Should Mail-In Balloting Continue?

The only reason for the reprehensible right's unwarranted opposition to voting by mail is because they perceive it to be beneficial to Democrats - it's another manifestation of conservatives' efforts to suppress votes.
No, Republicans are not opposed to ballot by request, they are opposed to mass mail out ballots.

I agree that mass balloting probably does benefit democrats, but, it also opens the door to wide spread fraud. I mean, you can't believe that if a state decides to dump millions of ballots into the postal system with no real way to ensure that every ballot gets to the appropriate recipient, that it doesn't increase the risk that someone will vote illegally.
I agree that mass sending of ballots can increase the chances for fraud. Many people will get ballots they shouldn't get.

It is Trump and Republicans who appeal to the lowest common denominator. They do well in states that are largely uneducated. Ohio is below the national average in terms of bachelor degrees so that nis a Republican state. Colorado is above the national average and it is a Democrat state. In Georgia, Biden won bexcause he got large numbers in suburban counties which tend to have more educated voters than the rural areas.

Trump and the garbage that make up his supporters are NOT good people. You people want to steal the election that Trump lost fair and square. people are willing to lie through their teeth to steal the 3election.

Alright educated busybody ... We have watched people testify to the fraud and corruption under oath and threat of perjury.
We have heard from people who worked at the polling places in questions, and from all kinds of different aspects of the process.

The only unsubstantiated claims at this point, are yours ... :thup:
You don't know what happened, haven't looked, and accepted what a fool with a network logo coffee mug, on the boob tube has told you as the truth.

What threat of perjury? Who's gonna prosecute them? They're only appearing in front of state legislatures and not under oath. A perfect example is Mellisa Carone who lied, claiming 30,000 ballots were counted twice. If that were true, there would have been 30,000 more votes than ballots and there weren't. Nothing's gonna happen to her.

What threat of perjury? Who's gonna prosecute them? They're only appearing in front of state legislatures and not under oath. A perfect example is Mellisa Carone who lied, claiming 30,000 ballots were counted twice. If that were true, there would have been 30,000 more votes than ballots and there weren't. Nothing's gonna happen to her.

To prosecute them for perjury would require an investigation that isn't going to happen.
To prosecute them would require providing the evidence they found during the investigation in a court.

No one is going to prosecute them, and you can bet on that.

Your opinion means nothing, because you have nothing to base it on.
You weren't there, you didn't investigate anything, and you haven't given sworn testimony to the nothing that you don't know ... :thup:

Count me in !
6385dfb62d66b0eb9f54a24135103630.jpg

To prosecute them for perjury would require an investigation that isn't going to happen.
To prosecute them would require providing the evidence they found during the investigation in a court.

No one is going to prosecute them, and you can bet on that.

Your opinion means nothing, because you have nothing to base it on.
You weren't there, you didn't investigate anything, and you haven't given sworn testimony to the nothing that you don't know ... :thup:

It's not my opinion. It's the state of Georgia's. Georgia recounted the entire state by hand. There were not more votes than ballots. That's what that Senator was telling her. Her claim could only result in more votes than ballots. Her claim is not credible.

It's not my opinion. It's the state of Georgia's. Georgia recounted the entire state by hand. There were not more votes than ballots. That's what that Senator was telling her. Her claim could only result in more votes than ballots. Her claim is not credible.

I wasn't even talking about Georgia ... But

If the accusation in Georgia is that a person pulled a bin of illegitimate ballots out from under the table (as shown in the security footage) ...
Then it wouldn't make a difference if you counted the same fake ballots with a machine or by hand ... It would still be the same number.

If the accusation in Georgia is that a person pulled a bin of illegitimate ballots out from under the table (as shown in the security footage) ...
Then it wouldn't make a difference if you counted the same fake ballots with a machine or by hand ... It would still be the same number.
That's my mistake, I was thinking about Georgia as that was the last hearing I watched. Still, Michigan does not show more votes than ballots.

As far as Georgia, while that video dies appear highly suspect, the problem with presenting such evidence in front of a state legislature as opposed to a courtroom, is that there is no cross examination. We only get one side if the story. Just like the witnesses can say whatever they want. Unless that video is presented in court, despite how bad it looks, I don't think it should be considered by the legislature.

That's my mistake, I was thinking about Georgia as that was the last hearing I watched. Still, Michigan does not show more votes than ballots.

As far as Georgia, while that video dies appear highly suspect, the problem with presenting such evidence in front of a state legislature as opposed to a courtroom, is that there is no cross examination. We only get one side if the story. Just like the witnesses can say whatever they want. Unless that video is presented in court, despite how bad it looks, I don't think it should be considered by the legislature.

That's why they are going back and looking at the logs in Michigan.
That's why they are talking about doing signature comparisons in Georgia.

Whether or not the video was presented in court doesn't change what you can see on the video.

Too many irregularities and inconsistencies came about in the 2020 Elections. The Trump ship has sailed and Biden will be the next President. But, as a voter, I don’t want to see Mail In Balloting return. It raises too much uncertainty an doubt.

Vote by mail should be conducted within the Absentee Ballot guidelines; not Mail In.

Most secure election in history. Mail in ballot should become the new standard. Standing in line for hours to cast a ballot you could do from your house is stupid.

You don't see the difference between the established Absentee Voting and Mail-In Voting? Mail-In voting is replete with risks compared to Absentee voting. In Absentee Voting, the voter initiates the request for a ballot, is more secure, and solves your issue of standing in line vs. voting from your house. Not stupid and more secure.

Five states mail out ballots to every registered voter in those states. Nobody has ever said their elections are invalid, improper, fraught with fraud, etc....

There is nothing wrong with voting by mail. As this election has indicated and as the courts have found ZERO sizable election fraud.

You keep glossing over the difference between the Absentee format and the risks identified with the ad-hoc Mail-In format instituted this year. Both are "vote by mail." Moving forward, I have identified the risks and am advocating that if voters want to vote by mail, they should request a ballot. This is how I did it myself this year. I requested a ballot, it was mailed to myself, I voted and sent it back. The ballots should not be based on registration lists. My argument is about risk reduction, no elimination of vote by mail.

You keep ignoring that five states have mailed ballots to every registered voter.....

No major fraud
Nobody complained about their elections being fraudulent,
Nobody says that their elected officials are illegitimate.

You're just inventing risks that are not there.
So, you believe there is no risk of fraud with mass mail in voting? Or perhaps you think there is no more risk of voter fraud with mail in voting vs in person voting?

You suggest that people do not receive ballots in the mail that are not addressed to them? Or that are for someone who has moved? You also suggest that if someone does receive a ballot that does not belong to them that they will always do the right thing and dispose of that ballot or return it according to the laws? Or are you suggesting that there will be people who do commit voter fraud by illegally filling out a ballot that does not belong to them?

You suggest there is no problem with not having matching signatures or any way to verify ballots, even if they have wrong addresses, signatures that do not match or other irregularities? Or are you suggesting that those things do happen, but not in a significant amount?

My question is, if you agree that voter fraud is possible and does happen, then, what is an acceptable amount of voter fraud?
The dozens and dozens of elections in the five states that have nothing but mail in voting--they mail a ballot to each registered voter as far as I know--reveal very little fraud.. And in the history of USMB, I'm unaware of any opposition to the elections in these five states's results.

No method is full-proof.

The question of "fraud" is not a new one. What we should do, I think, is first try to make the process as sterile as possible with regular renewals of voter registration...lets say every 2 years, mandatory. Meaning that you have to haul your butt to the county clerk's office and sign the paperwork so there is a valid signature. You have to have your picture taken and are issued a voter ID card. I'd prefer it to be a federal voter ID card myself so there is no ambiguity about what is accepted and what isn't. Even after all that, there will still be fraud. What isn't acceptable is that Mr. Jones at 1234 Mainstreet gets a ballot either in person or mailed to him that doesn't have every office that affects him.

That is a good plan. Sterilizing is an appropriate term and would close many of the risk gaps. I especially like the concept of a Federal Voter picture ID and renewal process mandate for the voter. That helps keep the register list clean.
==
The geometry is much larger. With the ID, if you're in Portland Maine on vacation or business or whatever... and live in Portland Oregon and there is an election for public officials in Portland Oregon and its inside of a month until that election...you go into the county clerk's office in Maine (any one), swipe your ID card, and your local ballot from Oregon comes up. You make your selections and go on about your business.

Federal law. Every public election has 30 days of early in-person voting; nationwide.

Just one of the ideas I have.

Mail in ballots should continue but they need to be counted them as they arrive as opposed to on election day. That would hopefully avoid Trumpster-like stupidity and paranoia in the future.
And it needs to be uniform in every jurisidction. Not this patchwork of Florida doing it as they come in, PA having to do it on election day only, or Michigan starting 48 hours.

Mail in ballots should continue but they need to be counted them as they arrive as opposed to on election day. That would hopefully avoid Trumpster-like stupidity and paranoia in the future.
And it needs to be uniform in every jurisidction. Not this patchwork of Florida doing it as they come in, PA having to do it on election day only, or Michigan starting 48 hours.
But Trump still won that election In a landslide.

But Trump still won that election In a landslide.
Nah, sorry. They didn't do audits, take every machine apart piece by piece, launch a full scale investigation into every signature, do background checks on every voter to make sure none were illegals, convicts, or other.

So your blob's election in 2016 and any state he won in 2020 is thrown out of court.

No election in history has been valid as a result.

That IS the standard you guys want for 2020...so we've never had a valid election. Sorry.

Too many irregularities and inconsistencies came about in the 2020 Elections. The Trump ship has sailed and Biden will be the next President. But, as a voter, I don’t want to see Mail In Balloting return. It raises too much uncertainty an doubt.

Vote by mail should be conducted within the Absentee Ballot guidelines; not Mail In.

Almost every western / free nation in the world has OUTLAWED / BANNED the process of Mail-In ballot voting for the EXACT criminal / election fraud reasons we saw and are still seeing revealed in this election. The other day an African nation Rep gave an interview in which he said countries of the world are laughing at and mocking the US for the DISASTER this last election was, about how Democrats allowed and counted truck-loads of ballots shipped from one state to another (NY-to-Pa), how DEAD people, out-of-state, and even voters whose residence listed were not even residents were counted... We and the obvious criminal debacle the world just saw are the laughing stock of 3rd-World nations....

....but Democrats and snowflakes LOVE it......

We are the laughing stock because people are amazed at how Trump can get away with what he is trying to pull.

You're amazed because the television channel your are watching is telling you what to think.
You haven't watched the people testifying, because they won't show that to you on CNN, MSNBC or whatever the heck it is you watch.

You're basically just talking out your ass, with nothing much to say ... :thup:

I am amazed because I am in my right mind unlike you fanatics. I see the same fanaticism that we saw for Hitler. You meaqn the perason testifying Biden got a extra 30,000 votes because ballots were scanned twice. Or was it 300,000. One Republican dared to point out facts. The number of votes counted were exactly the same as the ballots counted. Even Giuliani was trying to shush her.

The DOJ and FBI has seen no evidence of fraud so naturally they are in on a conspiracy. It includes Hugo Chavez who died in 2013. I have heard of dead people voting but never heard of a dead man orchestrating a massive conspiracy. We have also heard about North Korea and Venezuela. Officials and employees being threatened and sent nooses. This is a attempt to intimidate public officials and thexse people should be arrested and jailed.

Almost every western / free nation in the world has OUTLAWED / BANNED the process of Mail-In ballot voting for the EXACT criminal / election fraud reasons we saw and are still seeing revealed in this election. The other day an African nation Rep gave an interview in which he said countries of the world are laughing at and mocking the US for the DISASTER this last election was, about how Democrats allowed and counted truck-loads of ballots shipped from one state to another (NY-to-Pa), how DEAD people, out-of-state, and even voters whose residence listed were not even residents were counted... We and the obvious criminal debacle the world just saw are the laughing stock of 3rd-World nations....

We are the laughing stock because people are amazed at how Trump can get away with what he is trying to pull.

No, we are the laughing because we have such horrible voter security where signatures aren't validated in PA and people don't even need an ID to vote. That is ludicrous for a 1st world country. Most 3rd world countries are far more secure. Democrats want to maintain the status quo or even make it less secure. We all know why that is.

Our voter security is fine. There is no evidence signatures were not checked. The trouble with IDs is that they are about suppressing votes. We know what this is all about. Voter suppression because Republicans are no longer capable of moving beyond white males.

They know that they will never be prosecuted. If 10 people say it didn't happen and 1 says it did then why should we believe one person.

They'll never be prosecuted because to prosecute them it would have to go to court.
The last thing you nit-wits and your handlers would ever want to happen, is for this to end up in a court.

Play along you silly tool ... :auiqs.jpg:

You are the tool of fascist right wing extremists. They don't have any proof of what they are saying. These statements have been denied by the people counting the votes.

Too many irregularities and inconsistencies came about in the 2020 Elections. The Trump ship has sailed and Biden will be the next President. But, as a voter, I don’t want to see Mail In Balloting return. It raises too much uncertainty an doubt. Vote by mail should be conducted within the Absentee Ballot guidelines; not Mail In.
Too many? By whose count? There's no proof of extraordinary fraud because of mail-in balloting. As a matter of fact, it lead to the biggest turn-out in American history by absolute numbers. That's a good thing in my book.
We can learn from y'all and do it better. Remember that, you loons aren't that smart.

The only reason for the reprehensible right's unwarranted opposition to voting by mail is because they perceive it to be beneficial to Democrats - it's another manifestation of conservatives' efforts to suppress votes.
No, Republicans are not opposed to ballot by request, they are opposed to mass mail out ballots.

I agree that mass balloting probably does benefit democrats, but, it also opens the door to wide spread fraud. I mean, you can't believe that if a state decides to dump millions of ballots into the postal system with no real way to ensure that every ballot gets to the appropriate recipient, that it doesn't increase the risk that someone will vote illegally.

There is no evidence of that. There has been no evidence of massive fraud in any state that conducts their elections by mail.

No, we are the laughing because we have such horrible voter security where signatures aren't validated in PA and people don't even need an ID to vote. That is ludicrous for a 1st world country. Most 3rd world countries are far more secure. Democrats want to maintain the status quo or even make it less secure. We all know why that is.

Our voter security is fine. There is no evidence signatures were not checked. The trouble with IDs is that they are about suppressing votes. We know what this is all about. Voter suppression because Republicans are no longer capable of moving beyond white males.
I know, I learned from y'all. In the mid terms I can vote republican in all states!. Thank you for showing us how!

Several states already send mail-in ballots to every active voter. There has been no evidence of fraud.
THOSE states require voters to REQUEST a (1) Mail-In ballot and those voters are sent one (1) mail-In Ballot. In this election we have signed affidavits by hundreds of Americans reporting election fraud, to include voters saying they were mailed MULTIPLE Mail-In ballots. 1 Voter reported receiving 18 (EIGHTEEN) Mail-In Ballots. Gee...and those states just happened to be the Swing States when the majority of election fraud has been reported / proven....

It is amazing how many people are willing to li to steal a election.
I know! You democrats need to stop that!

You fascist Trump supporters are the ones doing it.

"Should mail-in balloting continue?"

Not in votes for national Washington, D.C. public servants who influence issues concerning all 50 states.

Recent videos of local precincts showed leaders of the local Democrat chairmen illegally scanning the same boxes of mailed ballots hidden under tablecloths before and after watchers were around making sure that all was fair. And they did it over and over and over in the dead of night.

That is high treason against each and every honest American voter and American armed forces worker wherever they are. And it sucks so bad I could just hurl.

Videos do not show that. Just more craziness. A Republican legislator in Georgia pointed out that if ballots were counted more than once then the names in the poll book and number of votes would be out of whack.

Forum List

Back