Should Obama Send Back His Peace-Prize???

Somebody had to finish it. God knows Bush couldn't finish it in 5 years after declaring mission accomplished

Your personal preference....which do you like better, "Mission Accomplished,"

or 'I'm John Kerry and I'm reporting for duty,' he said moments later from the podium -- and snapped off a salute.

The "Mission Accomplished" mantra is a media invention intended to destroy the positive effect Bush had on morale when he landed on that flightdeck wearing his flightsuit and shook hands with nearly every swinging-dick on that carrier.

The sign was not his idea, but instead placed there to give congrats for a successful completion of their deployment and a job well done.....both of which drove the Democraps crazy.

(Pssssst! I was makin' fun of wingy's latching on to any imagined attacks on Bush. Don't tell him.)

Your personal preference....which do you like better, "Mission Accomplished,"

or 'I'm John Kerry and I'm reporting for duty,' he said moments later from the podium -- and snapped off a salute.

The "Mission Accomplished" mantra is a media invention intended to destroy the positive effect Bush had on morale when he landed on that flightdeck wearing his flightsuit and shook hands with nearly every swinging-dick on that carrier.

The sign was not his idea, but instead placed there to give congrats for a successful completion of their deployment and a job well done.....both of which drove the Democraps crazy.

LOL

Sure it was. So how come Bushs speech carried the same mission accomplished message?

Read paragraph 2 of my post dip-shit.

An honest media would have discovered that the crew put it up there. Instead the media didn't ask, or lied, or ignored the answer when it was given.

Oh, nooooo!!!!

They'd never do that!!!!!

LOL

Sure it was. So how come Bushs speech carried the same mission accomplished message?

An honest media would have discovered that the crew put it up there. Instead the media didn't ask, or lied, or ignored the answer when it was given.

Oh, nooooo!!!!

The crew did not put it up. Even the White House admitted it was they who made the poster and not the Navy. Bush knew what he was doing....he was there to declare victory

obama-jagland.jpg

I remember the first thought that went through my mind when he won the damned thing.

:disbelief: This Is :bsflag:

Obama had just been totally humiliated when he came in dead last in the Olympics vote. He couldn't BS his way into bringing the Olympic games to Chicago. So a couple of weeks after this all of the sudden he wins a Nobel Peace Prize for what????

My.....what great timing.

Obama expressed surprise of course.

Turns out for nothing. Since he's been President he has murdered several terrorists, one an unarmed Usama Bin Laden, in cold-blood. He's gone from kill or capture to just kill them and dump their body in Davy Jone's locker.

His support for the Arab Spring started in Tunisia and has resulted in hundreds of honor killings of women in Libya who's only crime was to be rape victims of Qaddafi's soldiers.

Right now at this writing Christians are under siege in Egypt after the peace-movement gave way to a Theocracy instead of a Democracy. Radicals are currently ginning up a war against Israel instead of attempting to move on and build a better life for themselves. The Muslim Brotherhood is now firmly in control, as we have warned.

Pakistan is now our enemy because Obama continues to bomb villages inside their borders despite warning from the government that further military action would result in dire consequences.

This is one of the excuses Thorbjørn Jagland, Chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee gave for justification of the award:

We couldn’t avoid giving the prize to President Obama given the will of Alfred Nobel and what he did on this point. But, there are other things also, which we looked at, for instance, the fact that he started immediately to build bridges to the Muslim world throughout the time."

Yes, building bridges.....then blowing them all to hell.

Incidentally, captured, non-uniformed enemy combatants are entitled to no rights under the Geneva Conventions or the U.S. Constitution. Every one of them could have been summarily executed on the battlefield (and have been under Obama).

Nonetheless, riding on his moral high horse with lifted chin, Obama extends American constitutional rights to foreign enemy combatants. Yet, inexplicably, the same Obama had no problem targeting U.S.-born Anwar al-Awlaki for assassination in Yemen. The question here is not whether al-Awlaki was deserving of death. The relevant question is whether Obama acted according to his own professed understanding of "the rule of law."

The unilateral power Obama is wielding makes Bush's "illegal torture" look like pat-a-cake. Articles: Nobel Peace Laureate Assassinates American Citizen

Obama also has a hit list of folks that he's targeting for assassination. Secret panel can put Americans on kill list' | Reuters

A CNN poll currently has Obama losing 22 - 77 on the question; Has Obama lived up to his Nobel Peace Prize? Debate: Has President Obama lived up to his Nobel Peace Prize? – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Obama showed support for the violent protests earlier this year in Wisconsin and now supports similar protests all over the United States. We can see direct ties to Obama now through ACORN, SEIU, The Workers Family Party and other union thugs. They're deficating on police cars and pissing all over the place. Now the protesters want to invade the homes of rich Republicans. It doesn't matter that most of the people in charge on Wall Street vote Democrat. New York City is a liberal mecca. What gives them the idea that only Republicans are greedy????

Fast & Furious is contributing to violence all along the U.S. Mexico border. Yes, this Nobel Peace Prize winner made sure that over 2000 automatic weapons ended up in the hands of Mexican drug-runners, and is responsible for murders and even the death of an ICE agent.

So I think Obama needs to send that puppy back because he doesn't deserve it.

Links

The new humane: killing terrorists instead of capturing them « Hot Air

Secret panel can put Americans on kill list' | Reuters

Will the 'Fast and Furious' Scandal Be Obama's Watergate? | The Weekly Standard

Obama getting that prize has delegitimized its meaning and significance. The money supposedly went to charity so maybe some good came from it. As for the little medal, it has become nothing more then a cheap trinket, no more significant then the pink ribbon you get at track and field day in school.

nobel peace prize medal | eBay

Last edited:
LOL

Oh, nooooo!!!!

The crew did not put it up. Even the White House admitted it was they who made the poster and not the Navy. Bush knew what he was doing....he was there to declare victory

Considering the fact that you're unable to think unless the media tells you what to say it's pretty obvious you're full of it.

But let's assume that you're correct. Bush had the thing put up there.

What the sign meant is open to interpretation.

As a former Navy man and having been on two Western Pacific tours myself, I would take it as a personal congratulation from Bush to myself and the crew.

Did Bush ever say the war on terror was over during that speech?

Did he not say all along that tough days still lay ahead in the fight against terror?

Last edited:

Oh, nooooo!!!!

Considering the fact that you're unable to think unless the media tells you what to say it's pretty obvious you're full of it.

As a former Navy man and having been on two Western Pacific tours myself, I would take it as a personal congratulation from Bush to myself and the crew.

Did he not say all along that tough days still lay ahead in the fight against terror?

You might have a point if Bush had made a speech on a different topic. What he said was ""In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

It was consistent with what Bush and his staff had been saying all along. That Iraq would be an easy victory, that we would be treated as liberators, that large amounts of troops would not be needed in Iraq. His premature declaration of victory was entirely in character

History has shown that not only was the decision to invade Iraq a strategic blunder but Bush and his advisors woefully underestimated the mission and what was required to accomplish it

You might have a point if Bush had made a speech on a different topic. What he said was ""In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

It was consistent with what Bush and his staff had been saying all along. That Iraq would be an easy victory, that we would be treated as liberators, that large amounts of troops would not be needed in Iraq. His premature declaration of victory was entirely in character

History has shown that not only was the decision to invade Iraq a strategic blunder but Bush and his advisors woefully underestimated the mission and what was required to accomplish it

Very good.

Problem is....it was not a blunder. It was brilliant.

Instead of fighting them in their backyard on their terms Bush forced al Qaeda to move their operations to Iraq. Now Obama is fighting them in Afghanistan like an idiot but he's also losing the war in Iraq. Iraq is about to kick us out. Afghanistan is a losing battle.

Obama has used Drones to completely alienate Pakistan.

He's killed a couple of Ragheads and lost the war.

Last edited:
Yes but obviously he wont. These awards are bogus. They're given to endorse a particular policy and political agenda. They are not based in fact and reality. I don't pay attention to them anymore. I know it's all about politics.

Yes but obviously he wont. These awards are bogus. They're given to endorse a particular policy and political agenda. They are not based in fact and reality. I don't pay attention to them anymore. I know it's all about politics.

And you can get one for $15.00 on ebay.

Very good.

Instead of fighting them in their backyard on their terms Bush forced al Qaeda to move their operations to Iraq. Now Obama is fighting them in Afghanistan like an idiot but he's also losing the war in Iraq. Iraq is about to kick us out. Afghanistan is a losing battle.

Wow.....

So you're the one who still beleives Iraq was a hotbed of terrorism. Bush sure did a great job of ridding the world of all them Iraqi terrorists

Them terrorists in Pakistan and Yemen never hurt nobody anyhow

That is why Bush is looked at around the world as such a genius

Yea...all the smart and popular kids always win those awards anyway

Not fair

Obama getting that prize has delegitimized its meaning and significance

The "Peace" prize has been awarded to a terrorist. It's been awarded to a list of appeasers and to Jimmy Carter just for hating America. It has never been awarded to Reagan who ended the cold war or any other Conservative who actually made a difference, only to liberals who didn't. In what way was it Obama that somehow de-legitimized it's meaning? What meaning at that point was legitimate?

Very good.

Wow.....

So you're the one who still beleives Iraq was a hotbed of terrorism. Bush sure did a great job of ridding the world of all them Iraqi terrorists

Only a fool picks a fight with someone on their home turf.

You must be a fool.

If I learned anything during my time in the military, it was this; Knowing the terrian is half the battle. Resupply is important as well. If their units are garrisoned in Pakistan why fight them so close to home?

Bush wouldn't tell anyone this. He wanted to fight the enemy where they would find the fighting a bit more difficult. In Afghanistan the terrian is terrible. Armored units are forced into bottle-necks and killing zones. High altitudes make helo operations very difficult. Most of the fighting would be done on foot in steep mountains. Iraq is better suited for modern warfare. There is no comparison. Obama didn't care. He isn't concerned about out troops welfare. He doesn't care that every foreign Army in history failed to conquer Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Very good.

Wow.....

You must be a fool.

If I learned anything during my time in the military, it was this; Knowing the terrian is half the battle. Resupply is important as well. If their units are garrisoned in Pakistan why fight them so close to home?

Bush wouldn't tell anyone this. He wanted to fight the enemy where they would find the fighting a bit more difficult. In Afghanistan the terrian is terrible. Armored units are forced into bottle-necks and killing zones. High altitudes make helo operations very difficult. Most of the fighting would be done on foot in steep mountains. Iraq is better suited for modern warfare. There is no comparison. Obama didn't care. He isn't concerned about out troops welfare. He doesn't care that every foreign Army in history failed to conquer Afghanistan.

Oddest bit of military tactics I have ever read

If you can't fight the enemy where they are.....pick another enemy someone else where it is easier

Wow.....

You must be a fool.

If you can't fight the enemy where they are.....pick another enemy someone else where it is easier

Are you really that stupid????

Who were we fighting in Iraq???

Answer: al Qaeda (Usama Bin Laden) and a local insurgency supported by Iran. Did the Taliban fly those jets into those buildings? No, al Qaeda did.

We captured or killed thousands of Saudis, Yemenis, Somalis, Pakistanis, Sudanese, Jordanians, the list goes on. Dozens of countries. Do you want a list of all of the different countries represented? All outsiders. Many of them helped rid Afghanistan of Soviet aggression in the 80s. Now what we didn't kill in Iraq is killing us in the mountains of Afghanistan thanks to Obama.

The Northern Aliance took out the Taliban in a couple of months. We can't do the same because our army has no enemy to fight straight up. We hunker down and hide in our FOPs and get killed whenever we venture out. At first it was just ambushes, but now they've raided our embassy. They're getting more and more brave.

Last edited:

You must be a fool.

Answer: al Qaeda (Usama Bin Laden) and a local insurgency supported by Iran. Did the Taliban fly those jets into those buildings? No, al Qaeda did.

We captured or killed thousands of Saudis, Yemenis, Somalis, Pakistanis, Sudanese, Jordanians, the list goes on. Dozens of countries. Do you want a list of all of the different countries represented? All outsiders. Many of them helped rid Afghanistan of Soviet aggression in the 80s. Now what we didn't kill in Iraq is killing us in the mountains of Afghanistan thanks to Obama.

The Northern Aliance took out the Taliban in a couple of months. We can't do the same because our army has no enemy to fight straight up. We hunker down and hide in our FOPs and get killed whenever we venture out. At first it was just ambushes, but now they've raided our embassy. They're getting more and more brave.

Wrong again...

Bin laden was nowhere near Iraq....didn't you read the papers?
AlQaida never showed up til AFTER we invaded. They knew where their targets were

Wrong again...

Bin laden was nowhere near Iraq....didn't you read the papers?
AlQaida never showed up til AFTER we invaded. They knew where their targets were

You are small minded. You've already forgotten what I've said. Maybe because you're skimming over my posts or have about a 20% reading comprehension.

Bush suckered al Qaeda into a fight in Iraq. The last place he wanted to fight them was in Afghanistan.
He had a legit purpose to go after Saddam but eventually al Qaeda started entering the fight against the insurgency.
Must I spell it out any more?

You are small minded. You've already forgotten what I've said. Maybe because you're skimming over my posts or have about a 20% reading comprehension.

Bush suckered al Qaeda into a fight in Iraq. The last place he wanted to fight them was in Afghanistan.
He had a legit purpose to go after Saddam but eventually al Qaeda started entering the fight against the insurgency.
Must I spell it out any more?

I've always found that amusing. The left firmly and consistently believes that not grasping an argument somehow makes them more intelligent. I think it makes them morons. We'll have to agree to disagree...

I'm not sure I agree that was what got Bush going in Iraq, I think it was Hussein not al Qaeda. Though to your point he did end up slaughtering a lot of al Qaeda members in Iraq when they joined the fight. But I at least grasp your argument. Good luck getting a liberal to. They're more intelligent then us you know, they don't understand these things.

Forum List

Back