CDZ Should The United States Government Pay Reparations For Losses Causes By The Shutdown of Our Economy

Should the government pay reparations for economic losses suffered by it's citizens due to COVID-19

• Total voters
since the situation affects EVERYONE-----who would get the "reparations"?
Everyone who can show a quantifiable loss due to loss of income as a result of the shudown.

that would be a HUGE undertaking in accounting. The neediest among us would have the hardest time
coming up with the necessary paperwork. Some of the most needy do not have PAPERS (in my city)
Most everyone who works and receives a paycheck has check stubs showing their gross and net wages and the pay period dates. Various government agencies have records of what companies have paid their employees so demonstrating loss wages should not be difficult at all.

If you're paying a mortgage or rent you'd have documentation of your monthly mortgage payments for sure, your rental lease ditto.

Listing of your bills you were unable to pay because of loss of income such as utilities, car payments, credit card bills, etc. while you have no income should be the same documents you have when you're paying them.

The damage to your credit scores might be harder to quantify but one can certainly demonstrate a point-in-time when it was one score and when it began to decline because of late or missed payments. Or letters showing credit declined due to your now lowered credit score.

I would estimate that it would take the average person less than 2 hours to pull the documents listed above. That's not too ardurous a task in my opinion, if it will net you at least consideration of compensation for what you've lost.

you are limiting benefits to middle class, literate, people with stable homes. You might be amazed to learn how many USA people, SIMPLY, do not live that way.
So people earning minimum wage don't have pay stubs, utility bills, leases, car notes or credit card bills?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Your legs have been pulled already.

You have received those miserable $1200 while rich corporations have received millions and millions of dollars without needing them.

For example, who was the one who decided how much money each corporation must receive from those trillions of dollars?

Who made such calculation of giving $1200 per taxpayer?

Those $1200 is an amount which appears to be a lot of money but in reality won't cover sh*t when you want to pay your rent, buy food, pay bills, and other expenses in three months, while you are without job and unable to find job.

See?

Corporations have received enough money to keep running without production for the next six months, but you have received money to survive half month.

Your legs have been pulled.

Call, write to your representative and tell you won't vote for him/her. And do it.

They have betrayed you, they are the ones who prepared the bill giving you those miserable $1200.

Trust me in this. You can make justice just for voting for the contrary candidate no matter his/her political affiliation. The current politicians, the ones who signed those bills, they are the ones who decided to feed the rich while leaving you in chaos.

since the situation affects EVERYONE-----who would get the "reparations"?
Everyone who can show a quantifiable loss due to loss of income as a result of the shudown.

that would be a HUGE undertaking in accounting. The neediest among us would have the hardest time
coming up with the necessary paperwork. Some of the most needy do not have PAPERS (in my city)
Most everyone who works and receives a paycheck has check stubs showing their gross and net wages and the pay period dates. Various government agencies have records of what companies have paid their employees so demonstrating loss wages should not be difficult at all.

If you're paying a mortgage or rent you'd have documentation of your monthly mortgage payments for sure, your rental lease ditto.

Listing of your bills you were unable to pay because of loss of income such as utilities, car payments, credit card bills, etc. while you have no income should be the same documents you have when you're paying them.

The damage to your credit scores might be harder to quantify but one can certainly demonstrate a point-in-time when it was one score and when it began to decline because of late or missed payments. Or letters showing credit declined due to your now lowered credit score.

I would estimate that it would take the average person less than 2 hours to pull the documents listed above. That's not too ardurous a task in my opinion, if it will net you at least consideration of compensation for what you've lost.

you are limiting benefits to middle class, literate, people with stable homes. You might be amazed to learn how many USA people, SIMPLY, do not live that way.
So people earning minimum wage don't have pay stubs, utility bills, leases, car notes or credit card bills?

what makes you think that any person earning minimum wage is up against the wall, financially? Did you ever earn minimum wage? I have.
When I did earn minimum wage, I did not have a
car. I did have a credit card, but NEVER used it.
Some families can actually manage quite well with
a few members on minimum wage. Of course that
weirded out congress lady AOC, cannot manage
to live, with her boyfriend (I assume he works too)
on $174,000 per year. Is that <<< the mindset
you present? She actually did say ' ....HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET....'

Presently in the United States, millions of individuals have lost their source of income due to a government mandate to stay at home during the COVID-19 crisis. As a result of this loss of income, presumably things that American citizens have worked to obtain are in peril of loss, such as their homes, vehicles, educational opportunities, etc. And of course any default or late payments on loans, credit cards, mortgages, etc. damages one's credit score.

Even when the economy opens back up, for many Americans the damage will have already been done. You may be able to return to your job but you have a 3+ month deficit where you had no money coming in, yet your monthly expenses continued to accrue.

Because the government mandated the disruption to your ability to earn a living for yourself, do you think the government should compensate those who have suffered a loss via reparations?

Why or why not?
The 'Takings Clause' in the Constitution settles it.

If the government seizes or by direct order shuts down a business, they are liable for damages.

Straight up, no doubt about it.

Presently in the United States, millions of individuals have lost their source of income due to a government mandate to stay at home during the COVID-19 crisis. As a result of this loss of income, presumably things that American citizens have worked to obtain are in peril of loss, such as their homes, vehicles, educational opportunities, etc. And of course any default or late payments on loans, credit cards, mortgages, etc. damages one's credit score.

Even when the economy opens back up, for many Americans the damage will have already been done. You may be able to return to your job but you have a 3+ month deficit where you had no money coming in, yet your monthly expenses continued to accrue.

Because the government mandated the disruption to your ability to earn a living for yourself, do you think the government should compensate those who have suffered a loss via reparations?

Why or why not?
The 'Takings Clause' in the Constitution settles it.

If the government seizes or by direct order shuts down a business, they are liable for damages.

Straight up, no doubt about it.

huh? a quarantine is illegal?

Why or why not?
no make china pay !
Good luck ......all this had to be done to save us ......libs too me so

Why or why not?

Your thread title doesn't support the thread text.

Should United States government pay reparation?

No, because Federal government did not mandated (as you said in text) stay at home during crisis, that was imposed by some State governments.

Forum List

Back