the voting age to 21?

Then we need to raise all "adult" things to 21.

Military....21.

Legally signing a contract...21.

Legal age to be tired as an adult...21.

Unrestricted drivers license....21

The left are so full of hypocrisies.
See, that's a common misconception.
You believe this because liberals , more often than not, contradict themselves - when in fact, they do not.

Liberals always argue whatever position they believe gives them the post political power at the time.
In that, they are entirely consistent, even if it means, 15 minutes from now, they argue the exact opposite of what they arued 15 minutes ago.

You believe this is hypocrisy because you do not understand liberals argue with a completely different set of rules than normal people; under those rules, they are 100% consistent.

If the government says you aren't old enough to buy tobacco, alcohol or guns...they are telling us people under 21 aren't mature enough to make good decisions...therefore...should we not also raise the voting age to 21?
I actually think voting age should be decreased to 16, seriously. I think most teenagers are competent enough to understand politics and vote for who they want. Austria, Brazil, Cuba, and Nicaragua allow 16 year old's to vote, why can't the United States?

I actually think voting age should be decreased to 16, seriously. I think most teenagers are competent enough to understand politics and vote for who they want. Austria, Brazil, Cuba, and Nicaragua allow 16 year old's to vote, why can't the United States?
Rights are rights.
Age 16 for one, age 16 for all.
Good with that?

The age for driving, military service, drinking, marriage and owning a firearm should be the age that you can run for Congress…

Driving - 18
Military Service - 20
Marriage - 16 for women, whenever you can afford it for men.
Drinking - 18 for men, 21 for unmarried Women, 16 for married women.
Owning a gun - 25
Voting - over 16, under 70

Then we need to raise all "adult" things to 21.

Military....21.

Legally signing a contract...21.

Legal age to be tired as an adult...21.

Unrestricted drivers license....21
We would anyone on the left be opposed to that.

Isn't that what we're telling them already?

If your judgement can't be trusted...it can't be trusted.

Then why not smoking...or buying alcohol...or joining the military...or being eligible for the draft?

Or buying a gun?

Make it 40...and no vote after 55.

The question is are you opposed to it?
To me 18 is fine across the board.

If you're old enough to be tried as an adult, sign a legally binding contract, vote and serve in the defense of your country... Then you're old enough to buy tobacco, alcohol and CCW firearms to defend yourself.

That makes sense...right?

To me 18 is fine across the board.

If you're old enough to be tried as an adult, sign a legally binding contract, vote and serve in the defense of your country... Then you're old enough to buy tobacco, alcohol and CCW firearms to defend yourself.

That makes sense...right?

I have been saying that for 30 years. Posted the same thing on here a few dozen times.

I never voted until I was 32. Back then, Texas drew jury pools from voter registrations. I had a small business, that I really couldn't take the necessary time off, to be a juror.

They switched years ago to using the DL registry. I've been on three juries since then. That's more of a patriotic duty than voting for the Democratic Party in Texas.

I never voted until I was 32. Back then, Texas drew jury pools from voter registrations. I had a small business, that I really couldn't take the necessary time off, to be a juror.

They switched years ago to using the DL registry. I've been on three juries since then. That's more of a patriotic duty than voting for the Democratic Party in Texas.
I have voted in every election since I was 18.... and that was decades ago :)

I never respond to Jury summons EVER. As an ex felon I would miss an entire day of work only to be dismissed.
You would think they would filter potential jurors better.

I never respond to Jury summons EVER. As an ex felon I would miss an entire day of work only to be dismissed.
You would think they would filter potential jurors better.
That's a good point. It's not like they don't have the info, they just don't know how to use it.

Forum List

Back