Shoot to kill or just injure?

yes, i have $1500 in my longarms and as much more in my 3 handguns, but I got 12k of school loans, used it to get an Asian nurse here, and now I get 20k per year (untaxed) from her. 10k per year of that is loans that she need never repay, so she's getting a GREAT deal. shes clearing 35k per year. in her home country, she mad 2k per year. and no, you can't live there on 2k per year (as "well" as a BUM in the street lives in the US) BS, lots of "non gun" people have no IDEA what racking a shotgun sounds like. and quite a few know that it means that you are dumb enough to have one rd less in your magazine.

Whether you have a round in the chamber depends on several things, like kids in the home. A small child won't be able to rack the action, but they can fumble with a safety and pull a trigger.

I have quite a bit of money tied up in firearms too. Not sure what the Asian nurse part has to do with anything.

A .22 long is nothing to sneeze at, especially with some of the special rounds that are out there.

Sure you can kill with it but shot placement becomes much more critical,and in a high stress situation you need every advantage you can get.

Like a ton of extra rounds because the bullets are smaller?

Had a buddy who carried this

Grendel P30 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

My .45 holds 16 rounds with one in the pipe.....I'm good.

yes, i have $1500 in my longarms and as much more in my 3 handguns, but I got 12k of school loans, used it to get an Asian nurse here, and now I get 20k per year (untaxed) from her. 10k per year of that is loans that she need never repay, so she's getting a GREAT deal. shes clearing 35k per year. in her home country, she mad 2k per year. and no, you can't live there on 2k per year (as "well" as a BUM in the street lives in the US) BS, lots of "non gun" people have no IDEA what racking a shotgun sounds like. and quite a few know that it means that you are dumb enough to have one rd less in your magazine.

My favorite AR is around 4grand with optics and my go to .45 is about 2grand with optics. I'd get the Osprey for it but I dont want to jump through the hoops.
They're both set up for the shit

the nurse thing is to show the guys (with no money) a way to get that money. If you sign kup for the easiest classes in your jr college, in may or January, not in August you get an extra 3.5k per year in loans and 1.5k of grants. If you go at it right, you can get 23k of loans and 7k of grants in just 12 months. getting the nurse here costs 10k, leaving another 10k for your gear and training, and assuring an income for 5 years while you teach yourself enough to be a gunsmith/bullet caster, reloader, and trainer. If you know what to do, you put maybe 600 hours into the classes, not bothering with the second January classes at all, and half timing the rest. They'll still give you full time loans for your first year. the APR is 7%, but you can easily pay it off with the money that she gives you.

if you get a dentist, she can hire on right away as an oral hygenist, $35 an hour, 70 k per year.

the nurse thing is to show the guys (with no money) a way to get that money. If you sign kup for the easiest classes in your jr college, in may or January, not in August you get an extra 3.5k per year in loans and 1.5k of grants. If you go at it right, you can get 23k of loans and 7k of grants in just 12 months. getting the nurse here costs 10k, leaving another 10k for your gear and training, and assuring an income for 5 years while you teach yourself enough to be a gunsmith/bullet caster, reloader, and trainer. If you know what to do, you put maybe 600 hours into the classes, not bothering with the second January classes at all, and half timing the rest. They'll still give you full time loans for your first year. the APR is 7%, but you can easily pay it off with the money that she gives you.

if you get a dentist, she can hire on right away as an oral hygenist, $35 an hour, 70 k per year.

I have my own money. I have about $9k tied up in firearms (not counting the ones I inherited). I'll support my own habits.

I am not bringing a woman over to this country so I can soak her for her paychecks.

Isnt the rule if you shoot a home invader you should shoot to kill not maim? Why is that? I know a couple reasons. What other reasons are there besides they might kill or sue you later? I'm thinking if I could kill or just wound an intruder I'd prefer not to have to kill them. And how do christians feel about this? How do you put aside thou shall not kill when you could have just shot them in the leg or balls.

Anybody who would ask this question doesn't understand shooting .... you shoot to kill, because you aren't good enough to shoot to injure. Damn few are ...

How do Christians feel about it? Damn good ... especially when the attacker is dead, and the family is safe.

The question not only shows a lack of understanding of shooting - but also, a lack of understanding of Christianity. I'll bet you didn't even know that the Catholic Church condones the death penalty, did you? I'll bet you didn't even know that the original commandment said 'thou shalt not murder" ... kinda changes your perspective, don't you think?

better take a set of earmuffs with you to fire that shotgun indoors. TRY it sometime, man, especialy at night, so you get the fkull effect of the flash, too. You'd better not miss the vitals and you'd better not have more than one enemy, or you'd better have ear protection. some outfit makes a sort of springy headband, letting you hang your earplugs around your neck, installing the plugs quickly whenever you wish.

I'd be willing to bet that any buddies the intruder had with him would be running away after hearing the 12 gauge go off.

Yeah, it is LOUD in an enclosed space. But it stops whatever you hit and doesn't over-penetrate walls.
Depends on the load, #4 buck will easily penetrate in a nice tight pattern up to about 7 feet away before it really starts spreading. Bird shot's the best, rock salt has a lasting effect........

Isnt the rule if you shoot a home invader you should shoot to kill not maim? Why is that? I know a couple reasons. What other reasons are there besides they might kill or sue you later? I'm thinking if I could kill or just wound an intruder I'd prefer not to have to kill them. And how do christians feel about this? How do you put aside thou shall not kill when you could have just shot them in the leg or balls.

Anybody who would ask this question doesn't understand shooting .... you shoot to kill, because you aren't good enough to shoot to injure. Damn few are ...

How do Christians feel about it? Damn good ... especially when the attacker is dead, and the family is safe.

The question not only shows a lack of understanding of shooting - but also, a lack of understanding of Christianity. I'll bet you didn't even know that the Catholic Church condones the death penalty, did you? I'll bet you didn't even know that the original commandment said 'thou shalt not murder" ... kinda changes your perspective, don't you think?
Weirdos

Weirdos

What is weird about him?

Weirdos

What is weird about him?
The whole religion thing. Its exhausting.

I recently was pointed out the difference between murder and kill. Now all I ever notice is how many other people dont. They say kill when they mean murder and visa versa. Pretty big important detail most people dont think that much about. Sometimes I wonder if that's on purpose.

Weirdos

What is weird about him?
The whole religion thing. Its exhausting.

I recently was pointed out the difference between murder and kill. Now all I ever notice is how many other people dont. They say kill when they mean murder and visa versa. Pretty big important detail most people dont think that much about. Sometimes I wonder if that's on purpose.

Taking a human life is never a good thing. Whether it is "kill" or "murder" doesn't change anything for the dead guy, or his family.

I think a large part of the difference is what we tell ourselves to feel ok about it. There are times when it is necessary for various reasons, like self defense.

you have no choice but to let lots of risky people pass within 7 yds of you, on the sidewalk, in cars as you walk or drive, in public buildings, all over the place. "stuff" starts at less than 5 yds, almost always and it gets lots closer, really fast, if you don't do something about it. I once had a guy with an upraised crescent wrench charge me from less than 4 yds. I did not back up, yet I was able to draw an (openly worn, in my waistband) 1911, cycle the slide, assume a weaver stance and yell "freeze" (and he did). He was still not within arm's reach, but if he'd taken one more step, I've have emptied the mag into his chest and he could see that. He knew me. Those who claim that 7 yds is it, are correct, tho, for the average guy with a holstered gun.

You were able to draw the weapon, cycle the action, and assume a weaver stance before the guy could cover 12 feet???

Must have been a slow guy with the wrench. :biggrin:

hello yall......okay the cops kill the dude with the knife.....and they never say how far away or how close the guy was to the cops when they opened fire.....

i continue to discuss this issue with hubby and son....both have the same answer....the minute i feel threatened is when i fire....so far i would have only killed the poor ups driver....

why would you WANT some pos walking around with scars to remind him of you? why would you want the pos to survive attacking you?

Shoot to stop. I was taught in the Military, and also in my CCW training....shoot center mass.

Shadow 355

you have no choice but to let lots of risky people pass within 7 yds of you, on the sidewalk, in cars as you walk or drive, in public buildings, all over the place. "stuff" starts at less than 5 yds, almost always and it gets lots closer, really fast, if you don't do something about it. I once had a guy with an upraised crescent wrench charge me from less than 4 yds. I did not back up, yet I was able to draw an (openly worn, in my waistband) 1911, cycle the slide, assume a weaver stance and yell "freeze" (and he did). He was still not within arm's reach, but if he'd taken one more step, I've have emptied the mag into his chest and he could see that. He knew me. Those who claim that 7 yds is it, are correct, tho, for the average guy with a holstered gun.

You were able to draw the weapon, cycle the action, and assume a weaver stance before the guy could cover 12 feet???

17 feet minimum distance is what they taught us and that's not a guarantee you'll be able to react in time to not get stabbed at least once before getting off a round with a holstered sidearm.

you can't live by that rule, as I have stated. You must let people get within touching distance of you every day and all day, basically. You are highly likely to need black belt levels of ability, just to "buy" enough time and space to bring your gun into play.

17 feet minimum distance is what they taught us and that's not a guarantee you'll be able to react in time to not get stabbed at least once before getting off a round with a holstered sidearm.

And 17 feet is for a holstered weapon that is ready to fire. Prison/con claims he drew, cycled the action on a 1911, assumed a shooting stance and yelled "freeze" before the guy was within arms reach. Arm's reach is around 3 feet. So the guy only had to move 9 feet. I find the whole scenario hard to believe.

Forum List

Back