Should food handlers be required to wash their hands?

This is the subject of another thread. The whole thing was made up. Tillis never said any such thing.

Tipsycatlover

You're not just a drunk. You're also an idiot.

Here's a choice for you. You can watch the video at the Washington Post or, if you prefer, watch it on c-span.

Senator says restaurant employees shouldn 8217 t be required to wash their hands - The Washington Post

Tillis hands Video C-SPAN.org

Ok, I kind of half-way defended the guy yesterday or the day before and said (although I rarely defend a Rightie) that he claims he never said this stuff. Now I see the video and clearly he DID, which now means that Thom Tillis is also a fucking neanderthal liar who is not even smart enough to know that in this day and age of everything being videoed, he can't deny it.

This is just too rich.
I am a Southerner.

When I piss in a public place, I kick the door open, and pee, and then go to my truck and use hand sanitizer.

I don't touch any thing in a public RR but my dick.

It is clean, and I know where it has been, and my momma taught me not to piss on my hands.

I cannot imagine the germs you would pick up washing your hands in a public rest room.

Of course, I am a bit OCD and carry little antibacterial hand wipes with me.

This is the subject of another thread. The whole thing was made up. Tillis never said any such thing.

Tipsycatlover

Here's a choice for you. You can watch the video at the Washington Post or, if you prefer, watch it on c-span.

Senator says restaurant employees shouldn 8217 t be required to wash their hands - The Washington Post

Ok, I kind of half-way defended the guy yesterday or the day before and said (although I rarely defend a Rightie) that he claims he never said this stuff. Now I see the video and clearly he DID, which now means that Thom Tillis is also a fucking neanderthal liar who is not even smart enough to know that in this day and age of everything being videoed, he can't deny it.

This is just too rich.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Tipsycatlover to come back and admit she was wrong.

Tipsycatlover

This is just too rich.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Tipsycatlover to come back and admit she was wrong.

Life is too short for such stuff...

Oh good, then when I am preparing your food you don't mind if I dig in my ass for a dingle berry...
Everyone should prepare his food with an extra helping of dangerous life threatening bacteria, for extra flavor by not washing their hands properly. He will probably die in hospital, but the customer is always right. ;)

Here's an update from Fecal Fingers Tillis. Notice he has not changed his position.

Tillis Give Firms More Leeway on Sanitation Other Mandates - ABC News

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

Okay, one RW says it didn't happen.
Another says he was being "facetious".
And now, its part of The Great Liberal Conspiracy.

Next?
:lmao:

Sorry, but you aren't fooling anyone. :D You've been OUTED now. Lol. :lol:

What are you talking about?

You were trying to make it seem as if he was saying that employees should NOT wash their hands, when that is not what he was saying at all. He was saying he feels no need to have the feds involved and that if a restaurant owner is to NOT require employees to wash their hands, then perhaps he should have a sign out that says so, and obviously nobody would eat there. Lol. He was being facetious.

Do they seriously need a freaking LAW to make them wash their hands?
I think the objection is to nanny state, not hand washing. Lefties don't believe the average food handler has the intelligence to wash his or her hands...and they don't think the average restaurant owner should have the authority to require them to as a condition of their employment. ONLY THE STATE IS ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

Lol. I'm assuming that here in Oregon we already have this stupid law, because there are stupid signs in every public restroom where food is served that says FOOD HANDLERS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK.

What a lot of money wasted on nothing except more leftist state involvement with what we do with our private parts, and how we manage them.

Why must it go past the local level? I believe that is the point. Why are the feds getting involved, when there are much more pressing matters at hand. Unless, of course, the dems hope to take away local and state sovereignty. No wonder our fed legislators never get anything of real value done. Perhaps this guy has the right idea-keep us out of it unless it can't be a local concern. The aybe they might actually get something done, as well as save us tax payers a few dollars.
When locals already have ordinances for such things, ojr local taxes pay to enforce it. Then to add state dollars to enforce what is already being enforced, and then add the feds into the mix? Does anyone not understand the waste of our hard earned dollars here? Not to mention the bureaucracy built into each layer, all working toward the same outcome and and waste of time spent in Congress on such matters.

I fully understand his point. And the business owners.

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

Next?

You were trying to make it seem as if he was saying that employees should NOT wash their hands, when that is not what he was saying at all. He was saying he feels no need to have the feds involved and that if a restaurant owner is to NOT require employees to wash their hands, then perhaps he should have a sign out that says so, and obviously nobody would eat there. Lol. He was being facetious.

No. He thinks that restaurant owners should not be required to force employees to wash their hands.

He was making a case for ZERO government regulations.......at the same time he was making a case for a signage regulation. Which,of course....he would be against as well.

That asshole wants business owners to have no regulations and he thinks the public will regulate with their wallets. He was not being fractious at all.

Here is the deal.....if people weren't so stupid as to not wash their hands before handling food....the wouldn't be a need for the regulation. But....they are. And there is. Businesses won't regulate themselves. That has been proven.

Next?

No. He thinks that restaurant owners should not be required to force employees to wash their hands.

He was making a case for ZERO government regulations.......at the same time he was making a case for a signage regulation. Which,of course....he would be against as well.

That asshole wants business owners to have no regulations and he thinks the public will regulate with their wallets. He was not being fractious at all.

Here is the deal.....if people weren't so stupid as to not wash their hands before handling food....the wouldn't be a need for the regulation. But....they are. And there is. Businesses won't regulate themselves. That has been proven.

That's not the gist I got from the little I've read about him, but if that's the case, I don't agree with that. The states have every right to make regulations regarding restaurants. That's kind of important considering we ingest their products. :D

I think the objection is to nanny state, not hand washing. Lefties don't believe the average food handler has the intelligence to wash his or her hands...and they don't think the average restaurant owner should have the authority to require them to as a condition of their employment. ONLY THE STATE IS ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

Lol. I'm assuming that here in Oregon we already have this stupid law, because there are stupid signs in every public restroom where food is served that says FOOD HANDLERS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK.

What a lot of money wasted on nothing except more leftist state involvement with what we do with our private parts, and how we manage them.

Unfortunately, a lot of people would probably NOT wash their hands because they just don't care.

Liberals can only function per government insturctions

This is about refusing to give any authority to business owners. They know the workers should be required to wash their hands, and they know that employers require it.

But they don't want the owners to have that authority. So they want to make it a FED requirement. Because the state must rule all! Only the state is allowed to tell you to wash your hands after wiping your ass.

Americans have become so weakened by liberalism, that we now require a federal law FORCING restaurant workers wash their hands after using the restroom. The great wonders of big government.

Reminds me of the stories in Britain where Muslim nurses do not have to wash their hands when attending to patients.

Americans have become so weakened by liberalism, that we now require a federal law FORCING restaurant workers wash their hands after using the restroom. The great wonders of big government.

In that case, you should be grateful for liberals.

Do you RWs also believe we should do away with the health department's inspections of restaurants?

Anyone here ever watch Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares?

This is about refusing to give any authority to business owners. They know the workers should be required to wash their hands, and they know that employers require it.

But they don't want the owners to have that authority. So they want to make it a FED requirement. Because the state must rule all! Only the state is allowed to tell you to wash your hands after wiping your ass.
Before the regulation, people didn't wash...I've seen it happens many times...

In that case, you should be grateful for liberals.

Do you RWs also believe we should do away with the health department's inspections of restaurants?

Anyone here ever watch Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares?
Yes....nasty how some people operate, most do not even think of cross contamination...

Reminds me of the stories in Britain where Muslim nurses do not have to wash their hands when attending to patients.
I worked with Iranians in the mid '70's at a large restaurant....they were smelly boogers...So we used ground pork on their meals when they ask for hamburger...

Seriously? We have warnings on coffee cups that the coffee is HOT. :lol: There are just a LOT of ignorant and not too bright people in the world. Then, you have the ones who simply don't care about anyone else. They wouldn't wash because they don't care if people get sick or not.

“I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that."

Why is this such a controversial position? If the government requires that a business post a sign (inform their customer patronage) that the servers do not wash their hands...the governments role in the transaction is over. Only really stupid people would visit a Starbucks which posted such a sign. These would be the people beyond even government attempts to help.

Forum List

Back