Shooting in Dublin, automatic weapons and pistols...but...but...gun control?

Concealed carry weapons don't lower crime rates, people lower crime rates

Link?
9nohQh4.jpg

You are right....people who carry guns lower the crime rate......perhaps your brain is maturing......
people who carry guns don't lower the crime rate, people lower the crime rate

So...when the criminal approaches...do they sprinkle pixie dust....or click their heels 3 times and wish to go home?

Or do they present their gun and drive off the attackers....

Which is more likely to work?

Guns don't increase the murder rate, people with guns increase the murder rate

Yes.....exactly.....criminals with guns increase the gun murder rate when good people are disarmed.....you are finally getting it....

And when normal, law abiding people are allowed to defend themselves with guns...the crime rate goes down....

Since more Americans now own and carry guns, and our crime rate has gone down, not up....and our gun murder rate has gone down, not up........

Link?
9nohQh4.jpg

And the full mental breakdown into childish behavior is now complete......when you debate a lefty, anti gun nut....and they finally can no longer deny reality, the truth or the facts.....they melt down to a simpler, child like state.......as you see here.....
The conversation stopped after you refused to answer what the murder rate in Ireland is. You started an OP depicting an incredibly rare occurrence in a country as evidence of an epidemic. And your solution was to flood the country with the tools the murderers used.

I'm still waiting for you to answer that by the way. And don't answer by arguing that their criminals are honorable and exceptional human beings like the last couple times.

Hmmmm...from October of last year....what does this article say about gun offenses...in the land that confiscated guns and has extreme gun control....what are their young gang members using more of......and you are wrong if you say Pixie Dust....

Police cuts blamed for 23% rise in youth gang offences in London

Figures seen by the Guardian from the Mayor’s Office for Policing And Crime(MOPAC) also show that knife crime with injury is up 14% in the past 12 months, while serious youth violence has increased by 8% in London.

There has also been a 16.5% increase in the number of firearms discharged in the capital compared with the previous 12 months.

The increases come after a period of several years where the number of offences has been falling.

“There has definitely been a worrying increase in violence,” said Tom Sackville, head of the gangs prevention unit at social enterprise Catch 22. “Set against a period where there has been a consistent reduction, it appears that we are reversing and going back to a picture we saw a few years ago.”

Hmmmm...from October of last year....what does this article say about gun offenses...in the land that confiscated guns and has extreme gun control....what are their young gang members using more of......and you are wrong if you say Pixie Dust....

Figures seen by the Guardian from the Mayor’s Office for Policing And Crime(MOPAC) also show that knife crime with injury is up 14% in the past 12 months, while serious youth violence has increased by 8% in London.

There has also been a 16.5% increase in the number of firearms discharged in the capital compared with the previous 12 months.

The increases come after a period of several years where the number of offences has been falling.

“There has definitely been a worrying increase in violence,” said Tom Sackville, head of the gangs prevention unit at social enterprise Catch 22. “Set against a period where there has been a consistent reduction, it appears that we are reversing and going back to a picture we saw a few years ago.”
Police were cut by 23% and that led to more gun violence? Must be because conservatives won the majority in the last election.

Link?
9nohQh4.jpg

And the full mental breakdown into childish behavior is now complete......when you debate a lefty, anti gun nut....and they finally can no longer deny reality, the truth or the facts.....they melt down to a simpler, child like state.......as you see here.....
The conversation stopped after you refused to answer what the murder rate in Ireland is. You started an OP depicting an incredibly rare occurrence in a country as evidence of an epidemic. And your solution was to flood the country with the tools the murderers used.

I'm still waiting for you to answer that by the way. And don't answer by arguing that their criminals are honorable and exceptional human beings like the last couple times.

Wrong...I never said it was an epidemic....please read more closely....I said and repeated saying it that the gun crime rate in Britain has always been lower than in the United States...before they confiscated their guns. Then, after they confiscated their guns, the gun crime rate spiked, and then returned to the original level.......having achieved nothing by confiscating their guns....I stated repeatedly that their gun crime rate has stayed the same.........

My solution is to allow normal, law abiding people who don't use guns to commit crimes to use guns to protect themselve from violent criminal attack....levels of violence at least 2 times as high as we have here...

Please read more carefully...

Police were cut by 23% and that led to more gun violence? Must be because conservatives won the majority in the last election.

They didn't change their gun laws.....and gun crime is up...isn't it? But normal British citizens aren't the ones increasing the gun crime rate are they....their criminals have decided to use guns more often...right?

Link?
9nohQh4.jpg

Wrong...I never said it was an epidemic....please read more closely....I said and repeated saying it that the gun crime rate in Britain has always been lower than in the United States...before they confiscated their guns. Then, after they confiscated their guns, the gun crime rate spiked, and then returned to the original level.......having achieved nothing by confiscating their guns....I stated repeatedly that their gun crime rate has stayed the same.........

My solution is to allow normal, law abiding people who don't use guns to commit crimes to use guns to protect themselve from violent criminal attack....levels of violence at least 2 times as high as we have here...

You still refuse to answer. Good grief.

And Dublin is not in Britain.

I told you I don't care what the murder rate is......my entire point is that gun control has nothing to do with it. Criminals get guns when they want them and use them when they decide to.......and gun control doesn't stop them.

And American teenage gang members who use facebook to create feuds and then shoot each other in revenge are not Irish or British criminals...but that too is changing....

I told you I don't care what the murder rate is......my entire point is that gun control has nothing to do with it. Criminals get guns when they want them and use them when they decide to.......and gun control doesn't stop them.

And American teenage gang members who use facebook to create feuds and then shoot each other in revenge are not Irish or British criminals...but that too is changing....
Ireland has one of the lowest murder rates on the planet, and you want to fix what isn't broken and flood the country with murder tools. Their murder rate, btw, is ~1.0 per 100,000.

Ireland has one of the lowest murder rates on the planet, and you want to fix what isn't broken and flood the country with murder tools. Their murder rate, btw, is ~1.0 per 100,000.

Normal gun owners don't shoot other people...so if they own and carry guns that will not affect the gun murder rate.

As we have shown, more Americans own guns, and now 13 million Americans carry guns for self defense, normal gun owners, and our gun murder rate has gone down, not up....and our crime rate has gone down, not up...

What you are saying is that guns cause crime...that they are slinking around places all by themselves and committing crimes.....now that is childish.....

Normal gun owners don't shoot other people...so if they own and carry guns that will not affect the gun murder rate.

As we have shown, more Americans own guns, and now 13 million Americans carry guns for self defense, normal gun owners, and our gun murder rate has gone down, not up....and our crime rate has gone down, not up...

What you are saying is that guns cause crime...that they are slinking around places all by themselves and committing crimes.....now that is childish.....

Guns were invented to kill things. It is reasonable to expect that if a country is flooded with guns, more things will be killed.

Guns were invented to kill things. It is reasonable to expect that if a country is flooded with guns, more things will be killed.

1) guns were invented to protect the user from attack and to provide food.

2) you are wrong

It is reasonable to expect that if a country is flooded with guns, more things will be killed.

Americans now own more guns and 13 million Americans, more than ever before, now carry guns for self defense and our gun murder rate and our over all crime rate has gone down, not up....

It is not reasonable to expect this....all evidence points to the opposite effect.....

Wrong....Britain is 2x as violent, has the same level of gun crime as they did before the gun confiscation and have fewer murders over all, not just gun murders.....so gun control has nothing to do with their gun murder rate......

They just don't murder as often...our criminals are younger and have less leadership....they are apparently inflamed by facebook posts and exact revenge on each other more often...over slights.....

In Japan.....they don't allow their minions to do that....making money is the most important thing...look it up...

Britain is twice as violent and has 1/5 the homicide rate... hmm... what factor is different between us? Hmm...

They don't just murder people for kicks....like our criminals do.
Because it's much harder for them to. And... why is that again?

Wrong again....

Getting a gun legally in Europe may be hard, but terrorists have little trouble

In contrast with the free-firing United States, Europe is generally seen as a haven from serious gun violence. Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned. Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.”
It's easy... but criminals don't do it. Wow! I could go become a criminal overlord in Europe right now by just ordering my underlings to use guns! Whoa, should I quit my day job and go do it?

Wow! I could go become a criminal overlord in Europe right now by just ordering my underlings to use guns! Whoa, should I quit my day job and go do it?

Well....they seem to be catching on to you idea in Britain........

From January, this year, 2016....

Gang conflict has sparked a big rise in violent crimes

Levels of violent crime, including murder, rape, gun and knife offences, recorded by police have risen sharply amid fears that gang members are more becoming ruthless in their attempts to keep control of their territory.

The number of people murdered in England and Wales increased by 14 per cent in the year to September and instances of attempted murder went up by 19 per cent, while knife crime rose by nine per cent and firearms offences by four per cent.

READ MORE
Police officers under investigation over ‘massaged’ crime

Forum List

Back