Share Your Recordings

So, suddenly I'm confused about copyrights. Posting a cover doesn't raise copyright issues, does it?

Technically it does since somebody else wrote it. But I wouldn't sweat it on a site like this. We're not selling it. On the other hand I wouldn't post original work, unless I had copyrighted it first.

They just put that line there to cover their ass legally.
Yea, that makes sense. The purpose here is definitely not commercial.

So, here's my tribute to Ben E. King (no tipping, please :biggrin:).

So, suddenly I'm confused about copyrights. Posting a cover doesn't raise copyright issues, does it?

Technically it does since somebody else wrote it. But I wouldn't sweat it on a site like this. We're not selling it. On the other hand I wouldn't post original work, unless I had copyrighted it first.

They just put that line there to cover their ass legally.
Yea, that makes sense. The purpose here is definitely not commercial.

So, here's my tribute to Ben E. King (no tipping, please :biggrin:).

Ha. I apparently did a vocal version of that one but it was way out of my range, sounds awful.

Are you doing all the instruments including drums?

Here's an original. I don't have a melody for it; I was happy just to slap together a tolerable chord progression - lol.

Ever wake up with a tune in your head, and it's not a melody you ever heard before?

I get those sometimes. I try to save them for later on a voice recorder. One time I had a really good one, a samba. I thought it was going places. I hummed it to my fellow Brazil-nut GF and she went "oh yeah. Fred Astaire". :ack-1:

It was probably her sicko sense of humor but that took the winds out of those sails....

Not drums; a drum machine. But yes, I record it all myself.

And how do you set up the multitracking?

I have a SoundForge program to do it digitally but also have a portable Zoom R8 that can be easier for a quickie especially away from home. That's how I did the "Let it Be Me" recording. Maybe all of them that I posted here.

I'm not a pro- or even much of a novice, but I started uploading to you tube a couple days ago- I started with a review on my new (as of last week) Washburn HG75SEG-0 - and now, I have a new/another hobby- you tube.
I do covers and originals-
I got my first guitar when I was 14, now I'm over 70 and still wearin jeans- that doesn't mean I've been playin since I was 14, I learned one song then went on hiatus, several times, for years at a time, then last year, a year ago this month, a buddy convinced me to get back into it- 9 guitars later, I'd say I'm into it, collecting at least. I call myself, playin at playin and I try to sing- some say I'm pretty good, others say nothing- LOL- my style is basic, cowboy chording and using my thumb, not a pick, because I like the mellow sound sitting on top of the guitar- I don't want to do just a voice because I look nothing like I sound and I don't want anyone to get jealous- o_O:rolleyes::auiqs.jpg:

Not drums; a drum machine. But yes, I record it all myself.

And how do you set up the multitracking?

I have a SoundForge program to do it digitally but also have a portable Zoom R8 that can be easier for a quickie especially away from home. That's how I did the "Let it Be Me" recording. Maybe all of them that I posted here.
No mixers or audio editing software or anything fancy like that. Just a looper.

I'm a simple man.

I'm not a pro- or even much of a novice, but I started uploading to you tube a couple days ago- I started with a review on my new (as of last week) Washburn HG75SEG-0 - and now, I have a new/another hobby- you tube.
I do covers and originals-
I got my first guitar when I was 14, now I'm over 70 and still wearin jeans- that doesn't mean I've been playin since I was 14, I learned one song then went on hiatus, several times, for years at a time, then last year, a year ago this month, a buddy convinced me to get back into it- 9 guitars later, I'd say I'm into it, collecting at least. I call myself, playin at playin and I try to sing- some say I'm pretty good, others say nothing- LOL- my style is basic, cowboy chording and using my thumb, not a pick, because I like the mellow sound sitting on top of the guitar- I don't want to do just a voice because I look nothing like I sound and I don't want anyone to get jealous- o_O:rolleyes::auiqs.jpg:
Post your YouTube videos.

I just started my channel last week, but, I'll post one- it's an original composition about a girl I had a crush on when I was 15- I wrote it last fall soon after a guy on a guitar message board posted a sketch he had made of a girl he dated a looong time ago and it hit my nostalgia button- the sketch looked nothing like the girl I wrote the song about, but, the whole situation and I guess confession, about a past crush/love inspired me to let it out, in song- the song is a true story, every word, though the present tense is in my head-

I don't post for fame or fortune, but posterity, honestly.

I just started my channel last week, but, I'll post one- it's an original composition about a girl I had a crush on when I was 15- I wrote it last fall soon after a guy on a guitar message board posted a sketch he had made of a girl he dated a looong time ago and it hit my nostalgia button- the sketch looked nothing like the girl I wrote the song about, but, the whole situation and I guess confession, about a past crush/love inspired me to let it out, in song- the song is a true story, every word, though the present tense is in my head-

I don't post for fame or fortune, but posterity, honestly.

Very nice.

This is just the audio of me warming up a little this morning on my Ibanez with no effects and one missing E string over a backing track in D Minor recorded on my phone from the laptop.

View attachment 471747
That's awesome. Backing tracks are the next best thing after sliced bread.
Thanks...I'm a late bloomer crash-coursing b4 arthritis creeps in ....I ordered a Boss GT1 3 weeks ago - still not here yet --but next time I'll do my own backing track with that.

2 minutes of metal riffs over a drum track at 110 bpm. ( same five string Ibanez:))
The second one is me tracking over the first one
--a little untidy and noisy....please forgive me ....last one until my new toys arrive and I have
6 strings again.

Last edited:
This is just the audio of me warming up a little this morning on my Ibanez with no effects and one missing E string over a backing track in D Minor recorded on my phone from the laptop.

View attachment 471747
That's awesome. Backing tracks are the next best thing after sliced bread.
Thanks...I'm a late bloomer crash-coursing b4 arthritis creeps in ....I ordered a Boss GT1 3 weeks ago - still not here yet --but next time I'll do my own backing track with that.
I used a few backing tracks on YouTube when I was learning the bass guitar. I like the ability to record layers even for one instrument. I'm not confident in my fingerpicking abilities, so I recorded over this one three or four times at Christmas time.

Forum List

Back