Shortage on Aluminum? On Coins?

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
What is going on?

I went to the store and there are these signs.

Now we have shortages of aluminum and coins?

IMG_0223.jpeg
IMG_0227.jpeg

My buddy manages a liquor store and laments the fact that, when commercial customers go to the bank, they can only get two rolls of each denomination of coin. Shawn's store averages about $10K a day in sales.

I've got a three foot tall Tito's vodka bottle that I drop pennies in. I took it to his store the other day and we counted out $35 worth of pennies (the bottle was about half full). If that lasts him through the week he'll be lucky...

It sure takes us a lot more time to mass produce. In WW 2 we quickly turned commercial manufacturing plants into military hardware ones. We're talking cans here. Not military hardware. Maybe we should contract out with the Chinese.

My buddy manages a liquor store and laments the fact that, when commercial customers go to the bank, they can only get two rolls of each denomination of coin. Shawn's store averages about $10K a day in sales.

I've got a three foot tall Tito's vodka bottle that I drop pennies in. I took it to his store the other day and we counted out $35 worth of pennies (the bottle was about half full). If that lasts him through the week he'll be lucky...

What is causing this?

I've lived through shortages before but shortage on aluminum and coins?

That's a new one.

it's not an aluminum shortage, it's a manufacturing bottleneck. Can factories are at capacity

So it's the shutdown from virus that's causing the shortage?

I'm not a big soda drinker but I know a lot of people who are.

This is just sad.

What is causing this?

That's a new one.

My understanding is that, initially, the US Mint was shut down due to the pandemic. There are upwards of 30 million pennies minted every single day (over 1,000 per second). Shut down for a week and that's going to have an impact.

Shut down for two months?

It sure takes us a lot more time to mass produce. In WW 2 we quickly turned commercial manufacturing plants into military hardware ones. We're talking cans here. Not military hardware. Maybe we should contract out with the Chinese.
People can be retooled faster than robots. That's one of the problems with mechanization, if you want the robot to do something else you have to buy a new robot.

What is causing this?

That's a new one.
Remember recyclable bottles ? 5 cent...If the redneck didnt take them back the roads would be cleaned by_____________Trash guys turned in thousands and thousands of the. All beer bottles and 1 liter state rum bottles are all deposit bottles. Works like a champ. Fuck Aluminium. Gimme glass. OTOH those fine dual citizens would have them flying on a nightly basis

What is going on?

I went to the store and there are these signs.

Now we have shortages of aluminum and coins?

View attachment 365019View attachment 365020
ITS ALL A LIE!!!
the fed reserve is lying so they can convert to a cashless society,,,
That is what open source intel believes. There have been many other examples of nations using excuses to convert to cashless, but as of right now, no concrete evidence has emerged of such a plan. See the latest news release in the "Stay Informed" Thread.

I heard the coin shortage is based on the fact that the mint is shut down due to covid19.
That's as good an excuse as any. Next, the printing press. . . . :113:

. . . it's damn amazing what they consider. . . "essential workers." :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back