Shorts & Hoodies Shouldn't Be Okay In Senate Chamber!

Who cares what they wear!

Just as long as they do their jobs.

They could have a pajama party day for all I care.
Really? You go with your wife to a $$$$ restaurant for their $500.00 each prix fixe dinners. You wouldn't blink an eye when your waiter comes to the table wearing just a speedo?

Really? You go with your wife to a $$$$ restaurant for their $500.00 each prix fixe dinners. You wouldn't blink an eye when your waiter comes to the table wearing just a speedo?

I've lived in Beach areas, so I'd be fine with service people wearing bathing suits. I'd prefer young waitresses in bikinis!

These Marxist clowns don't respect America... and this shows it for all of the nation to see....

Recently, the U.S. Senate Majority leader Chuck Schumer changed an operational rule of the U.S. Senate he declared that U.S. Senators would no longer be required to wear professional attire when in the U.S. Senate Chamber of the Capitol. Mostly everyone knows why Majority Leader Schumer changed the rule to accommodate the new Senator from Pennsylvania, John Fetterman, who regularly wears shorts and a hoodie, it is like his uniform. When I initially heard about the rule change I thought well that is nice Senator Fetterman had a stroke during the campaign season which caused him to have major problems communicating to and receiving communications from people very traumatic experience no doubt and after being sworn in as a Senator suffered a bout of clinical depression from his physical health problems and the stress of the new job of Senator and he wears shorts and a hoodie because it makes him feel comfortable it conveys that he is just a regular guy trying to make Washington work for regular people. I initially thought it is good the Senate is accommodating here that is an American virtue being considerate of others! But the more I thought about it is wrong it is another standard in America that is being lowered that has a negative effect that adds up to America being a lesser quality country than it used to be, it is contributing to the decline of America and this decline should break every good Americans heart! O I would be okay with the Senate rule being tweaked if need be meaning that if the Senate is holding a vote, a Senator if need be can be released from the mandate of wearing professional attire in the Senate Chamber so John could readily vote in his shorts and hoodie; however, that Senator cannot remain or linger in the chamber outside of the voting activity he or she must act in a reasonable manner to conduct the voting action, entering the chamber only for that purpose and when the voting action is complete then immediately leave the chamber.

Why is this issue important because a professional dress code seeks to and generally does move adherents to raise their performance and act in a professional, virtuous and good character manner. Most Judges in their courtroom require lawyers to wear a jacket and a tie for this reason even many businesses not so much any more but some still do require their male staff members to wear a dress shirt and a tie again for this reason. Why does this matter in the U.S. Senate because the Senate as well as the House of Representatives both Chambers don't act as quality and effective legislative bodies as they used to going back twenty or thirty years or more meaning the rank and file members that make up these bodies don't act as quality elected Representatives as they use to. I know the political parties are farther apart than they ever were but that should not stop individual Senators and House members from advocating compromises and common ground agreements that make things better. Twenty to thirty years ago you would never see U.S. Senators paralyzed as the American people see on their TVs a thousand plus migrants illegally cross our southern border on a daily basis. This reality of America in an important sense completely not in control of its border would have sent Senators acting like it was a five alarm fire in past generations, today largely ignored! It is a given that there is no viable comprehensive immigration reform legislation solution because the major parties are so far apart but it is so sad America doesn't have Senators today working on helpful agreements, agreements which reduce the number of migrants illegally crossing the border, every day the American people should see on C-Span Senators on the Senate floor Senators building and updating the American people on consensus agreements for how the Federal government will stem this crisis!

The Senate Chamber should be displaying demonstrative efforts on so many important matters for the country for one the fentanyl and the animal tranquilizer drug problem killing Americans in the tens of thousands per year and members of Congress are paralyzed to solve the problem. Homelessness in America, housing should not be so unstable in the greatest country in the world. There is so many problems in America where Senators are frankly acting inept and incompetent in solving these problems and even trying to solve these problems. America doesn't need the Senate leader to make the Senate less professional which Leader Schumer's decision did the country needs the Senate Leader to call rank and file Senators to raise their performance and be the professionals the American people need them to be!

Ok. When you are elected to the Senate wear a suit or whatever.

why is it unacceptable behavior?
It's unacceptable that only Senator's get to dress this way while everyone else has to wear a suit and tie. If I summoned to the Senate I have to get dressed up but the asshole who summoned me and is paid by me gets to wear gym shorts?

J6 was a protest over people who are willing to STEAL a presidential election.... and there were trouble makers under cover feds leading the charge....
Excuses and deflection fuckup.

Own it

You do with other sycophants and pee filled BVD friends

Excuses and deflection fuckup.

Own it

You do with other sycophants and pee filled BVD friends
Not owning anything... you own the inflation rate and the crime rate and the war in Ukraine which Biden doesn't want to end....

Not owning anything... you own the inflation rate and the crime rate and the war in Ukraine which Biden doesn't want to end....
Fucking hilarious

I own the current 3.7% inflation rate…

Do I also own the 2.4% second QTR GDP rate with the 3.5% unemployment rate.

Do I own the record number of people employed.

I have to know that you’re consistent.

Fucking hilarious

I own the current 3.7% inflation rate…

Do I also own the 2.4% second QTR GDP rate with the 3.5% unemployment rate.

Do I own the record number of people employed.

I have to know that you’re consistent.
All Joe did was nothing... the jobs came back after the economy was opened again.... a monkey could of had the same job numbers which really are not that great....
Gas at the pump is out of control... open borders with criminals and criminally insane people crossing into our nation.... Trump will round them up and send them home...
When the next terrorist attack happens you can own that too....

Come on ram

Answer the questions.

Put those maga balls where your posts are.

All Joe did was nothing... the jobs came back after the economy was opened again.... a monkey could of had the same job numbers which really are not that great....
Gas at the pump is out of control... open borders with criminals and criminally insane people crossing into our nation.... Trump will round them up and send them home...
When the next terrorist attack happens you can own that too....
I don’t need stupid maga canards.

Are more people employed now than were before the pandemic?

Is the unemployment number lower than what the former 1-term fuckup claimed as the greatest ever?

Why can’t you man up and answer the questions?

I don’t need stupid maga canards.

Are more people employed now than were before the pandemic?

Is the unemployment number lower than what the former 1-term fuckup claimed as the greatest ever?

Why can’t you man up and answer the questions?
Your boy is failing... Trump is leading Biden by 10 points...

Forum List

Back