Should The President Invoke Emergency Powers Under Article VI & the 14th Amendment..

You mean like the time when a certain president said that waterboarding wasn't torture. It was, instead, only an "enhanced interogation technique"?

You may disagree with that conclusion, but your disagreement doesn't make it wrong, fuck-wit.

LOL! I seems as if you spend a lot of your time collecting sophomoric insults. I guess that's your speed.

With that said, I think everyone could clearly see that Bush and Cheney were engaging in some creative attempts to redefine what torture was merely in order to make it more palatable to domestic and international consumers of propaganda. It sounds like the very kind of approach that Assad is using in Syria as he defines that gov't crackdowns as something considerably more benign.

Now go play with your blocks.

I seems? :lol:

You iz illiterate little girl.

Regardless of what a dopey turd like you claims to think about what real people "clearly see," the reality is that your definition of "torture" doesn't set the framework for any meaningful debate.

You aren't smart enough to pull that kind of thing off.

Go fuck a duck, shitbird.

You may disagree with that conclusion, but your disagreement doesn't make it wrong, fuck-wit.

LOL! I seems as if you spend a lot of your time collecting sophomoric insults. I guess that's your speed.

With that said, I think everyone could clearly see that Bush and Cheney were engaging in some creative attempts to redefine what torture was merely in order to make it more palatable to domestic and international consumers of propaganda. It sounds like the very kind of approach that Assad is using in Syria as he defines that gov't crackdowns as something considerably more benign.

Regardless of what a dopey turd like you claims to think about what real people "clearly see," the reality is that your definition of "torture" doesn't set the framework for any meaningful debate.

LOL! It's called a typo. Is that the best you got? No, I guess the best you got is your incessant name calling. You sure do spread that around, don't you? It's the sign of an immature and weak mind.

Yes he should and if the Republicans bitch about it he should tell them to go to hell.

I'd almost like to see it happen just to hear the Republicans cry "This has never been done before!"

...if there is no budget agreement by Aug 2nd, and the US is at risk of defaulting on its constitional obligation to pay its debts?

Insurrection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

How do people feel about this?

Any president can't just allow the US to be held hostage to the unwillingness of Congress to meet the constitutional obligations of the US to pay our legally incurred financial obligations because Congress fails to fulfill its constitutional requirement to raise the debt ceiling in order to insure that America does not default on its debt.

Great idea, comrade.....

Good call. I can't think of a reason why he couldn't do this. He is charged with protecting this country, after all.

That's the same logic Hitler used to justify putting Jews in gas ovens.

So anytime a President says any of his actions is to protect America that means they're nazis? If I recall correctly "protecting America" was one of the reasons Bush gave for Iraq

Sure why not this administration already owns this mess might as well make it an investment.

LOL! It's called a typo. Is that the best you got? No, I guess the best you got is your incessant name calling. You sure do spread that around, don't you? It's the sign of an immature and weak mind.

It's part typo, of course, dipshit. It's also an example of what a lazy shit you are. You are too busy being an asshole hypocrite to even edit your own ignorant spew.

And by the way, anybody with a functioning brain sees you as the dishonest hypocritical gasbag turd you are.

You probably cannot grasp the fact that you constantly DO the very shit you are presently whining about, ass breath. :lol:

Your mind is very weak. But, there's no need to restate the obvious. Every thing you post shouts out that fact.

It's part typo, of course, dipshit. It's also an example of what a lazy shit you are. You are too busy being an asshole hypocrite to even edit your own ignorant spew.

And by the way, anybody with a functioning brain sees you as the dishonest hypocritical gasbag turd you are.

You probably cannot grasp the fact that you constantly DO the very shit you are presently whining about, ass breath. :lol:

Your mind is very weak. But, there's no need to restate the obvious. Every thing you post shouts out that fact.

You're a one trick pony.

'Article One, Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.'

It would be really cool if Obama were to be impeached over this.

You're a one trick pony.

Nice use of cliche! You're really brilliant at those old, tired, hackneyed and yet meaningless things.

:clap2:

When you admit to yourself that you've got nothing to offer but your dishonesty and

more dishonesty

maybe you will smarten up enough to just shut up, Mistang.

Where on earth does Article VI or The 14th amendment authorize the President to envoke emergency powers?

The Presidents and our elected Representatives have spend our nation into unnecessary debt and have no intention ot stopping such spending and you want to give them more power to fix a problem they created and one they can fix simply but cutting their spending? That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in my life.

I recommend you watch Star Wars Episode II and III to learn about allowing executives to have "emergency powers" for problems they created. It's obvious you wont look to history to look at such examples but maybe youll listen to hollywood.

You're a one trick pony.

Nice use of cliche! You're really brilliant at those old, tired, hackneyed and yet meaningless things.

When you admit to yourself that you've got nothing to offer but your dishonesty and

more dishonesty

El surprise. You trot out the same old trick.

Don't you have anything to offer other than a redux of a 13 year old teenage boy's behavior?

Let me answer that question since I've seen your behavior over the course of years. No!

You're a one trick pony.

more dishonesty

Don't you have anything to offer other than a redux of a 13 year old teenage boy's behavior?

Let me answer that question since I've seen your behavior over the course of years. No!

Now that's impressive. No sooner do I point out that you do the very thing you whine about and that you are dishonest then you come back with more of the same dishonest shit you had just finished attempting to spew.

You really go out of your way to prove me right.

No need. It's already clear, pussy boi.

It's funny. Yesterday I saw a thread and I was like, I KNOW Mustang had another retarded idea aside from the one about fining news orgs for lack of truthiness.

This was it. :lol:

...if there is no budget agreement by Aug 2nd, and the US is at risk of defaulting on its constitional obligation to pay its debts?

Insurrection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

How do people feel about this?

Any president can't just allow the US to be held hostage to the unwillingness of Congress to meet the constitutional obligations of the US to pay our legally incurred financial obligations because Congress fails to fulfill its constitutional requirement to raise the debt ceiling in order to insure that America does not default on its debt.

Here's an idea. Since the politicans made the bills let them pay for it out of their pocket.

more dishonesty

Now that's impressive. No sooner do I point out that you do the very thing you whine about and that you are dishonest then you come back with more of the same dishonest shit you had just finished attempting to spew.

You really go out of your way to prove me right.

No need. It's already clear, pussy boi.

I like watching you jump through the hoops. Jump, Liability, JUMP!

Good boy. Yes, you're a GOOD boy!

It's funny. Yesterday I saw a thread and I was like, I KNOW Mustang had another retarded idea aside from the one about fining news orgs for lack of truthiness.

Let me give you a clue since you seem even more clueless than Liability.

I never suggested fining news organizations, which means you either never actually read what I wrote, or that your comprehension skills is no better than most other conservatives on just about any issue under the sun. I postulated that news organizations might actually fine the hosts of their shows (and possibly guests) if they stated something as fact that wasn't factually true. There's nothing like a negative financial consequence (otherwise known as a fine) to get people to start doing their homework instead of just making shit up.

With that said, while the idea of a president evoking emergency powers under Article VI and the 14th Amendment would be unprecedented, so is a looming threat to not raise the debt ceiling, thereby risking a 1st time ever default on America's constitutional obligation to pay its public debts.

Let me give you a clue since you seem even more clueless than Liability.

I never suggested fining news organizations, which means you either never actually read what I wrote, or that your comprehension skills is no better than most other conservatives on just about any issue under the sun. I postulated that news organizations might actually fine the hosts of their shows (and possibly guests) if they stated something as fact that wasn't factually true. There's nothing like a negative financial consequence (otherwise known as a fine) to get people to start doing their homework instead of just making shit up.

With that said, while the idea of a president evoking emergency powers under Article VI and the 14th Amendment would be unprecedented, so is a looming threat to not raise the debt ceiling, thereby risking a 1st time ever default on America's constitutional obligation to pay its public debts.

Now THAT'S funny!

A "clue" from a sub-moron who couldn't find his own ass with both hands!

Bwahaha. :lol:

This Mistang lass is a stupid bitch, but sometimes (unintentionally of course) it is a funny little bitch.

She will now hurry back with some "commentary" about how superior she thinks she is and similar tired, trite and dishonest verbal farts.

Wait and see.

Repeating my quesetion: Where do Article VI and the 14th amendment authorize the President to envoke emergency powers?

Forum List

Back