Should food handlers be required to wash their hands?

Here's an update from Fecal Fingers Tillis. Notice he has not changed his position.

Tillis Give Firms More Leeway on Sanitation Other Mandates - ABC News

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

Okay, one RW says it didn't happen.
Another says he was being "facetious".
And now, its part of The Great Liberal Conspiracy.

Next?
:lmao:

Sorry, but you aren't fooling anyone. :D You've been OUTED now. Lol. :lol:

Here's an update from Fecal Fingers Tillis. Notice he has not changed his position.

Tillis Give Firms More Leeway on Sanitation Other Mandates - ABC News

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

Okay, one RW says it didn't happen.
Another says he was being "facetious".
And now, its part of The Great Liberal Conspiracy.

Next?
:lmao:

Sorry, but you aren't fooling anyone. :D You've been OUTED now. Lol. :lol:

What are you talking about?

This is the subject of another thread. The whole thing was made up. Tillis never said any such thing.

It wasn't made up. Here is a link.....you can hear him saying it. Quit denying it.

Republican senator says restaurants should be able to opt-out of mandatory handwashing

What makes more sense? Making the restaurant post a sign saying their employees must wash hands after using bathroom, or mandating that the restaurant post a sign saying the restaurant doesn't care if their employees wash their hands? What ignorant restaurant owner would post the latter? Only a restaurant owned by a conservative, I'm sure.

This is the subject of another thread. The whole thing was made up. Tillis never said any such thing.

It wasn't made up. Here is a link.....you can hear him saying it. Quit denying it.

Republican senator says restaurants should be able to opt-out of mandatory handwashing

What makes more sense? Making the restaurant post a sign saying their employees must wash hands after using bathroom, or mandating that the restaurant post a sign saying the restaurant doesn't care if their employees wash their hands? What ignorant restaurant owner would post the latter? Only a restaurant owned by a conservative, I'm sure.
The problem is that the comments were meant for adult consumption, not liberals. He is saying that if a restaurant doesn't want to enforce a hand washing rule for employees they need to post a sign. That would be a death sentence for a restaurant so they will enforce the rule quicker and better than government could, so the market place will sort it out in short order.

It does highlight the difference between the left and right though. The liberal would create yet another federal agency with thousands of employees and bureaucracy running around the country inspecting hands, and taxing us to pay for it all when a simple solution would work.

The marketplace will take care of it.

How many people would patronize a restaurant that didn't require basic hygiene from their employees.

Liberals might, but that's only because they can't think for themselves and require instruction for even the most basic human activities

Tipsycatlover

You're not just a drunk. You're also an idiot.

Here's a choice for you. You can watch the video at the Washington Post or, if you prefer, watch it on c-span.

Senator says restaurant employees shouldn 8217 t be required to wash their hands - The Washington Post

Tillis hands Video C-SPAN.org
Now you did it. You gave indisputable evidence. That's one of the worst things you can do to a right winger. They will hate you for ever.

Republicans feel you should let the market place take care of regulations. For one, no one is going to admit their servers don't wash their hands. But it's even worse. There is a story of a woman who found something in her can of tuna.
screen-shot-2015-02-04-at-7-59-19-am.png

The Mystery Tuna Creature Is A Crab And Not A Tongue Eating Parasite

Does anyone really want their family to be the "first to discover"? Right wingers are so deluded they would intentional put their children at risk because of their wildly misplaced hatred of government. No wonder the entire rest of the world thinks they are crazy.

The problem is that the comments were meant for adult consumption, not liberals. He is saying that if a restaurant doesn't want to enforce a hand washing rule for employees they need to post a sign. That would be a death sentence for a restaurant so they will enforce the rule quicker and better than government could, so the market place will sort it out in short order.
But, that is idiotic. The government would have to "mandate" they post a sign that they don't care if their employees wash their hands because no sensible restaurant owner would post such a sign on their own, unless you're Tillis or some other conservative thinking that you are exercising good judgment.

It does highlight the difference between the left and right though. The liberal would create yet another federal agency with thousands of employees and bureaucracy running around the country inspecting hands, and taxing us to pay for it all when a simple solution would work.

Quit making up bullshit. The government doesn't go around checking restaurant employee's hands and we've had those signs for years. I guess conservative employees should go ahead and exercise their ignorant attitudes and not wash their hands.....nobody would know the difference and they would certainly have one over all the people because they are more concerned about their own personal rights even if it goes against society.

And, the one solution you are suggesting would work only if restaurant owners were stupid enough to post a sign saying they didn't care. I'm sure you would rather go to a restaurant where employees have the right to serve your food after they've gone to the bathroom, touched their genitals and didn't wash their hands....that's way more patriotic for you.

How many people would patronize a restaurant that didn't require basic hygiene from their employees.

Liberals might, but that's only because they can't think for themselves and require instruction for even the most basic human activities

You are really ignorant if you think any restaurant owner is going to be stupid enough to post a sign saying "We don't care if our employees wash their hands after they use the bathroom" - only ignorant conservatives can come up with such idiotic suggestions.

Republicans feel you should let the market place take care of regulations. For one, no one is going to admit their servers don't wash their hands. But it's even worse. There is a story of a woman who found something in her can of tuna.
screen-shot-2015-02-04-at-7-59-19-am.png

The Mystery Tuna Creature Is A Crab And Not A Tongue Eating Parasite

Does anyone really want their family to be the "first to discover"? Right wingers are so deluded they would intentional put their children at risk because of their wildly misplaced hatred of government. No wonder the entire rest of the world thinks they are crazy.

So the crab got by the FDA and all the other government regulations and departments. Huh, go figure

What's your fix Deany, that you have to get your weekly bread ration from the Government store?

Last edited:

You would, because you are ignorant enough to think that this is real freedom.

You are really ignorant if you think any restaurant owner is going to be stupid enough to post a sign saying "We don't care if our employees wash their hands after they use the bathroom" - only ignorant conservatives can come up with such idiotic suggestions.

That's not how it would work.

Liberal restaurants would maximize their profits by reheating yesterdays leftovers in toilet water and serving it as Today's Chef Specials.

Conservative restaurants would been known for their cleanliness, attention to detail and maniacal devotion to quality and customer service.

RE_100837_4d9733480e441_big.jpg

^ My favorite restaurant, Bravo Gianni (RIP)

That's why your economies always end in breadlines

bread17s.jpg

^ Progressive Mecca where government feeds you

Last edited:
But, that is idiotic. The government would have to "mandate" they post a sign that they don't care if their employees wash their hands because no sensible restaurant owner would post such a sign on their own, unless you're Tillis or some other conservative thinking that you are exercising good judgment.
Unlike yourself, of course. Yes, it would be a law, his point is that it would be far more effective and efficient to have that, as an example of how left wing loons think they can solve problems with more government. You clearly don't understand the point.

Quit making up bullshit. The government doesn't go around checking restaurant employee's hands and we've had those signs for years. I guess conservative employees should go ahead and exercise their ignorant attitudes and not wash their hands.....nobody would know the difference and they would certainly have one over all the people because they are more concerned about their own personal rights even if it goes against society.

And, the one solution you are suggesting would work only if restaurant owners were stupid enough to post a sign saying they didn't care. I'm sure you would rather go to a restaurant where employees have the right to serve your food after they've gone to the bathroom, touched their genitals and didn't wash their hands....that's way more patriotic for you.
I didn't say government checks hands. The signs were voluntary. No one suggested not washing hands. The point was that the marketplace would do it better than government. You got every point wrong.

Unlike yourself, of course. Yes, it would be a law, his point is that it would be far more effective and efficient to have that, as an example of how left wing loons think they can solve problems with more government. You clearly don't understand the point.

I didn't say government checks hands. The signs were voluntary. No one suggested not washing hands. The point was that the marketplace would do it better than government. You got every point wrong.
It is a state and local issue, bottom line.

Get the Feds out of our restrooms!!!!

; -)

Tipsycatlover

You're not just a drunk. You're also an idiot.

Here's a choice for you. You can watch the video at the Washington Post or, if you prefer, watch it on c-span.

Senator says restaurant employees shouldn 8217 t be required to wash their hands - The Washington Post

Tillis hands Video C-SPAN.org

Ok, I kind of half-way defended the guy yesterday or the day before and said (although I rarely defend a Rightie) that he claims he never said this stuff. Now I see the video and clearly he DID, which now means that Thom Tillis is also a fucking neanderthal liar who is not even smart enough to know that in this day and age of everything being videoed, he can't deny it.

This is just too rich.

Forum List

Back