Votes: 5 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
People who believe women who dress provocatively "ask" for it - then explain why babies are raped, old women, mentally retarded women, women in nursing homes who are bedridden. It has NOTHING to do with sex. It is power pure and simple. Men break into women's home at night, she never provoked him. my god, does leaving your car in the driveway "provoke" some asshole to steal it? Do people "provoke" a murderer to kill them? Usually it's the women who DO dress provocatively that are not raped -- it's the babies, old women, mentally retarded who are raped. A rapist want to think he's forcing you -- no fun if you are a willing participant.

Or if you wear a new pair of Jordans, does that "provoke" me to draw a fire arm on you and steal them, or take away your new Range Rover you worked so hard for?

If you put on a spandex cat suit and stroll in front of a bunch of construction workers, you got no grounds to be upset when they start cat calling.

Anyone dresses a certain way, certain things are assumed. You dress to call attention, you must want attention.

rape is always a crime, and the woman is always the victim, even if she was wearing 2 band aides and a cork

my husband is in construction......and it really doesnt take much to get cat called....its a construction site tradition....but i would admit you show up dress like a skank and then things could get interesting...unless one of the guys goes...shut the fuck up that's my wife lol

Do construction workers still do that? I walked by a couple construction projects with a lady friend of mine who was quite slutty and none of those guys really said anything.

Works both ways I guess -- If I saw some hunky guys with no shirts stroll by my place while I was working, I might give a few "calls" myself. LOL -- But that's not rape.

my husband is in construction......and it really doesnt take much to get cat called....its a construction site tradition....but i would admit you show up dress like a skank and then things could get interesting...unless one of the guys goes...shut the fuck up that's my wife lol

Do construction workers still do that? I walked by a couple construction projects with a lady friend of mine who was quite slutty and none of those guys really said anything.

Works both ways I guess -- If I saw some hunky guys with no shirts stroll by my place while I was working, I might give a few "calls" myself. LOL -- But that's not rape.

No its not, thats completely different imo.

People who believe women who dress provocatively "ask" for it - then explain why babies are raped, old women, mentally retarded women, women in nursing homes who are bedridden. It has NOTHING to do with sex. It is power pure and simple. Men break into women's home at night, she never provoked him. my god, does leaving your car in the driveway "provoke" some asshole to steal it? Do people "provoke" a murderer to kill them? Usually it's the women who DO dress provocatively that are not raped -- it's the babies, old women, mentally retarded who are raped. A rapist want to think he's forcing you -- no fun if you are a willing participant.

Rape was never mentioned in the OP. "Asking for it" was. The OP needs to define what they meant. No woman deserves to be raped for any reason. A woman who dresses "provocatively" does so to provoke a response, more than likely a sexual response.

It's like a robber blaming the bank for having money

Exactly my man.

But if the bank took stacks of money and threw it in the street outside of the bank.

And the people ran over and picked up the money.

Would you still call them bank robbers?

Yes they would. they would also be called morons who were asking for it, but it would still be bank robbery. Just because a woman dresses sexy does not mean she wants sex. If you are wearing a Rolex and I clobbered your head and stole it were you asking for me to steal it ?

Exactly my man.

But if the bank took stacks of money and threw it in the street outside of the bank.

In that situation the guys in the bank who threw out the money would be arrested, and the people who took the money would be expected to return it.

But they wouldn't be bank robbers.

Try an easier one. If a bank puts its money on the counter and leaves it there unguarded unaccompanied, who's fault is it if it gets stolen? Both parties. The bank would have then ENABLED the theft and in fact encouraged it.

In that situation the guys in the bank who threw out the money would be arrested, and the people who took the money would be expected to return it.

Try an easier one. If a bank puts its money on the counter and leaves it there unguarded unaccompanied, who's fault is it if it gets stolen? Both parties. The bank would have then ENABLED the theft and in fact encouraged it.

If it gets to the point where we also put blame on the victim because of their dress, we will become no different than Saudi Arabia where we force our women to cover in black sheets for their own good. This a human being here not dollar bills, we have to have self control, this is not the stone ages where we can clobber a woman we like over the head and take her into the bushes.

If it gets to the point where we also put blame on the victim because of their dress, we will become no different than Saudi Arabia where we force our women to cover in black sheets for their own good. This a human being here not dollar bills, we have to have self control, this is not the stone ages where we can clobber a woman we like over the head and take her into the bushes.

Personal responsibility remains. If a woman chooses to expose sexual parts of their body then they are culpable in the consequences. If a woman knowingly exposes her breasts or vagina in public and remain so exposed they are inviting crime to occur. And in fact are in violation of the law themselves.

Personal responsibility remains. If a woman chooses to expose sexual parts of their body then they are culpable in the consequences. If a woman knowingly exposes her breasts or vagina in public and remain so exposed they are inviting crime to occur. And in fact are in violation of the law themselves.

They may be violating public indecency laws sure, but that still doesn't mean they deserve to be raped.

They may be violating public indecency laws sure, but that still doesn't mean they deserve to be raped.

Deserved or not, they willingly chose to facilitate it and encourage it. They are partially responsible for the result.

So if I get lost while driving my schmancy car and end up in a seedy part of town . . I'm asking to be carjacked? Please.

Deserved or not, they willingly chose to facilitate it and encourage it. They are partially responsible for the result.

Bullshit.

A thief is still a thief.... They know they are taking something that does not belong to them.

Both parties are not responsible for the theirs actions. Only the thief is.

So what would you suggest? the victim take part of the charge along with the assailant? thats like if you get lost and end up in a bad part of town and get jacked for your car and Rolex, is that your fault as well?

Last edited:

So if I get lost while driving my schmancy car and end up in a seedy part of town . . I'm asking to be carjacked? Please.

Yes and according to this logic you will be partly to blame and faces charges yourself.

Yes and according to this logic you will be partly to blame and faces charges yourself.

That's just :cuckoo:

Provide a quote please, where I advocated charging women with a crime if they get raped. Or admit you are making shit up. Whether you like it or not certain actions do CAUSE certain reactions. And whether or not that responsibility is criminal or not is not the gest of this thread.

So what would you suggest? the victim take part of the charge along with the assailant? thats like if you get lost and end up in a bad part of town and get jacked for your car and Rolex, is that your fault as well?

I don't read RGS's comments like that. I read it as a comment that people have some personal responsibility. Dressing like a 10c hooker is not an excuse for rape, being too drunk to stand is not an excuse for rape.... but neither of these things are exactly smart behavior.

Rape is not about sex, it is about power and rage. It is not a sex act.

That is an extreme case, and you are right about the woman Bering her parts in public breaking the law. But chances are, she would be hauled off before it got that far. Now, for the sake of this argument, say you were a cop responding to a rape. The woman was wearing a mini skirt of the length popular thees days, and oh I guess a tube top that displayed cleavage. The incident was at a collage frat party. Was she asking for it ?

let me tell you a little story.....

I have a friend who dresses in the cloths of the day....She is a sexy girlie girl. She was brutally raped. He parents got to her in the ER...and were embarrassed... what will everyone think! They told her that it was all her fault becasue of the way she dressed. Guilted her into not pressing charges :eek:

She pulled charges because her parents were embarrassed. She pulled charges becasue her parents made her feel guilty that it was her fault because of the way she dressed.

Just think.... a rapist is out there waiting for the next girl..... and its all HER fault not his.

Sorry.... the only person responsible is the rapist.

Forum List

Back