Should DC become a state and get 2 Senators and voting rights for residents?

Why or why not?

I say NO.

The remaining part of DC should be given BACK to Maryland...and then the residents have voting rights as Marylandins.

Virginia already got their piece back...now give MAryland back their piece.

By the way, the 3 westernmost counties in MAryland are trying to leave Maryland and join WEST VIRGINIA.

MAryland should love this...shed off a bunch of Red votes.

I believe that the people who live in DC should make that decision.

Not the congress.

Not some other state.

Not an anonymous person on a message board.

Seems to me if the people who lived in DC who wanted to live in Maryland or Virginia would move to those states if they honestly wanted to live there.

But then logic works doesn't it?

The problem is that not many people use logic.

Meanwhile, there are more people in DC than are in the entire state of Wyoming yet Wyoming has representation.

I say leave it up to the people of DC. They are the only people who should have a say in this.

So your solution is to essentially shrink the capitol from a city into a handful of buildings, all so you can create a new, very small state. Much easier and less divisive to just leave it a city and make the residents citizens of the local states.

The new state would make up most of what is now D.C. it's pretty simple to do relatively speaking, no amendment, no forcing states to do something the federal government doesn't have the power to do.

EDIT: The only amendment that would be needed is not in creating the new state but in removing the 3 EC votes the district now gets. I'm sure everyone would be in agreement about that.

The new state would make up most of what is now D.C. it's pretty simple to do relatively speaking, no amendment, no forcing states to do something the federal government doesn't have the power to do.

EDIT: The only amendment that would be needed is not in creating the new state but in removing the 3 EC votes the district now gets. I'm sure everyone would be in agreement about that.
It isn';t going to happen, douchebag. The Dims won't be getting two free senators.

End of story.

Two whole what? Thank you.

Which has zip to do with statehood requirements.

So? They have been separated for over 200 years. They are completely different entities.

Why? What does the size of New York City have to do with anything?

I have no control over the senators elected by a proposed new state at sometime in the future (eventually it's going to happen). However, not wanting those senators simply because you don't agree with the people who elected them is no reason to deny statehood so why even bring it up?

I'm not concerned with an "arms race" but equal representation.

Or they can stay and fight for the same rights others take for granted.

Equal representation would be fulfilled by rejoining a state...

What you're askuing for is self determination not representation

And don't fucking respond like that you autistic ****

A small child could shoot down these arguments. And again republicans would just add more states if you did this. Pointless

It isn';t going to happen, douchebag. The Dims won't be getting two free senators.

End of story.

Remember when I said you're not the authority?

Anyway, they would be the citizens' of D.C. senators and you haven't provided a single valid reason, legal or otherwise that they shouldn't have the same level of representation as a state like Wyoming has.

Equal representation would be fulfilled by rejoining a state...

Once again, you can't force a state to change it's boundaries and there is little interest in Maryland, D.C. or Virginia to form a larger state.

What you're askuing for is self determination not representation

No, representation.

And don't fucking respond like that you autistic ****

A small child could shoot down these arguments.

Since you're failing I guess that doesn't say much for yourself.

And again republicans would just add more states if you did this. Pointless
Ok, let's go with that. From where? Is there a population of conservatives who aren't represented in Congress?

Remember when I said you're not the authority?

Anyway, they would be the citizens' of D.C. senators and you haven't provided a single valid reason, legal or otherwise that they shouldn't have the same level of representation as a state like Wyoming has.
You don't need to be an authority on anything to know that no Republican Senator would vote for it, not will most of the senators from states with a small population.

Anyone with a brain understands that getting two more Dim senators is your only motivation. They can all see that you're a douchebag.

You don't need to be an authority on anything to know that no Republican Senator would vote for it, not will most of the senators from states with a small population.

No doubt. They don't care about equal representation. Anyway, it's not happening this year or next.

Anyone with a brain understands that getting two more Dim senators is your only motivation. They can all see that you're a douchebag.

It's actually not. I'm more interested in equal representation otherwise I would be pushing for California to divide.

No doubt. They don't care about equal representation. Anyway, it's not happening this year or next.

It's actually not. I'm more interested in equal representation otherwise I would be pushing for California to divide.
You don't care about equal representation either. You only care about getting two more Dim senators.

No one is fooled.

There is little interest in Congress to make D.C. a state.
Actually there is quite a bit. The House recently passed a history making vote for D.C. statehood. A plurality of Americans are for statehood and really the only thing holding it up are the Republican senators with a leg up from any potential filibuster.

Relax though, it's not happening now, but it will eventually come to pass. And you'll be just fine.

You don't care about equal representation either. You only care about getting two more Dim senators.

No one is fooled.
No, I'm for equal representation. I don't see how any American would be against it.

Actually there is quite a bit. The House recently passed a history making vote for D.C. statehood. A plurality of Americans are for statehood and really the only thing holding it up are the Republican senators with a leg up from any potential filibuster.

Relax though, it's not happening now, but it will eventually come to pass. And you'll be just fine.
No, I won't be fine. Dims will destroy this country if they ever get a permanent majority. They are destroying it now.

No, I won't be fine. Dims will destroy this country if they ever get a permanent majority. They are destroying it now.
And nobody will have a permanent majority. You'll be fine, even with your victimhood snowflakey self.

Horseshit.
Is it so strange that an American would want other Americans to share the same amount of representation?

Why do you not want Americans to have equal representation? Since you seem to keep talking about balance of power and somehow think that means the rights of Americans needs to be adjusted for it.

And nobody will have a permanent majority. You'll be fine, even with your victimhood snowflakey self.
Everything Dims do is designed to give them a permanent majority. Power is what they want, and the ill do whatever it takes to get it.

We are all victims of the Dim lust for power. 9 months of rioting is a perfect example of that.

Is it so strange that an American would want other Americans to share the same amount of representation?

Why do you not want Americans to have equal representation? Since you seem to keep talking about balance of power and somehow think that means the rights of Americans needs to be adjusted for it.
Your lament is disingenuous. We all know that. All you care about is power. Aside from the partisans who want the Dims to have power, DC residents don't give a flying fuck about having representation, .

Everything Dims do is designed to give them a permanent majority. Power is what they want, and the ill do whatever it takes to get it.

We are all victims of the Dim lust for power. 9 months of rioting is a perfect example of that.

So, how at what point should you consider treating that concussion?

What is an actual valid reason that Americans should not have equal representation in Congress? Even when those citizens pay a lot in federal taxes.

So, how at what point should you consider treating that concussion?

What is an actual valid reason that Americans should not have equal representation in Congress? Even when those citizens pay a lot in federal taxes.

I'm not going to pretend that you actually believe the horseshit you are posting in here.

Forum List

Back