she would likely never win a national primary as a Democrat

1stNickD

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2020

But please read why she opposes the filibuster both she and Mr.manchin have plainly expressed their views on everything, as the leftists cry that they don't know what the moderates want. Sinemas views are incredibly reasonable and she experesses the desire that we calm the acid filled partisanship that exists today. She is 100% correct in my opinion, and if she ever landed on a ticket for higher office I would strongly consider voting for her.

If the moderates and centirsts from both parties could ever get together and finance a run for higher office and for serious influence in one of the houses of congress we could turn this country back to its solid standing and footing while solving our most serious problems.

"In a floor speech on Thursday, the Arizona Democrat spoke of the disease of "bitter tribal partisanship" in American politics and stated her support for the John Lewis Voting Rights Act and the Freedom to Vote Act."

As it is now, I couldn't support anybody who would vote for this. I don't know if it's possible or constitutional to legislate some of what is in those bills, or if it's even the best thing for the country cuz I kinda think elections should be controlled by each state. It's not like there's a separate ballot for prez, it's all on one ballot and I do believe the federal gov't has no business getting involved in state matters. If the people in a state do not like the recent changes made to the election process, then they can and should vote out the state pols who are responsible for it and get changed as necessary. That's how it is supposed to work; the problem is that if the filibuster is gone then when the majority parties change then so will the election laws, and frankly we don't need that even if the Supreme Court says it's okay.

At this point, they need 60 votes to pass those voting bills and they ain't got that many. I do not believe the democrats will find a way around that requirement; they just aren't going to get 10 republicans to vote for that and Manchin and Sinema aren't going to let them change or abolish the filibuster. Make no mistake, if they do try some kind of a one-time, good-deal thing for an emergency, it will get abused and the filibuster will be useless. Some people think that is a good thing. They are wrong.

I don't think Sinema is ever going to be acceptable to the democrats after recent events. Ain't going to happen.

America is deeply divided by white libs who want to turn the country into california or communist china

and black libs who want us to be South Africa

Make no mistake, if they do try some kind of a one-time, good-deal thing for an emergency, it will get abused and the filibuster will be useless. Some people think that is a good thing. They are wrong.
If they ram such Federalization of state elections through in this manner, our elections will never be trusted again. The petty partisans will maintain power at the expense of the death of this nation. I think the fools are so power and money-obsessed that they've lost all perspective, OR they are working on an agenda that has nothing to do with the good of America.

MARK MY WORDS... if they kill the filibuster and change our electoral processes in this way, we will be at war with each other far more quickly than these fools can even grasp.

Sinema is crazy as an outhouse rat.
Does it ever even cross your mind that perhaps you could be wrong about this (or any other) issue? There is a very easy "thought-exercise" one can use to see if a political stance is good for our nation. When I was growing up they called it "walking a mile in the other guy's shoes".

Try it... imagine that Trump or someone very like him is president and the Republican party has exactly the same margin of control that the Democrats do today. Fewer than a 10-vote majority in the House and a dead-even split in the Senate where DeSantis can cast the deciding vote.

A Bill passes that would end legal abortion in all 50 states or that would demand a work requirement for ANY Federal assistance. Perhaps the new law would spend a trillion bucks on creating a solid wall for our entire southern border and would commission a couple of hundred thousand new troops to guard it.
In short, it would GUT funding for the most dearly held beliefs of your current party.

The Bill passes House and gets 50 Republican votes in the Senate and DeSantis votes yes and Trump signs it with that enormous grin he has.

Here's the exercise: HOW WOULD YOU REACT? Because I gotta tell ya... only a child would imagine that it's okay for THEM to create their own rules yet refuse to allow the same for others when everyone is supposed to be playing the same game...

Communist always bitch and moan and change the rules when they don't get their way. The Framers created the Republic in a way to prevent the TRYANNY OF A MAJORITY into the checks and balances. It WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE EASY TO PASS LAWS............Forcing Compromise........and they also WARNED us to never allow the Federal Gov't to have too much power.

How are representatives are chosen is NOT THE BUSINESS of the Federal Gov't. We in Alabama will decide how to elect our officials in FAIR HONEST ELECTIONS. You WILL SHOW YOUR ID TO VOTE..........And You will not be allowed to HARVEST THEM.

Someone has no right to tell us otherwise........nor do we decide for you..........Stay out of our affairs.........

Sinema is a hard leftist but can't represent with her true heart on this one and win reelection. This is a huge issue in Arizona.
I wrote her a short note of thanks yesterday. I'm not an Arizonan nor would I ever vote for her if she appeared on a ballot I could vote on, BUT she and Manchin have both handled themselves with aplomb and courage on this issue. Yeah, it's less about nobility and integrity than about political survival, but they seem willing to stand against a mob that is rushing to destroy any faith in our elections and I will always show appreciation for people who will stand against their own when it is the right thing to do.

I wrote her a short note of thanks yesterday. I'm not an Arizonan nor would I ever vote for her if she appeared on a ballot I could vote on, BUT she and Manchin have both handled themselves with aplomb and courage on this issue. Yeah, it's less about nobility and integrity than about political survival, but they seem willing to stand against a mob that is rushing to destroy any faith in our elections and I will always show appreciation for people who will stand against their own when it is the right thing to do.
Well, she said she'd stick to her guns on this one and so far she has.

But please read why she opposes the filibuster both she and Mr.manchin have plainly expressed their views on everything, as the leftists cry that they don't know what the moderates want. Sinemas views are incredibly reasonable and she experesses the desire that we calm the acid filled partisanship that exists today. She is 100% correct in my opinion, and if she ever landed on a ticket for higher office I would strongly consider voting for her.

If the moderates and centirsts from both parties could ever get together and finance a run for higher office and for serious influence in one of the houses of congress we could turn this country back to its solid standing and footing while solving our most serious problems.
Of topic but very important.

Boy does she have a set of knockers on her. Here girlfriends definitely stick out both ways

It is my belief that if the 17th Amendment was never ratified, we would be a much more common-sense nation. To many shills in office with many sticking around for many decades. With Progs it is all or nothing. And they even would use Prog Senators from small population states that may vote Repub as Senate leader many times to make them known.

Dude...what are you smoking?

The fact that Republicans love her ain't gonna win her any Democratic Party primaries

Yep. I'm torn. Getting rid of the fillibuster is an incendiary issue in these trying times. If successful, it could backfire on either party.
Well, many of the Democrats say that the GOP will do it anyway when they're back in, so the Dems may as well just do it now.

If that happens, they will have been right.

If they ram such Federalization of state elections through in this manner, our elections will never be trusted again. The petty partisans will maintain power at the expense of the death of this nation. I think the fools are so power and money-obsessed that they've lost all perspective, OR they are working on an agenda that has nothing to do with the good of America.

MARK MY WORDS... if they kill the filibuster and change our electoral processes in this way, we will be at war with each other far more quickly than these fools can even grasp.
I could easily see a change in the filibuster and packing the Supreme Court as a precursor to a civil war.

Well, many of the Democrats say that the GOP will do it anyway when they're back in, so the Dems may as well just do it now.

If that happens, they will have been right.
Much the same things were said during the Alito confirmation.

Republicans threatened to nuke the filibuster (for SC appointments) if Dems used it to block Alito. They buckled and in the end...when convenient...the GOP nuked it anyway

That lead to FOUR of nine SC Justices

Nuke it and get shit done.

Forum List

Back