Should Mail-In Balloting Continue?

Yes, keep mail-in voting. Eliminate crying over results we've seen after these last 2 elections.
In other words, keep cheating viable?

God....dammit you people are so fucking transparent.

• In person only
  • ID required
  • Purple dye on left hand
  • hand counts only.....no fucking machines
  • 3 observers for every person counting
  • video of all counting
I will never trust another election until THAT is the process.

I'd add one more item to your list. Any voter waiting more than 20 minutes in an election line should be given a choice of remaining in line or receiving a mail-in ballot that needs to be returned within a week.

Leave it up to the states. Republican's in those swing states should follow Texas and Florida and count the early and mail in ballots as they arrive. Had they done that the old Trumpybear wouldn't have been able to fool as many of his flock as he did!

Leave it up to the States, but their elections should be valid for federal seats.

If Hawaii decided the will only let natives vote, the fed can reject their electors.

Looks like you want the John Lewis Voters Rights Act...

Too many irregularities and inconsistencies came about in the 2020 Elections. The Trump ship has sailed and Biden will be the next President. But, as a voter, I don’t want to see Mail In Balloting return. It raises too much uncertainty an doubt.

Vote by mail should be conducted within the Absentee Ballot guidelines; not Mail In.
I have no problem with vote-by-mail but it should be at the voter's request, not a buckshot-dispersal of unsolicited forms.

Most States already have this... it's only a few that a new to the game that made it look goofy... fix those few and it's Golden.

Five states mail states to all registered voters under the valid inference that registering meant that you want to vote

Those elected officials are legitimate, nobody is questioning the validity of their elections.... Rolling it out nationwide would be no problem.

You keep talking about 5 states and this election. I am talking about risk management. You are in dire need of lesson number 1 in statistics: One data point does not make for statistics.

I doubt you will convince Trump to show up in person.

Too many irregularities and inconsistencies came about in the 2020 Elections. The Trump ship has sailed and Biden will be the next President. But, as a voter, I don’t want to see Mail In Balloting return. It raises too much uncertainty an doubt.

Vote by mail should be conducted within the Absentee Ballot guidelines; not Mail In.

I agree. The only people who should vote by mail are those who are out of the country. Everyone else should go to the polls and vote in person.

I have no problem with vote-by-mail but it should be at the voter's request, not a buckshot-dispersal of unsolicited forms.

Most States already have this... it's only a few that a new to the game that made it look goofy... fix those few and it's Golden.

Five states mail states to all registered voters under the valid inference that registering meant that you want to vote

Those elected officials are legitimate, nobody is questioning the validity of their elections.... Rolling it out nationwide would be no problem.

You keep talking about 5 states and this election. I am talking about risk management. You are in dire need of lesson number 1 in statistics: One data point does not make for statistics.

One point?

Colorado has been doing it since 2013. Pretty much every year or so they have had an election. Oregon started toing it in 1981. Dozens and dozens of elections...

If anything, you're using this "one point" to scream that it's not working (when it did work by the way) only because we have an orange blob saying it didn't work based only on the fact that he lost.

One point?

Colorado has been doing it since 2013. Pretty much every year or so they have had an election. Oregon started toing it in 1981. Dozens and dozens of elections...

If anything, you're using this "one point" to scream that it's not working (when it did work by the way) only because we have an orange blob saying it didn't work based only on the fact that he lost.

You obviously know nothing about statistics. Find another data point. Then another. At what point do you think you have a trend?

One point?

You obviously know nothing about statistics. Find another data point. Then another. At what point do you think you have a trend?

There was a trend at about 2016 I'd imagine. Dozens of elections...no sizable fraud. Nobody uttering a peep about illegitimacy.

Of the 8,000 losers on election night on 11/3/2020, you have one orange blob screaming about fraud. When do you think you have a trend?

Most secure election in history. Mail in ballot should become the new standard. Standing in line for hours to cast a ballot you could do from your house is stupid.

You don't see the difference between the established Absentee Voting and Mail-In Voting? Mail-In voting is replete with risks compared to Absentee voting. In Absentee Voting, the voter initiates the request for a ballot, is more secure, and solves your issue of standing in line vs. voting from your house. Not stupid and more secure.

Five states mail out ballots to every registered voter in those states. Nobody has ever said their elections are invalid, improper, fraught with fraud, etc....

There is nothing wrong with voting by mail. As this election has indicated and as the courts have found ZERO sizable election fraud.

You keep glossing over the difference between the Absentee format and the risks identified with the ad-hoc Mail-In format instituted this year. Both are "vote by mail." Moving forward, I have identified the risks and am advocating that if voters want to vote by mail, they should request a ballot. This is how I did it myself this year. I requested a ballot, it was mailed to myself, I voted and sent it back. The ballots should not be based on registration lists. My argument is about risk reduction, no elimination of vote by mail.

You keep ignoring that five states have mailed ballots to every registered voter.....

No major fraud
Nobody complained about their elections being fraudulent,
Nobody says that their elected officials are illegitimate.

You're just inventing risks that are not there.
So, you believe there is no risk of fraud with mass mail in voting? Or perhaps you think there is no more risk of voter fraud with mail in voting vs in person voting?

You suggest that people do not receive ballots in the mail that are not addressed to them? Or that are for someone who has moved? You also suggest that if someone does receive a ballot that does not belong to them that they will always do the right thing and dispose of that ballot or return it according to the laws? Or are you suggesting that there will be people who do commit voter fraud by illegally filling out a ballot that does not belong to them?

You suggest there is no problem with not having matching signatures or any way to verify ballots, even if they have wrong addresses, signatures that do not match or other irregularities? Or are you suggesting that those things do happen, but not in a significant amount?

My question is, if you agree that voter fraud is possible and does happen, then, what is an acceptable amount of voter fraud?

The only reason for the reprehensible right's unwarranted opposition to voting by mail is because they perceive it to be beneficial to Democrats - it's another manifestation of conservatives' efforts to suppress votes.
No, Republicans are not opposed to ballot by request, they are opposed to mass mail out ballots.

I agree that mass balloting probably does benefit democrats, but, it also opens the door to wide spread fraud. I mean, you can't believe that if a state decides to dump millions of ballots into the postal system with no real way to ensure that every ballot gets to the appropriate recipient, that it doesn't increase the risk that someone will vote illegally.

You know, there is a way to solve this whole problem. Let's just go back to the way the constitution says its supposed to be done. The constitution does not say that the people are allowed to vote for president, it says that state legislatures pick electors whom then vote for 2 people. The one with the most votes is potus, the one with the next most votes is vpotus.

This would certainly put a lot more emphasis on senate and house elections.

Five states mail out ballots to every registered voter in those states. Nobody has ever said their elections are invalid, improper, fraught with fraud, etc....
Yes they have. For years there have been experts expressing concerns over mass-mailing ballots.

Just because you have ignored the concerns repeatedly expressed does not mean they were not expressed.

Several states already send mail-in ballots to every active voter. There has been no evidence of fraud.
THOSE states require voters to REQUEST a (1) Mail-In ballot and those voters are sent one (1) mail-In Ballot. In this election we have signed affidavits by hundreds of Americans reporting election fraud, to include voters saying they were mailed MULTIPLE Mail-In ballots. 1 Voter reported receiving 18 (EIGHTEEN) Mail-In Ballots. Gee...and those states just happened to be the Swing States when the majority of election fraud has been reported / proven....

It is amazing how many people are willing to li to steal a election.
I know! You democrats need to stop that!

"Should mail-in balloting continue?"

Not in votes for national Washington, D.C. public servants who influence issues concerning all 50 states.

Recent videos of local precincts showed leaders of the local Democrat chairmen illegally scanning the same boxes of mailed ballots hidden under tablecloths before and after watchers were around making sure that all was fair. And they did it over and over and over in the dead of night.

That is high treason against each and every honest American voter and American armed forces worker wherever they are. And it sucks so bad I could just hurl.

You are full of crap. Mail in is THE most secure manner in which to conduct elections.
The 5 states that do it exclusively have the LOWEST instance of fraud.

Most secure election in history. Mail in ballot should become the new standard. Standing in line for hours to cast a ballot you could do from your house is stupid.

You don't see the difference between the established Absentee Voting and Mail-In Voting? Mail-In voting is replete with risks compared to Absentee voting. In Absentee Voting, the voter initiates the request for a ballot, is more secure, and solves your issue of standing in line vs. voting from your house. Not stupid and more secure.

There is nothing wrong with voting by mail. As this election has indicated and as the courts have found ZERO sizable election fraud.

You keep glossing over the difference between the Absentee format and the risks identified with the ad-hoc Mail-In format instituted this year. Both are "vote by mail." Moving forward, I have identified the risks and am advocating that if voters want to vote by mail, they should request a ballot. This is how I did it myself this year. I requested a ballot, it was mailed to myself, I voted and sent it back. The ballots should not be based on registration lists. My argument is about risk reduction, no elimination of vote by mail.

You keep ignoring that five states have mailed ballots to every registered voter.....

No major fraud

So, you believe there is no risk of fraud with mass mail in voting? Or perhaps you think there is no more risk of voter fraud with mail in voting vs in person voting?

You suggest that people do not receive ballots in the mail that are not addressed to them? Or that are for someone who has moved? You also suggest that if someone does receive a ballot that does not belong to them that they will always do the right thing and dispose of that ballot or return it according to the laws? Or are you suggesting that there will be people who do commit voter fraud by illegally filling out a ballot that does not belong to them?

You suggest there is no problem with not having matching signatures or any way to verify ballots, even if they have wrong addresses, signatures that do not match or other irregularities? Or are you suggesting that those things do happen, but not in a significant amount?

My question is, if you agree that voter fraud is possible and does happen, then, what is an acceptable amount of voter fraud?
The dozens and dozens of elections in the five states that have nothing but mail in voting--they mail a ballot to each registered voter as far as I know--reveal very little fraud.. And in the history of USMB, I'm unaware of any opposition to the elections in these five states's results.

No method is full-proof.

The question of "fraud" is not a new one. What we should do, I think, is first try to make the process as sterile as possible with regular renewals of voter registration...lets say every 2 years, mandatory. Meaning that you have to haul your butt to the county clerk's office and sign the paperwork so there is a valid signature. You have to have your picture taken and are issued a voter ID card. I'd prefer it to be a federal voter ID card myself so there is no ambiguity about what is accepted and what isn't. Even after all that, there will still be fraud. What isn't acceptable is that Mr. Jones at 1234 Mainstreet gets a ballot either in person or mailed to him that doesn't have every office that affects him.

Yes, but not in it’s present form. Still need to provide for military, those working abroad, and shut ins. Signature verifications between the request and returned ballot. If not received before polls open, sorry, it’s not counted. All mail ins counted and figures released at closure of the polls.

No major fraud

The dozens and dozens of elections in the five states that have nothing but mail in voting--they mail a ballot to each registered voter as far as I know--reveal very little fraud.. And in the history of USMB, I'm unaware of any opposition to the elections in these five states's results.

No method is full-proof.

The question of "fraud" is not a new one. What we should do, I think, is first try to make the process as sterile as possible with regular renewals of voter registration...lets say every 2 years, mandatory. Meaning that you have to haul your butt to the county clerk's office and sign the paperwork so there is a valid signature. You have to have your picture taken and are issued a voter ID card. I'd prefer it to be a federal voter ID card myself so there is no ambiguity about what is accepted and what isn't. Even after all that, there will still be fraud. What isn't acceptable is that Mr. Jones at 1234 Mainstreet gets a ballot either in person or mailed to him that doesn't have every office that affects him.

That is a good plan. Sterilizing is an appropriate term and would close many of the risk gaps. I especially like the concept of a Federal Voter picture ID and renewal process mandate for the voter. That helps keep the register list clean.

No major fraud

No method is full-proof.

Sure, I'm not opposed to making voting easier for everyone, but, I think we need to work out all the kinks BEFORE we implement something that radical, not try to work it out as we go along. I also don't think I will ever agree that mass ballot mail outs are ever going to be a good thing.

I think the argument that people are trying to engage is voter suppression is a incorrect. If you want to do mail in ballots, there would be no hindrance or undue burden to anyone requiring they have a ballot request submitted by a certain date and that your signature card be updated. Then, a ballot will be mailed to the requested address to the requested person and that person only.

Presidential elections only come once every 4 years, I dont think its too much to ask to have people come in and update their signature card in the months leading up to an election and to make sure their voter registration is all up to date. I also think the states should do voter roll purges every 2 years and ALL citizens will be amply notified that they need to make sure their voter information and address are up to date to avoid being purged.

Again, its not like this happens often enough to cause people undue burden. In order to make sure elections are accurate, fair, and to lessen the chances of fraud, this shouldn't be an issue. And I agree with you, everyone should obtain a free voter ID, photo ID.

Mail in ballots should continue but they need to be counted them as they arrive as opposed to on election day. That would hopefully avoid Trumpster-like stupidity and paranoia in the future.

Here is a term that could soon have an additional meaning in Webster's attempt to keep up with societal events: enacting additive algorithm.

This post is in reference to all elections: past, current, future.

Forum List

Back