Should the rest of the world adopt Islam's view of the inequality of women?

Jan 12, 2012

Pickthall4:34

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other,

Every moral legal system I know of in the West and most of the non-Islamic world begins with equality for all.

Check the value of a Muslim woman, according to some Muslim men, at the 8 min. mark.

Regards

DL

The main impetus for the question was the present immigration crisis in the E. U. and the fact that Islam is growing in power and influence all over the free world and if we do not bring it to heel, our women and cultures will lose the equality of the sexes.

Most of what I want to have you here other than what I answer to posts is in these two links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlIi36nvdWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCOLcMqdpls

Regards

DL

Attitudes toward women and gender roles are cultural, not religious.

That'll be $41.65.

Attitudes toward women and gender roles are cultural, not religious.

That'll be $41.65.

Religion is a part of culture.

Look up the definition and prove it to yourself.

Regards
DL

Eh - not really. One can participate more or less or or not at all in religion, but one doesn't really have a choice on culture.

One's culture is what one is made of and where one comes from. It determines literally everything, down to how you talk, how you walk, when, how and what you eat and how you take a dump; where and how you live, all the things you do and all the things you don't do; what everything means, what's more valuable and what's worthless. Religion determines what you do in your place of worship and what you "should" be doing/not doing in daily life. But if the religion says one thing and culture says another, culture will always win.

How one addresses the opposite sex is absolutely cultural, has jack squat to do with what one's religion says. Religion tries to get a hand in there at the time of a wedding but in the Grand Dynamic it's no more significant than Arnold Horshack desperately trying to be noticed from the back of the room.
:desk:

When we start dating or set up housekeeping with a mate, we do it according to the guidelines, stories, mores, values and systems our culture gives us, and they're the same structure regardless whether we're Christians, Jews, Buddhists or atheists. Whether that includes men abusing/dominating women, and exactly how, and to what degree, is all dictated by the unwritten laws of that culture -- and more specifically your particular subculture: whether you're urban, suburban, rural, from the North or South, etc. Whether the religion agrees, disagrees or has no opinion.

An extreme example would be "honor" killing. No religion allows it and every religion where it's coincident prohibits it; yet certain cultures still practice it -- despite their own religious prohibitions. Culture trumps both religion and law, every time.

Whether your religion addresses it or not, and regardless what it says on the matter, if you have a patriarchal culture, then patriarchy is simply the accepted system and that's how it will go down, until the culture changes.

Last edited:
Thankfully, Christianity turned away from that view of women during the last century. Hopefully Islam will soon follow.

"Christianity" didn't turn away from it -- our culture did. Particularly in the "Sixties". Christianity, and everybody else, had to get in line with that change, or lose support. Even now for example the RCC still has only male priests.

Culture leads, religion follows. Culture always has the upper hand.

Thankfully, Christianity turned away from that view of women during the last century. Hopefully Islam will soon follow.

"Christianity" didn't turn away from it -- our culture did. Particularly in the "Sixties". Christianity, and everybody else, had to get in line with that change, or lose support. Even now for example the RCC still has only male priests.

Culture leads, religion follows. Culture always has the upper hand.
Nice analysis. I didn't get what you were trying to say earlier. :thup:

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other,

Every moral legal system I know of in the West and most of the non-Islamic world begins with equality for all.

Check the value of a Muslim woman, according to some Muslim men, at the 8 min. mark.

Regards

DL

Oh you mean like the Southern Baptist Convention? :)

Wives and Husbands

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
- Ephesians 5, ESV

"A prohibition on pastoral leadership by women, affirmed within the last several years, is based on the Bible verse 1 Timothy 2:12 in which the Apostle Paul says, "I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man." Regarding family life, Southern Baptists cite Ephesians 5:22, "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord."

Land said the Southern Baptists' position allows for a wife to work outside the home, so long as her husband agrees — and Todd Palin has long backed his wife's career in public service.

Yet, Land's view is far from universal in the denomination. Many Southern Baptists believe women and mothers should stay home.

A year ago, the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, which has its main campus in Fort Worth, introduced an academic program in homemaking, where women — and only women — are taught how to cook and sew. In a 2004 sermon, the Rev. Daniel L. Akin, president of the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, in Wake Forest, N.C., cited the biblical book of Titus to argue that one of God's assignments to young women is to "be a homemaker."

"She is not lazy or a busybody, nor is she distracted by outside pursuits and responsibilities that eat up her precious time and attention," he said. "This woman is not seduced by the sirens of modernity who tell her she is wasting her time and talent as a homemaker, and that it is the career woman who has purpose and is truly satisfied.""
Southern Baptists back Palin despite view on women's role - USATODAY.com

Gotta love how people bash Islam for shit Christianity's been doing a lot longer.

Last edited:

Regards

DL

Wives and Husbands

22 Wives, asubmit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
- Ephesians 5, ESV

no i mean like actually chopping off people's phuking heads, burning people alive, selling little girls into slavery, sending young women to blow themselves up in marketplaces AS WE SPEAK idiot

wow!

Regards

DL

Wives and Husbands

22 Wives, asubmit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
- Ephesians 5, ESV

no i mean like actually chopping off people's phuking heads, burning people alive, selling little girls into slavery, sending young women to blow themselves up in marketplaces AS WE SPEAK idiot

wow!

Sounds like Catholics to me. Ever hear of Northern Ireland? Not that long ago.

Hypocrite.

Regards

DL

Wives and Husbands

- Ephesians 5, ESV

wow!

Hypocrite.

you're so over the top retarded i will just let your own response here resonate with the normal folks.....

Regards

DL

Wives and Husbands

- Ephesians 5, ESV

wow!

Hypocrite.

you're so over the top retarded i will just let your own response here resonate with the normal folks.....

When you can't win surrender's wisest.

Regards

DL

Wives and Husbands

- Ephesians 5, ESV

wow!

Hypocrite.

YAWN

refresh my memory "winner". when did catholics and/or british in northern ireland practice female genital mutilation?
when did they send women into market places with bombs that killed 100 at a time??

when did they butcher each other by lining them up and beheading them?
when did they burn people alive? when did they sell young girls into slavery?

Wives and Husbands

- Ephesians 5, ESV

wow!

Hypocrite.

YAWN

refresh my memory "winner". when did catholics and/or british in northern ireland practice female genital mutilation?
when did they send women into market places with bombs that killed 100 at a time??

Notice you yawn a lot in your theads. Maybe that works in the flame zone, and maybe by comparison you're pretty shithot there, but in real discussion groups it takes a bit more.

Why don't try countering the Bible and SBC bit instead of ignoring it like a punk.

wow!

Hypocrite.

YAWN

Notice you yawn a lot in your theads. Maybe that works in the flame zone, and maybe by comparison you're pretty shithot there, but in real discussion groups it takes a bit more.

Why don't try countering the Bible and SBC bit instead of ignoring it like a punk.

you're a mentalcase; so there is zero reason not to laugh at you, much less do anything you ask

if YOU werent a punk you would have answered the several questions i asked you

but because you ARE A COWARD AND A PUNK, you come back with a question for me

now you just look like the idiot you are comparing what happened in The Troubles with the over the top carnage happening in Islam RIGHT NOW.

Forum List

Back