• No

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
Have any date rape experiences, Mike?
Only one. Two big fat sisters tried to have their way with me but I got away.

ROFLMAO

Women use the topic of rape and abuse to manipulate. They get all emotional and raise their chins up in the air and go on about how rotten men are. They can dress like sluts, lead a man on, go to his place, get undressed and make out wildly with him, but then change their mind at the very instant he is starting to insert his penis. And if he continues, he's a rapist.

I call bullshit on that.

Yes, there is such a thing as rape. But there is also, quite clearly, such a thing as bringing trouble upon yourself. And maybe "no means no," but not when you've been saying "yes, yes, yes" all night long.

Have any date rape experiences, Mike?

ROFLMAO

Women use the topic of rape and abuse to manipulate. They get all emotional and raise their chins up in the air and go on about how rotten men are. They can dress like sluts, lead a man on, go to his place, get undressed and make out wildly with him, but then change their mind at the very instant he is starting to insert his penis. And if he continues, he's a rapist.

I call bullshit on that.

Yes, there is such a thing as rape. But there is also, quite clearly, such a thing as bringing trouble upon yourself. And maybe "no means no," but not when you've been saying "yes, yes, yes" all night long.

EVEN when you've been saying yes, yes yes.

Question: Are you male or female.

It's bad enough when guys say that women are asking for it, but when the women say that women are asking for it...

If, God forbid, you yourselves are ever raped, or you have a family member raped, will you still say the same thing? You won't know unless you ever go through it.

Clueless.

I have been raped, according to your definition. And I still say what I say. Because I put myself in harm's way. And my main regret is the anxiety and sadness I put my family through by getting involved with a man who mentally, sexually and physically abused me. They were worried about me...that is my main regret, that I made my family worry.

I also got myself in a situation once when I took a ride home from a bar with a stranger. Instead of driving me home he drove off in the woods. Luckily, I was able to fight him off and get away. My fault, my own stupid fault. Luckily, I learned from that.

In college, I was taking a shower in the women's showers at my dorm and a man came walking in. He exposed himself and made me touch his penis. My mind was working really fast, figuring how I would get out of this jam alive. Luckily, my roommate came into the shower room to ask me a question and scared him off. That one wasn't my fault.

Last edited:

ROFLMAO

I call bullshit on that.

EVEN when you've been saying yes, yes yes.

Question: Are you male or female.

Female, Betty. And as you can see from my post, above, my poor choices have resulted in some problems. But I take responsibility for my role in those incidents.

And I learned from my past, oh how I learned. If a man were to attack me now he'd be lucky if all he gets is a face full of pepper spray. Much more serious injuries are likely. : )

The first time a man attacked me violently, I was totally surprised at the power and speed with which it happened. Now I know. And now I'm ready. : )

Last edited:
Actually, there was a domestic altercation in my neighborhood last night. There was a lot of screaming going on, some woman kept shrieking incoherently at the top of her lungs. I just remember hearing a man's voice repeating over and over, "Let go of me! Let go of me!"

I've seen that many times, a woman attack a man, get ahold of his hair or whatever. And the man is expected to do what this guy was doing, just keep telling her to let go, not hit her or anything. In my book, he should be able to defend himself. But guy's are afraid to or they'll end up with a dometic violence charge.

I'm not a fan of my own gender, quite frankly. Manipulators.

Actually, there was a domestic altercation in my neighborhood last night. There was a lot of screaming going on, some woman kept shrieking incoherently at the top of her lungs. I just remember hearing a man's voice repeating over and over, "Let go of me! Let go of me!"

I've seen that many times, a woman attack a man, get ahold of his hair or whatever. And the man is expected to do what this guy was doing, just keep telling her to let go, not hit her or anything. In my book, he should be able to defend himself. But guy's are afraid to or they'll end up with a dometic violence charge.

Yeah.

It shows.

If a woman is dressed like a stripper and walking in the bad part of town at 3 AM

Anything that happens is definitely her fault. :doubt:

No, its the fault of her assailants.

The rapist alone is guilty of criminal conduct; however, both are guilty of terrible judgement. A woman who dresses provocatively cannot be blamed for the assault either legally or morally; however, a woman is a fool if she does not realize that the prospect of being raped dramatically increases if she is dressed as a stripper and walking in the bad part of town at 3 AM. A woman who knowingly exposes herself to increased risks of rape must accept that her conduct contributed to the rape regardless of who is legally at fault.

For example, suppose a friend of mine gave me a Rolex watch and a large gold bracelet and 2-carat diamond ring to wear for a few weeks while he was in the hospital. Then, with his expensive jewelry flashing, I went walking down the bad part of town at 3 AM and got robbed. I have done nothing illegal or immoral, but my friend would certainly blame me for what happened. He would blame me for the poor judgement that put his valuable property at such great risk.

One more example: There are five new cars parked on the same street, and one has the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked. A thief checks the four most expensive cars before finding the least expensive one with the unlocked doors and the key. He hops into that car and quickly drives away. The owner of the car did nothing illegal or immoral, however is he somehow at fault? Well, lets consider that the only difference between the cars which were not stolen and his car is that he left the doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition; therefore, it is his conduct which led to the theft. In my humble opinion he is to blame to the extent that his conduct presented an attractive opportunity for someone to commit an unlawful act against him.

There are different types and levels of blame and fault, some criminal, some not. A woman who is raped when she dresses like a stripper and goes strolling in the bad part of town at 3 PM is not legally or morally at fault, but she is not completely blameless either. Bad things often happen when people don't use common sense to stay out of trouble. Many people tend to ignore personal responsibility, but they do so at their peril.

I will give others the last word.

Wow, I see there are 269 posts about this already, no way in hell am I going to go back and read all that, but I will answer the poll question.
No.
No matter what a woman is wearing, she should never be looked at as "asking for it"

Exactly. Because contrary to everything we know and believe, rape is actually about beauty and sex, rather than power and control.

I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons that rape occurs.

As the prof says, taking personal responsibility for your own safety is important.
There are parts of some towns I wouldn't walk at night and some bars I wouldn't go into because I know that I would placing myself in danger needlessly.
If I got beaten up I might not have deserved it but I could have avoided it.

In my view rapists are the lowest form of human but, unfortunately, 'right and wrong' doesn't trump 'common sense' when it comes to staying safe.

I hope some of that makes sense.

I am a compassionate woman who has been raped. It's never deserved. It's never okay. It's never a good punishment.

I once was fascinated by a litter born to a cat who had never been outside her city apartment but whose kittens manifested efficient stalking behavior soon after weaning. Later I learned about primal memories which are aspects of certain essential survival and procreative actions and responses useful to a more primitive time but which remain permanently imprinted in the DNA. In fact there are behavioral anthropologists who believe the popularity of the movie, Jaws, which reflects our natural fear and hatred of sharks, is rooted in a vague primal memory from the time we lived in the sea.

What does all that have to do with this topic? Going back to the time of Homo Erectus, when human communication was limited to grunts and gestures, I think we can safely assume that when the procreative impulse came upon a human male he didn't set about to satisfy it by asking a cave-girl for a date and hoping for some action. Instead he followed what then was a perfectly natural urge and which today is known as forcible rape.

At some point in time, probably around the Neanderthal era, the human brain had evolved beyond the lesser animal stages and more civilized behaviors replaced our former habits. But certain primal memories have followed us through the ages and some behaviorists believe the fear, distrust and resentment of men (androphobia) which underlies the essential feminist attitude derives from a vague primal memory.

Today's feminist resents any man who does not manifest a feminine aspect. Today's radical feminist resents any man whose behavior in any way conforms with the dominant nature of the sexually oppressive male in her primal memory. Basically her resentment of men is rooted in the natural fact that men can rape women but women cannot rape men. She seeks to deny the fact that an act which today she regards as horrible, detestable and absolutely unforgiveable was once a perfectly natural, expedient and ordinary means of propagating the species.

It might have been acceptable then, Mike, but it's NOT acceptable now. We're somewhat advanced from those times and in civilized society we have little things like morals, manners, and laws, and violating them has consequences. So no, it is most definitely NOT OK to force yourself on a woman, and cite some "irresistible primal urge". Now yes, some women are "manhaters" and the best policy I have found, when I inadvertently dated one, was not to go out with her again. (I'm talking about the "all sex with men is rape" variety, here-those are best simply left alone entirely). Other than the crazies, I really don't think most women want "feminized" men-those who think they do, and actually find themselves one of those pathetic creatures, usually can't get rid of them soon enough. However, there's nothing "effeminate" about having the self-control and self-discipline to NOT force oneself on a non-consenting woman under ANY circumstances. Any REAL man should be man enough to manage THAT.

Well....here's a good test. You're partying with a woman,and she suggests going somewhere private. You suspect that she's had at least 6 Long Island Iced Teas (she's knee-walking by now I can assure you) and she's pulling you toward your car. You're going to look like a complete nerd, but ask her: "AJ, can you tell me what today's date is?" If her response is something like: "Oh, who cares?!? Let's go PARTY!" I promise you; nothing good is going to come out of this night.

Probably at the worst, your car is going to smell like the 15 ounces of liquor she's consumed in the last 2 hours, after she projectile vomits all over your dash. Grab yourself a trashbag and take her home. Leave it alone.

My point in saying all of this, is that an intoxicated person usually isn't oriented....and therefore unable to give consent. You may not be an inherently bad guy, but you might be exercising poor judgement.
And all a woman is guilty of at this point is making stupid decisions. The instant that someone decides to have sex with her after she's passed out....a crime has been committed.

This is crystal clear to me, and most others. I'm not sure why some struggle with this.

Agreed! And ladies, there is a corollary to this one for you: No man you really want, wants to have sex with you when you are sloshed. From a man's perspective, that's about as appealing as having sex with a drunk guy is to you. Get the picture? Do try to stay at least somewhat sober, and if you have had too many, ask someone, (preferably someone you know and trust), to simply take you home!

Yeah.

It shows.

Meeeooow.

Exactly. Because contrary to everything we know and believe, rape is actually about beauty and sex, rather than power and control.

I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons that rape occurs.

As the prof says, taking personal responsibility for your own safety is important.
There are parts of some towns I wouldn't walk at night and some bars I wouldn't go into because I know that I would placing myself in danger needlessly.
If I got beaten up I might not have deserved it but I could have avoided it.

In my view rapists are the lowest form of human but, unfortunately, 'right and wrong' doesn't trump 'common sense' when it comes to staying safe.

I hope some of that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense. It is better to avoid 100 fights than to win 100 fights. I learned that in karate class.

Forum List

Back