Shackeltons ship found after a century under ice.

I read this earlier today. Cool story and the condition is pretty amazing.

68041r.jpg

Amazing shape
I thought it would have been crushed by the ice

1646832321321.jpeg

Reading of Shackleton's epic odyssey, one wonders if we are still the same species as these heroic, incredibly brave mariners. Against these folks almost all modern Westerners are just pussies. Myself included.

Reading of Shackleton's epic odyssey, one wonders if we are still the same species as these heroic, incredibly brave mariners. Against these folks almost all modern Westerners are just pussies. Myself included.
People are no different. We walk in space. You deal with what is in front of you.

Indeed, Shackleton was 41 in 1915. The average age of his crew was 31. The oldest was 48.

I suspect there are plenty of men in that age range today that are every bit as tough and would show the same resolve under similar circumstances but you won't find them coming out of some ivy league institution like the effeminate pukes that work at cross purposes to shape our social lives.

If you compare what they endured FOR YEARS with today's SEAL training...THOSE guys might survive it, but they are a very select group.

Government funded exploration was the rage and there were plenty of poor experienced sailors who were willing to take the chance for a share in the spoils. No real evidence of the pensions awarded to the families.

From what I read as it sunk it was just crushed enough to make it unseaworthy, after it sunk there ain't no ice that far down.

Plus the hull was already ruptured on the surface, so it would not have had the issues with crushing that most ships have when they sink in deep waters.

A lot of people do not realize that a lot of the damage in deep waters is simply from the hull being crushed by pressure. That is why the front half of the Titanic is still largely intact, yet the rear half was largely crushed and shattered.

2016-06-29_new_22387165_I1.JPG

ken-marschall-rms-titanic:-stern-section,-discovered.jpg

We know what happened to Shackleton. I remember when the HMS Erubus was found 5 years ago. The loss of the Franklin expedition has never been solved.

Forum List

Back