Should Conservative States Try To Secede? Again?

"Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has suggested that some American states could soon breakaway from the United States and declare independence. Speaking on his program, The Rush Limbaugh Show, on Wednesday, Limbaugh claimed that "there cannot be a peaceful coexistence" between liberal and conservative America, which he said had increasingly different cultures."

Well, its usually that time of year again; when conservatives opine about seceding and having second Civil Wars and such -- and it always seems to come right after another election loss because of how patriotic they are and all.....

Sounds more like white nationalist fascism talk to me -- where they talk about how there should be only one culture centered around a dominant race; headed by a dictatorial leader with forcible suppression to any opposition -- cool, have at it guys...and I guarantee you, within a matter of years, you will be wanting to secede from that because even that isn't culturally pure enough....Seems conservatives hate America when Americans forces it to live up to its ideas instead of paying it lip service thru empty symbolism and jingoism....

Actually, it was the liberals who seceded in the 1860's, not conservatives.
The level of stupid..is just breathtaking here! Calhoun and Clay..are rolling in their graves...laughing their bony asses off!

Slavery is a liberal idea, the GOP has always been against it. Remember that the basis of slavery is people telling other people what to do. If I'm told to wear a mask to go into Walmart, that's a form of slavery.

Modern political thinkers have compared the new lib ideas like Obamacare with Slavery.
Except..as you've been told, time and time again..the Democrats in 1860 were the conservative party..and The Republicans..the party of Lincoln..were the liberals.

As we all know..this has changed..if you believe otherwise you are stupid. If you know the truth..but choose to use a lie to troll..you are an idiot--either way~

Every time you post this you reveal your ignorance..and open youself up to ridicule...although..i guess you're used to that.

LOL!

When did the "Parties switch sides"? LOL Was FDR a Conservative? LBJ? LOL

Lunatic!

So Conservative supported slavery and Fascist democrats supporter individual liberty?

Really?

You're not well. Get Help ASAP

You need a history book Frank. Preferably several. I notice you had no rebuttal, just "get help", which is ironic.

At least you're done with the idea of showering with dogs though.

Neither FDR nor LBJ were what we'd call "conservatives". The crossfade began decades before that.
Why always so vague on the "Parties switching sides" fictional narrative? Now it's decades before FDR?? Was famous racist democrat Woodrow Wilson a "Conservative"?

It's your teachable moment and you Schruted it.

In any event the goofball you cheaters ran for President admitted putting together the words dog, shower and ankle into a story of why he now has to wear an ankle boot for the next few weeks.

Are you denying that as well?
What were the POLICIES of Re-Construction??

Were these CONSERVATIVE POLICIES or LIBERAL POLICIES??

There is a reason why you closet racists AVOID talking about POLICIES --- because you know it exposes either your ignorance or your willfulness to lie about easily proven facts

You're a loon. Tell the docs to increase your dosage!

Conservative = small government, freedom and liberty; Liberal = big government, little liberty.
Why do you keep avoiding the question...

What were the policies of Re-Construction??

If you don't know any, just say it......I am use to educating dumb asses like you who thinks their fragile feelings matter more than facts....

Abolishing slavery -- considered radical...
Establishing Freedman's Bureau -- not conservative
First Civil Rights Act Of 1866 (NOT 1965) -- not conservative...

In fact, republicans were often called Radical and too progressive because of the policies they pushed...and it was ALWAYS the conservatives who stood against these policies....which is why dic suckers like you have to keep lying about it -- because for morons like you, being wrong hurts, but admitting you were wrong hurts more
I see the problem, you're a Loon. You believe that Conservative support the democrat institution of slavery. That's why I gave you the sad face :(
So you still can't address policies...got it...

And you won't ever address policies...

Which also is just an admission that I am right, anyway....

"Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh has suggested that some American states could soon breakaway from the United States and declare independence. Speaking on his program, The Rush Limbaugh Show, on Wednesday, Limbaugh claimed that "there cannot be a peaceful coexistence" between liberal and conservative America, which he said had increasingly different cultures."

Well, its usually that time of year again; when conservatives opine about seceding and having second Civil Wars and such -- and it always seems to come right after another election loss because of how patriotic they are and all.....

Sounds more like white nationalist fascism talk to me -- where they talk about how there should be only one culture centered around a dominant race; headed by a dictatorial leader with forcible suppression to any opposition -- cool, have at it guys...and I guarantee you, within a matter of years, you will be wanting to secede from that because even that isn't culturally pure enough....Seems conservatives hate America when Americans forces it to live up to its ideas instead of paying it lip service thru empty symbolism and jingoism....

The level of stupid..is just breathtaking here! Calhoun and Clay..are rolling in their graves...laughing their bony asses off!

Slavery is a liberal idea, the GOP has always been against it. Remember that the basis of slavery is people telling other people what to do. If I'm told to wear a mask to go into Walmart, that's a form of slavery.

Modern political thinkers have compared the new lib ideas like Obamacare with Slavery.
Except..as you've been told, time and time again..the Democrats in 1860 were the conservative party..and The Republicans..the party of Lincoln..were the liberals.

As we all know..this has changed..if you believe otherwise you are stupid. If you know the truth..but choose to use a lie to troll..you are an idiot--either way~

Every time you post this you reveal your ignorance..and open youself up to ridicule...although..i guess you're used to that.

LOL!

Lunatic!

So Conservative supported slavery and Fascist democrats supporter individual liberty?

Really?

You need a history book Frank. Preferably several. I notice you had no rebuttal, just "get help", which is ironic.

Neither FDR nor LBJ were what we'd call "conservatives". The crossfade began decades before that.
Why always so vague on the "Parties switching sides" fictional narrative? Now it's decades before FDR?? Was famous racist democrat Woodrow Wilson a "Conservative"?

In any event the goofball you cheaters ran for President admitted putting together the words dog, shower and ankle into a story of why he now has to wear an ankle boot for the next few weeks.

There is a reason why you closet racists AVOID talking about POLICIES --- because you know it exposes either your ignorance or your willfulness to lie about easily proven facts

Conservative = small government, freedom and liberty; Liberal = big government, little liberty.

If you don't know any, just say it......I am use to educating dumb asses like you who thinks their fragile feelings matter more than facts....

In fact, republicans were often called Radical and too progressive because of the policies they pushed...and it was ALWAYS the conservatives who stood against these policies....which is why dic suckers like you have to keep lying about it -- because for morons like you, being wrong hurts, but admitting you were wrong hurts more
I see the problem, you're a Loon. You believe that Conservative support the democrat institution of slavery. That's why I gave you the sad face :(

You confused Conservative with democrat. Get right, then we'll talk

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

You're a loon.

Support of individual liberty and property rights is the very definition of American conservatism. You just proved that Republicans were conservatives during reconstruction, loon.

It will never work. The Constitution has always worked. So it is these leftist that need to have the fear of God put in them and that is not allowing them to burn, loot, rob and kill. 20 men with just the basic training would stop any rioting with in a few minutes.

Maybe.....................they would need automatic weapons, though. Belt-fed.

I don't know about just 20 men. The No. 2 problem with stopping riots is that there are so many people they overrun your position. No. 1 problem is that everybody is from the same basic people, country.

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

If there's any vagueness it's from you yahoos who keep trying to sell political party evolution as a "switch", as if somebody just shifted a car into reverse. That's deliberate ignorance and no it's not selling.

Get this through the density of your unwilling cranium: "Democrat" is not "Liberal" and "Republican" is not "conservative", NOR are they the reverse. Political parties: ideologies --- know the difference.

So no Virginia, there is no "switch". A "switch" is when Sweden declares that on September 3 1967 at 4:50am all driving will move from the left side of the road to the right side. Political parties don't "switch". They would never survive.

The poster you quoted is correct; in the mid-19th century the Republican Party housed the Liberals, the mere presence of their prime directive, Abolition of Slavery, makes that obvious. They were also the party of doing big things with (federal) government, a drive inherited from the Whigs which largely populated that party early on (e.g. Lincoln). The Democrats meanwhile were the party of DEcentralized government who advocated "states rights" --- in fact the primary reason James Buchanan (1857-1861) failed to quell the oncoming secessions that led to the Civil War, was because he didn't believe the Presidency had the authority to countermand it.

As with all political parties ideologies don't last long and soon fade away in favor of where all political parties go as they age --- self-perpetuation. After the Republicans suffered significant schism three-quarters of the way through the 19th century, it started taking on the interests of the wealthy, the corporations, the railroads, Wall Street, while the Democrats absorbed the Populist Party and gravitated toward the interests of minorities, of labor and immigrants. That's how it acquired Catholics and Jews and by FDR's time, African Americans in its constituents.

This wasn't a "switch". Nowhere in some dark room did agents of the two parties meet and negotiate that on September 3 at 4:50 in the morning they would suddenly swap rhetorics. It was a gradual co-evolution that took decades, beginning with, and exemplified by, the parties' POTUS candidates at the turn of that century, the two WIlliams McKinley and Jennings Bryan.

THAT is when, and how, the Republicans and Democrats of the mid-19th century found themselves afield from where they had been half a century earlier. You'll notice that in our own time the concept of "states rights" was invoked by name by Ronald Reagan, and before him by the even more conservative George Wallace. Follow the states rights bouncing ball.

Fer fuck's sake buy a history book, I don't get paid to edumacate you on these pages concerning shit you should know about your own country.

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

Slave owner democrats were Republicans at the start of the Civil War then the "Parties switched sides" during Reconstruction?????

Frank's got some ignorance left in his tank. Good god. :banghead:

NOBODY ANYWHERE EVER needed a political party to own slaves. TransAtlantic African slavery was practiced on this continent for three hundred years before there even was a Democratic Party -- organized by Martin van Buren, an abolitionist -- and for 250 years before there was a country here. Let alone the far greater number of African slaves imported into the Caribbean, central America and, as you well know, Brazil, NONE of which have ever had a "Democratic Party".

Only the terminally ignorant could waddle around this earth actually thinking that the planet is populated by "Republicans and Democrats" and always has been.

Holy SHIT.

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

FER FUX SAKE FRANK, George Wallace was a Democrat. Strom Thumond was a Democrat. Zell Miller was a Democrat. Billy Graham was a Democrat. "Conservative" and "Democrat" are not mutually exclusive.

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

If there's any vagueness it's from you yahoos who keep trying to sell political party evolution as a "switch", as if somebody just shifted a car into reverse. That's deliberate ignorance and no it's not selling.

Get this through the density of your unwilling cranium: "Democrat" is not "Liberal" and "Republican" is not "conservative", NOR are they the reverse. Political parties: ideologies --- know the difference.

So no Virginia, there is no "switch". A "switch" is when Sweden declares that on September 3 1967 at 4:50am all driving will move from the left side of the road to the right side. Political parties don't "switch". They would never survive.

The poster you quoted is correct; in the mid-19th century the Republican Party housed the Liberals, the mere presence of their prime directive, Abolition of Slavery, makes that obvious. They were also the party of doing big things with (federal) government, a drive inherited from the Whigs which largely populated that party early on (e.g. Lincoln). The Democrats meanwhile were the party of DEcentralized government who advocated "states rights" --- in fact the primary reason James Buchanan (1857-1861) failed to quell the oncoming secessions that led to the Civil War, was because he didn't believe the Presidency had the authority to countermand it.

As with all political parties ideologies don't last long and soon fade away in favor of where all political parties go as they age --- self-perpetuation. After the Republicans suffered significant schism three-quarters of the way through the 19th century, it started taking on the interests of the wealthy, the corporations, the railroads, Wall Street, while the Democrats absorbed the Populist Party and gravitated toward the interests of minorities, of labor and immigrants. That's how it acquired Catholics and Jews and by FDR's time, African Americans in its constituents.

This wasn't a "switch". Nowhere in some dark room did agents of the two parties meet and negotiate that on September 3 at 4:50 in the morning they would suddenly swap rhetorics. It was a gradual co-evolution that took decades, beginning with, and exemplified by, the parties' POTUS candidates at the turn of that century, the two WIlliams McKinley and Jennings Bryan.

THAT is when, and how, the Republicans and Democrats of the mid-19th century found themselves afield from where they had been half a century earlier. You'll notice that in our own time the concept of "states rights" was invoked by name by Ronald Reagan, and before him by the even more conservative George Wallace. Follow the states rights bouncing ball.

Fer fuck's sake buy a history book, I don't get paid to edumacate you on these pages concerning shit you should know about your own country.
Thank you.
It's pearls before swine, for the most part--but your precis was both cogent and correct.

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

Thank you.
It's pearls before swine, for the most part--but your precis was both cogent and correct.

I happen to know Frank has awesome tastes in music so I thought maybe he's worth the effort.

I'm Libertarian,

Hardly.

Libertarianism is based Rand, Rothbard, Browne, et al. That which is based on Chomsky, Chavez, and Castro is not libertarian. The Chomskitarians have no use for the ideal of John Galt, but Che Guevara is the voice of their ideals.

so don't care about those 2 wankers. Just knew it would be more fun if Trump lost and went on to melt down. He hasn't disappointed so far.

The wanker that just stole the election is going to end the Bill of Rights. Real Libertarians care about that. Chomskyites aren't really into that "liberty thing," social justice and redistribution of wealth are more what drive you.
Joe Biden barely knows what day it is, let alone end the Bill of Rights.

Do you think that Trump should declare Martial Law?
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:And you want to talk about others not "knowing what day it is?" "Martial law?" :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
I ask because my Trump supporting friends all want Trump to declare Martial Law.
You should be embarrassed for asking. On its face, the question is idiotic, because the idea isn't supported by any intelligent logic or information.

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

FER FUX SAKE FRANK, George Wallace was a Democrat. Strom Thumond was a Democrat. Zell Miller was a Democrat. Billy Graham was a Democrat. "Conservative" and "Democrat" are not mutually exclusive.

" If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en... would fall... on the same day."

Think about it

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

" If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en... would fall... on the same day."

Think about it

I am most elated that someone besides myself knows the proper spelling of Hallowe'en. :thup:

I'm Libertarian,

Hardly.

Libertarianism is based Rand, Rothbard, Browne, et al. That which is based on Chomsky, Chavez, and Castro is not libertarian. The Chomskitarians have no use for the ideal of John Galt, but Che Guevara is the voice of their ideals.

so don't care about those 2 wankers. Just knew it would be more fun if Trump lost and went on to melt down. He hasn't disappointed so far.

The wanker that just stole the election is going to end the Bill of Rights. Real Libertarians care about that. Chomskyites aren't really into that "liberty thing," social justice and redistribution of wealth are more what drive you.
Joe Biden barely knows what day it is, let alone end the Bill of Rights.

Do you think that Trump should declare Martial Law?
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:And you want to talk about others not "knowing what day it is?" "Martial law?" :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
I ask because my Trump supporting friends all want Trump to declare Martial Law.
You should be embarrassed for asking. On its face, the question is idiotic, because the idea isn't supported by any intelligent logic or information.
That's why Trump supporters want it to happen.

LOL!

Lunatic!

Really?

It's just the "big lie," Sluggo.

The democrats are a shameful party and have been from the start. From the first democrat, Andrew Jackson and his "Trail of Tears" to the latest democrat, Xi's man Biden with his massive election fraud, the history of democrats is a history of shame.

Vladimir Lenin, Hermann Goering, and Saul Alinsky all posited variations on the admonition to "blame your enemy for what you do." And this is the root of your big lie. You seek to cast your sin as guilt of the Republicans.

For instance, you blatantly lie that democrats sought decentralized government. Was the "Fugitive Slave Act" a decentralized move? Of course not, you're simply lying in an attempt to rewrite history. You pervert concepts and and language in service of your lie. Liberal? In the terms used today this means a Marxist, an authoritarian leftist, a collectivist totalitarian such as yourself and your shameful party. "Liberal" in 1860 was word not used. I defy you and your fellow perversionists of history to show contemporaneous publications showing the word used in regard to Republicans. You can't, it's a fabrication of the big lie. Were Republicans advocates of individual liberty? Certainly, then and now. Were democrats opposed to individual liberty? Obviously, then and now. That you would lie that the party which literally enslaved people were "champions of decentralized government" is jaw dropping, but that is a vital aspect of the big lie technique you employ.

You seek to make Republicans the party of Slavery and Jim Crow, but to do so requires that you tell a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously". And that is what you do, you're a democrat, you distort and pervert with malice.

The supreme court ruling has nothing to do with being lawless. And you are too weak and uninformed to prove the decision wrong or lawless. Who are you going to kill? Those people who you failed to make a lawless case against? LOl! dude, you are a sore, sour loser who has shown weakness by suggesting a gun should fix your grievances that have no legs. You really are a pathetic human being.

The Supreme Court didn't make a ruling.

The court hid in fear of leftist violence and allowed the utterly lawless left to go unchallenged.

Kim Jong Newsom in California is highly unpopular - no doubt he will declare an emergency due to drought before the 22' election to ensure he isn't booted from power. And why not? Governors and judges can change election law on a whim. Codified laws (that mean "written" for the democrats reading this) and constitutions mean nothing.

The threat of violence (and the very real violence of the democrats 9 month long Kristalnacht) is the only thing the court considered.

What the court ruled is there is no law other than violence. That the violence of the democrat Brown Shirts overrules the Constitution of the United States.

Patriots MUST accept this ruling for exactly what it is.
LOl! The court didn't need to hide in fear. It was such an embarrassing case for the supreme court to even hear, a court isn't that stupid to rule on a non-case. Get your fucking head out of the sand. What an embarrassment.

The court NEEDED to stand up for the rule of law and the Constitution - but failed to do so.

1608051656777.png

CrusaderFrank --- bastion of willful ignorance.
What we have here, is a failure of our government to listen to the dregs and deplorables. For most of the lives of the people in our nation today, this has been the case. At least a half century now. Believe it or not, many of them are not against the social justice rights. But there are questions of the extent as it is not equality now but dominance that is demanded. There is no way nations can remain formidable with what we are doing.

CrusaderFrank --- bastion of willful ignorance.
What we have here, is a failure of our government to listen to the dregs and deplorables. For most of the lives of the people in our nation today, this has been the case. At least a half century now. Believe it or not, many of them are not against the social justice rights. But there are questions of the extent as it is not equality now but dominance that is demanded. There is no way nations can remain formidable with what we are doing.

That's nice, dear.

It also has jack friggety fuck-all to do with either of the posts you just quoted.

Forum List

Back