Shocking...providing gov't sponsored healthcare to everyone

Maybe its time we only furnish health care based on science only to educated Americans, that would cut out wasting money on those that don't believe in science

Under my plan, normal educated Americans would receive health care at government expense just like what everyone receives in the counties with the highest quality health care systems. Christians and believers of other absurdities would automatically be placed on the Prayer Care Plan. This plan would not cost the government (or anyone else) anything at all. When believers got sick, they would pray for recovery. It's really that simple.This should be quite appealing to the large number of conservative Christians who oppose any step toward universal health care because it would save large sums of money. If they really believe in prayer, as they so often claim, then they would have nothing to worry about on the Prayer Care Plan. In fact, their health care should be better than that received by the rest of us!

Unfortunately
You know as well as I do that Christians are not going to be lining up for such a plan. They are not interested in opting out of their current health insurance or failing to seek medical treatment. The question is why. The seemingly inescapable answer is that most Christians do not believe what they so often claim to believe.

Maybe its time we only furnish health care based on science only to educated Americans, that would cut out wasting money on those that don't believe in science

Under my plan, normal educated Americans would receive health care at government expense just like what everyone receives in the counties with the highest quality health care systems. Christians and believers of other absurdities would automatically be placed on the Prayer Care Plan. This plan would not cost the government (or anyone else) anything at all. When believers got sick, they would pray for recovery. It's really that simple.This should be quite appealing to the large number of conservative Christians who oppose any step toward universal health care because it would save large sums of money. If they really believe in prayer, as they so often claim, then they would have nothing to worry about on the Prayer Care Plan. In fact, their health care should be better than that received by the rest of us!

Unfortunately
You know as well as I do that Christians are not going to be lining up for such a plan. They are not interested in opting out of their current health insurance or failing to seek medical treatment. The question is why. The seemingly inescapable answer is that most Christians do not believe what they so often claim to believe.

Does that mean all the money I've paid in taxes to subsidize your Obamacare premiums will be returned to me so that I can give it to the Church. Great. I'll go for that. When can I expect my check?

Unfortunately

Does that mean all the money I've paid in taxes to subsidize your Obamacare premiums will be returned to me so that I can give it to the Church. Great. I'll go for that. When can I expect my check?

The money will go for new mental institutions to house you people :eusa_whistle:

Unfortunately

You joke right? we were scammed out of BILLIONS and no accounting as to where it went. the same for that 900 billion dollar stimulus . But they promised to be the most Transparent administration EVA
he (Obama with his party of Democrats) duped many people

The ACA is better than the "system" (cough) we had before, but it's still a ridiculous pig of a law that retains the "system" (cough) of seven (7) different health care delivery/payment systems that don't directly coordinate with each other.

A complete expansion of the current Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplement system to all, instead of some absurd and arbitrary age 65 limit, would be the proper blending of public and private systems with no added coordination required.

But no, that would require open minds and cooperation from our "leaders" (cough), so it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe its time we only furnish health care based on science only to educated Americans, that would cut out wasting money on those that don't believe in science. This should be quite appealing to the large number of conservative Christians who oppose any step toward universal health care because it would save large sums of money...

Ah ... so only those you consider to be "normal" should be eligible for gov't sponsored healthcare. Got it.

...Unfortunately
You know as well as I do that Christians are not going to be lining up for such a plan. They are not interested in opting out of their current health insurance or failing to seek medical treatment. The question is why...

No, the question is what, as in what should be the gov'ts role in healthcare.
Do we make the choices (and pay for them) or do we allow gov't to do it for us.

The ACA is better than the "system" (cough) we had before, but it's still a ridiculous pig of a law that retains the "system" (cough) of seven (7) different health care delivery/payment systems that don't directly coordinate with each other.

A complete expansion of the current Medicare/Medicare Advantage/Medicare Supplement system to all, instead of some absurd and arbitrary age 65 limit, would be the proper blending of public and private systems with no added coordination required.

But no, that would require open minds and cooperation from our "leaders" (cough), so it ain't gonna happen.

and what taxes would you put on all the people to pay for that?
he raised Billions already with OscamCare most on the uninsured which is our children mostly.

Unfortunately,

I guess this topic wasn't going the way you wanted it to in the appropriate forum, so you started it again here.

Tennessee and Kentucky wanted those co-ops to fail. Can't expect primitive, backward states to care about their citizens.
The governor(TN) was trying to expand and he got outvoted. I wonder if that would have made it worse?

he raised Billions already with OscamCare most on the uninsured which is our children mostly.
You can prove that, of course.

Unfortunately,

I guess this topic wasn't going the way you wanted it to in the appropriate forum, so you started it again here.

Tennessee and Kentucky wanted those co-ops to fail. Can't expect primitive, backward states to care about their citizens.
The governor(TN) was trying to expand and he got outvoted. I wonder if that would have made it worse?
These states will eventually come begging to the feds...just as the same legislators in South Carolina who vetoed aid after Hurricane Sandy are now crying for help.

Add that to the long history of Red States = Taker States.

If business were not burdened with the direct and indirect costs of offering health insurance, if individuals were not burdened with the extra costs of paying for the health care of the uninsured, and since a majority of the health care costs in this country occur after age 65, I'm not too worried about that.

If your employer could give you a 12% raise (benefits usually cost them 15% to 20%), would you be willing to pay an extra 5% health care surcharge?

I'll betcha!

Unfortunately,

These states will eventually come begging to the feds...just as the same legislators in South Carolina who vetoed aid after Hurricane Sandy are now crying for help.

Red states are mostly Rural, right? But don't let the obvious get in your way.

Unfortunately,

That's the first time I've seen someone blame farm subsidies (they're usually sacrosanct), but the fact remains that the states that take more federal $ than they put in are always the first ones to bite the hand that feeds them.

Unfortunately

The money will go for new mental institutions to house you people :eusa_whistle:

Yes, I knew once you Liberals got your hands on other people's money you would never let go of it.

Unfortunately,

That's the first time I've seen someone blame farm subsidies (they're usually sacrosanct), but the fact remains that the states that take more federal $ than they put in are always the first ones to bite the hand that feeds them.
I support farmer welfare to a point. But the point is still there. They get ALOT. Which explains ALOT.

Can anyone actually use their Obamacare? I don't have it but from many reports the deductibles are so high no one can really afford to use it. What's the story on that?

Forum List

Back