CDZ Should prisoners be released from jail and prison over the Chinese virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's... retarded.

You're... retarded...

The whole concept of parole is to work towards rehabilitation. If you know you are going to spend the rest of your life there, no matter what, your incentive is to make the guards and fellow inmates just as miserable as you are.

When someone is paroled, it should be because their conduct as an inmate warrants it and because they've truly shown signs of rehabilitation, as in not wanting to commit crimes again. You seem satisfied with releasing someone who conducts themselves as they must to be paroled, but that's it.

The difference is that I care what they're going to do in the future. You don't. I consider the heinous nature of their crime. You don't.

I don't think someone who stabs a 78 year old woman to death should ever be released. Such a person should rot in solitary confinement. No one who could ever do such a thing is, as far as I'm concerned, capable of being rehabilitated...

Widely held by who?

Anyone who has an IQ higher than their shoe size...

Wasn't talking about Manson...

Yes, we were...

When someone is paroled, it should be because their conduct as an inmate warrants it and because they've truly shown signs of rehabilitation, as in not wanting to commit crimes again. You seem satisfied with releasing someone who conducts themselves as they must to be paroled, but that's it.

Okay, guess what. Flowers met all of those conditions. He showed true signs of rehabilitation, and his warden, the parole board and the State Supreme Court recommended him for parole.

The difference is that I care what they're going to do in the future. You don't. I consider the heinous nature of their crime. You don't.

Well, no, I don't judge anyone by the worst thing they ever did in their lives. I take the entire case into account. He's unlike to offend again purely by virtue of his age... he's 64 years old.

I don't think someone who stabs a 78 year old woman to death should ever be released. Such a person should rot in solitary confinement. No one who could ever do such a thing is, as far as I'm concerned, capable of being rehabilitated...

So what do you base that on, other than your anger about the nature of his crime? Anyone can be rehabilitated.
Yes, we were...

Nope, I was talking about Flowers... but never mind, you've dug yourself in deep enough.

So what do you base that on, other than your anger about the nature of his crime? Anyone can be rehabilitated.
I don't believe that. Someone who would stab a 78 year old woman to death shoud [sic] rot in prison....
Someone who would stab a 78-year-old woman, just to rob her, shouldn't be allowed to live long enough to rot in prison. Such an animal as that ought to not be allowed to live very long at all past the point where his guilt has been adequately proven.

I don't believe that. Someone who would stab a 78 year old woman to death shoud rot in prison....

Your beliefs are irrelevant. The question was, did he meet the criteria for reform and parole? Clearly he did. Like it our not, our Prison-Industrial Complex cannot exist without parole being a thing. otherwise, we'd be locking up 9 million people who would have absolutely no incentive to reform or behave themselves.

Someone who would stab a 78-year-old woman, just to rob her, shouldn't be allowed to live long enough to rot in prison. Such an animal as that ought to not be allowed to live very long at all past the point where his guilt has been adequately proven.

Again, Capital Punishment doesn't work, it's why we are slowly abolishing it. Too many times we've almost executed innocent men and women.

Hey, Mormon Bob, there's this wonderful society that is just like what you want. It's called "Iran". Religious people run everything, they execute you for any moral transgression, and most importantly, those women know their place!!! I think you'd be very happy there. You can go door to door, spreading the good news of Mormon Jesus

Really?

How many crimes have been committed by criminals, after they've been subjected to capital punishment?

Completely irrelevant.

Here's a better question. How many innocent people got sent to Death Row because of incompetent, corrupt or racist prosecutors or cops?

In fact, that number is now up to 166 in the United states, compared to 1500 who have been executed since Gary Gilmore kicked off renewed capital punishment.

The State of Illinois abolished the Death Penalty because the system was so corrupt. The REPUBLICAN governor had to commute 163 death sentences because the cases were so messed up, he really couldn't make a case by case judgment.

Then you have cases where states have actually executed innocent guys, like Texas executing Todd Willingham even though there was substantial evidence he didn't do it.

Here's a whole list of people who were executed, but there was substantial doubt.

Now, going to my part of the world, we had a guy named Rolando Cruz, who was accused of a horrible crime. Except that even before his first trial was over, someone else admitted to the crime and offered to plead guilty as long as the Death Penalty was taken off the table. (He was already in jail for two other murders)

The prosecutors insisted on trying Cruz, withheld information from the Jury, and he was convicted. A court overturned the conviction, they tried him again, still misleading the jury. That verdict was overturned. Finally, DNA confirmed the other guy did it, and one of the cops finally admitted that the "confession" he recorded was false.

Oh, the prosecutors and cops who tried to frame this poor guy were put on trial. A DuPage county jury acquitted them and then went out and had drinks with them.

When you have a system that his THIS faulty, you don't get an ultimate penalty.

Mayor Deblasio in New York is going to start releasing prisoners from New York Jails....they claim it will be less dangerous criminals...but keep in mind, many criminals have illegal gun charges plea bargained down in order to get a successful prosecution.....so they are far from "non-violent."

NYC Mayor to start emptying jails over virus spread

Even as major crimes aside from murder and rape have been on the rise in New York City, the jail population is about to go down. Probably by a lot. Citing concerns over the spread of the coronavirus, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced this week that the city would begin releasing people from jail early in a number of different categories. Because when you’ve got a major epidemic disrupting life in your town, what better time to have a bunch more criminals roaming the streets, right? (NY Post)
--------

Prisoners serving terms of less than one year will also (mostly) be released. That’s going to include a lot of street-level drug dealers, as well as those accused of assault or property crimes like retail theft, burglary, and similar offenses. But don’t worry. I’m sure that people who were willing to violate all of those types of laws will absolutely listen to the Governor’s shelter in place orders and not go around breaking into people’s apartments.

Maybe it’s just my faulty memory, but I thought all of the major jails and prisons in the region had medical facilities right on the premises. Wouldn’t you think that a facility full of jail cells would be pretty well set up for isolating sick people? Particularly when some of those cells are specifically labeled as “isolation?” It just seems as if you’re running more of a risk of spreading the disease by dumping them back out on the streets instead of keeping them where you know where they are and who they are coming in contact with.

Depends on the crime; something like traffic warrants and that sort of stuff, let them go; violent crimes, theft, wearing gang tattoos, known gang members, etc., let them rot, protect the guards instead. They just just toss them their food through the bars and limit any exposure to them by the staff until the virus runs its course.

Gun murder in the U.S. 2019.....

Guy, we don't have time for your skewed NRA propaganda numbers.. Nobody thinks there were only 10 mass shootings in 2019.

There were more mass shootings than days in 2019

Wrong.......and Mother Jones isn't spelled with "NRA."

US mass shootings, 1982-2020: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.)
    • Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
  • ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence. (Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Rental Truck in Nice, France, 86 murdered in 5 minutes...

Total number murdered in mass public shootings by year...

Lawn mower deaths every year.... more than 75
(
https://munews.missouri.edu/news-releases/2007/0419-lawn-mowers.php)
2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

they never ever count gangbangers as 'serial killers'; I guess that would screw up their massaging the stats since that would show the politically incorrect fact that most serial killers are black and brown, not white.

We have common sense gun control....the problem is that the democrat party politicians, as above, judges and prosecutors keep letting violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail and prison...over and over again........

Uh, guy, most gun violence is by people who've never been in trouble with the law. Every mass shooter, never arrested in their lives until they snapped.

We don't have a gun problem, we don't have a normal people who own guns problem.....we have a problem with the democrat party letting violent, repeat gun offenders out of prison.......over and over again...they are the ones driving the gun crime and murder rate....

Nope, we have a gun problem. Every other nation limits who can have guns, and they have nowhere near the death levels from guns we have.

If we handled Covid-19 the way we handle guns, we'd have a National Virus Association that would insist every Mad Scientist has a right to a gene splicing lab and a unlimited number of cultures.

Gun murder in the U.S. 2019.....

Mass public shootings in 2019.....

Total killed....73

So no, mass public shooters did not commit the most gun violence in the country.

Gun violence is perpetrated by criminals with long criminal histories, going back to their teen years.......where they are constantly released over and over again even with multiple arrests for illegal guns and gun crime.

Bingo. And the reason is, they can't find nearly enough white defendants to make the numbers come out like they're supposed to, according to the Democrats. They always end up all racists n stuff when the laws are applied truthfully and honestly. Most major cities' law enforcement and court systems are being run and controlled by black and brown minorities now, with whites mostly out in the suburbs, so just another reason to abandon cities to their fates and avoid them altogether by those who can afford to do so. Why support the tax bases of corrupt and racist gangster friendly city govts????

Really?

How many crimes have been committed by criminals, after they've been subjected to capital punishment?

Completely irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant at all.

It's okay to admit being too stupid to answer a question. Unless you're too stupid to know you're too stupid, and that seems to be the case with you.

You say capital punishment doesn't work. Well, it does. Not a single person who's been put to death has ever committed another crime...

Depends on the crime; something like traffic warrants and that sort of stuff, let them go; violent crimes, theft, wearing gang tattoos, known gang members, etc., let them rot, protect the guards instead. They just just toss them their food through the bars and limit any exposure to them by the staff until the virus runs its course.

You think we should throw people in jail for having the wrong tattoos?

Bingo. And the reason is, they can't find nearly enough white defendants to make the numbers come out like they're supposed to, according to the Democrats. They always end up all racists n stuff when the laws are applied truthfully and honestly. Most major cities' law enforcement and court systems are being run and controlled by black and brown minorities now, with whites mostly out in the suburbs, so just another reason to abandon cities to their fates and avoid them altogether by those who can afford to do so. Why support the tax bases of corrupt and racist gangster friendly city govts????

Well, that's true... they can't find enough white defendents when little Timmy gets a slap on the wrist and little Jamal gets prison.

they never ever count gangbangers as 'serial killers'; I guess that would screw up their massaging the stats since that would show the politically incorrect fact that most serial killers are black and brown, not white.

That and they really don't kill that many people.

Total number of gang related homicides in the US any give year is 1300-2000. It's just not that many. It's certainly not just a few guys.

When it comes to mass shooters, people who express their love for the second amendment by shooting up a school or a theater or a shopping mall... those are almost exclusively white guys.

Okay, guess what. Flowers met all of those conditions. He showed true signs of rehabilitation, and his warden, the parole board and the State Supreme Court recommended him for parole.

Well, no, I don't judge anyone by the worst thing they ever did in their lives. I take the entire case into account. He's unlike to offend again purely by virtue of his age... he's 64 years old.

Yes, we were...

Nope, I was talking about Flowers... but never mind, you've dug yourself in deep enough.

No......senior citizens are just as capable of committing murder as other people...and if you commit murder you should never be allowed out of prison....I prefer the death sentence so we don't end up with people like you joe wanting to release them simply because they are old......their dead victims don't have a chance to grow old....

It's not irrelevant at all.

It's okay to admit being too stupid to answer a question. Unless you're too stupid to know you're too stupid, and that seems to be the case with you.

You say capital punishment doesn't work. Well, it does. Not a single person who's been put to death has ever committed another crime...

Sometimes we execute people who didn't commit a crime to start with, and that's the problem.. I'm sorry you didn't understand the rest of the post where I detailed how flawed our system is.

No......senior citizens are just as capable of committing murder as other people...and if you commit murder you should never be allowed out of prison....I prefer the death sentence so we don't end up with people like you joe wanting to release them simply because they are old......their dead victims don't have a chance to grow old....

again, we had to cancel the DP in our state because our corrupt cops tried to execute too many INNOCENT people, that we had more people being exonerated than executed. That's why George Ryan had to commute all the death sentences.

Point is, very few senior citizens go out murdering anyone..

1586707729005.png

Total number of gang related homicides in the US any give year is 1300-2000. It's just not that many. It's certainly not just a few guys.

When it comes to mass shooters, people who express their love for the second amendment by shooting up a school or a theater or a shopping mall... those are almost exclusively white guys.

Gangs...

Gang Killers In Chicago Used Christmas Gatherings To Target Their Victims

Gang killers, knowing their targets would be home for Christmas, launched a bloody weekend of shootings in Chicago that left 11 dead and another 37 wounded.

"We now know that the majority of these shootings and homicides were targeted attacks by gangs against potential rivals who were at holiday gatherings. This was followed by several acts of retaliatory gun violence," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement Monday.

--------------

The violence primarily occurred in areas with historical gang conflicts on the South and West Side of Chicago."

Baltimore.....

Analysis of murder data in Baltimore: 82% of Victims have criminal record, 81% of suspects have criminal record, average victim had 10.8 arrests - Crime Prevention Research Center

Clearly neither the victims nor perpetrators of murders are “normal” people — both groups are overwhelmingly criminals. Sixty-five percent of murders occurred for unknown reasons, and there were only 86 suspects for these 348 murders. Fifty-nine percent of murders occurred on the street.
Homicides in Baltimore largely involve criminals killing criminals.

82% of Victims have criminal record. The average victim had 10.8 arrests, with 4.1 of those being drug offenses. Sixty-seven percent had an arrest record for drugs. Forty-four percent had an arrest record for gun crimes. Twenty-nine percent of victims were clearly known by the police to be members of “drug crews or gang” members. Obviously, some of those 18% who didn’t have an arrest record were probably also engaging in or suspected of criminal activity.

again, we had to cancel the DP in our state because our corrupt cops tried to execute too many INNOCENT people, that we had more people being exonerated than executed. That's why George Ryan had to commute all the death sentences.

Point is, very few senior citizens go out murdering anyone..

View attachment 322541

No...George Ryan was about to go to trial and he was hoping to sway the jury pool by commuting the death penalty.......

Gang killers, knowing their targets would be home for Christmas, launched a bloody weekend of shootings in Chicago that left 11 dead and another 37 wounded.

"We now know that the majority of these shootings and homicides were targeted attacks by gangs against potential rivals who were at holiday gatherings. This was followed by several acts of retaliatory gun violence," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statement Monday.

Had nothing to do with my point.

I'm a numbers guy.. except I actually bother to research numbers.

Gang related homicides between 2008 and 2012 averaged 2000 a year out of some 17,000 homicides.

So we still have all those other homicides, which is things like people killing family members over who drank the last can of Milwaukee's Best.

Gun murder in the U.S...

Mass public shootings in U.S.....

2019..... 10

Total number killed... 73

So...... the majority of gun deaths in this country happen in democrat party controlled voting districts by criminals with long histories of crime and violence...

White male mass public shooters....less than 73 killed in 2019.........

Joe doesn't know what he is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back