Several Examples of Why 'Called' Elections are Meaningless

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
These races have all been reversed after being 'called' by the media.

1) Democrat Max Rose Concedes to Republican Nicole Malliotakis

Rep. Max Rose (D-NY) conceded the race for New York’s 11th Congressional District on Thursday, making Republican Nicole Malliotakis the district’s next congresswoman.
“As we continue to count every ballot and are on track to dramatically narrow the gap by tens of thousands of votes to a 4-5% margin, it is now clear that we will fall short of 50.1%. I have called to congratulate @NMalliotakis on her win and concede the #NY11 race,” Rose said in a statement on Thursday.

2) Connecticut GOP Lawmaker Discovered Winner After Race Called for Democrat

Connecticut GOP House Rep. Craig Fishbein was declared the loser in the race for his seat until a town clerk found an “error” had caused the race to be called for his Democrat opponent.
Wallingford town clerk Barbara Thompson said Tuesday her office discovered that votes had not been recorded in the state’s reporting system from Yalesville Elementary School, reported CT Mirror.

3) Al Gore was called the winner in Floriduh and George Bush challenged the count and got a recount that made him the winner.

“Here’s what we know: The chairman of the Federal Election Commission said there was fraud in this election, and when you take the mail-in ballots and balance them against the registry of people who changed their addresses, you see there are tens of thousands of people, 17,000 alone in Georgia who actually moved and then voted in the state that that they moved from,” he said. “You know, Reince mentioned these nursing home mystery votes coming in, and the state of Pennsylvania, more people over the age of 90, registered to vote in 2020 than in like the prior four years combined. I call it the Dorothy effect, this notion that there was an immediate interest and surge of voters over the age of 90 during a pandemic. We have yet to find one nursing home where these Democratic registrations were occurring in mass that seems to suggest that those ballots may have been turned in by someone other than the person they were addressed to.”

This is not over yet, and the Democrats and RINOs claiming that it is and Biden is the PResident Elect are either ignorant or liars, take your pick.

Last edited:
But the main reason why called elections (a tradition for decades) in 2020 are meaningless?
My guy lost. I'm angry because I think there was fraud (there wasn't).

So NOW, they are meaningless. :)

Dr Bugger is apparently a fucking moron, lol.

1605291398043.png

Last edited:

“Defendants systematically processed and counted ballots from voters whose name failed to appear in either the Qualified Voter File (QVF) or in the supplemental sheets. When a voter’s name could not be found, the election worker assigned the ballot to a random name already in the QVF to a person who had not voted,” the complaint reads.
“Defendants instructed election workers to not verify signatures on absentee ballots, to backdate absentee ballots, and to process such ballots regardless of their validity,” the complaint went on, adding another allegation that election workers were told “to process ballots that appeared after the election deadline and to falsely report that those ballots had been received prior to November 3, 2020 deadline.”
The lawsuit said ballots seemed to just keep appearing.
After election officials announced the last absentee ballots had been received, another batch of unsecured and unsealed ballots, without envelopes, arrived in trays at the TCF Center. There were tens of thousands of these absentee ballots, and apparently every ballot was counted and attributed only to Democratic candidates,” the complaint read.
“Unsecured ballots arrived at the TCF Center loading garage, not in sealed ballot boxes, without any chain of custody, and without envelopes.”
The complaint alleged that some ballots arrived in vehicles with out-of-state license plates, and that “t was observed that all of these new ballots were cast for Joe Biden.”

The complaint went on to claim that election workers “systematically used false information to process ballots, such as using incorrect or false birthdays. Many times, the election workers inserted new names into the QVF after the election and recorded these new voters as having a birthdate of 1/1/1900.”
Oversight was denied, according to the complaint.
“Defendant election officials and workers refused to record challenges to their processes and removed challengers from the site if they politely voiced a challenge. After poll challengers started discovering the fraud taking place at the TCF Center, Defendant election officials and workers locked credentialed challengers out of the counting room so they could not observe the process, during which time tens of thousands of ballots were processed,” the complaint read.
“Defendant election officials and workers allowed ballots to be duplicated by hand without allowing poll challengers to check if the duplication was accurate. In fact, election officials and workers repeatedly obstructed poll challengers from observing. Defendants permitted thousands of ballots to be filled out by hand and duplicated on site without oversight from poll challengers.”

Rep. Max Rose (D-NY) conceded the race for New York’s 11th Congressional District on Thursday, making Republican Nicole Malliotakis the district’s next congresswoman.
“As we continue to count every ballot and are on track to dramatically narrow the gap by tens of thousands of votes to a 4-5% margin, it is now clear that we will fall short of 50.1%. I have called to congratulate @NMalliotakis on her win and concede the #NY11 race,” Rose said in a statement on Thursday.

Connecticut GOP House Rep. Craig Fishbein was declared the loser in the race for his seat until a town clerk found an “error” had caused the race to be called for his Democrat opponent.
Wallingford town clerk Barbara Thompson said Tuesday her office discovered that votes had not been recorded in the state’s reporting system from Yalesville Elementary School, reported CT Mirror.

3) Al Gore was called the winner in Floriduh and George Bush challenged the count and got a recount that made him the winner.

“Here’s what we know: The chairman of the Federal Election Commission said there was fraud in this election, and when you take the mail-in ballots and balance them against the registry of people who changed their addresses, you see there are tens of thousands of people, 17,000 alone in Georgia who actually moved and then voted in the state that that they moved from,” he said. “You know, Reince mentioned these nursing home mystery votes coming in, and the state of Pennsylvania, more people over the age of 90, registered to vote in 2020 than in like the prior four years combined. I call it the Dorothy effect, this notion that there was an immediate interest and surge of voters over the age of 90 during a pandemic. We have yet to find one nursing home where these Democratic registrations were occurring in mass that seems to suggest that those ballots may have been turned in by someone other than the person they were addressed to.”

This is not over yet, and the Democrats and RINOs claiming that it is and Biden is the PResident Elect are either ignorant or liars, take your pick.
Did you have this much angst for 'called elections' when the media called the election for Trump at the end of the day in 2016?

But the main reason why called elections (a tradition for decades) in 2020 are meaningless?

It's always been meaningless. Just that if no one disputes it, no one disputes it. Elementary, I know, but it seems like we have to go back that way for some reason.

When it's disputed, no election is called until it's certified.

Trump lost.

BIGLY.

In fact the strongest repudiation of a sitting POTUS since 1932. And that was FDR cruising over Hoover's inability to deal with the Great Depression.
73million for is a strong repudiation?

Get the fuck out of here.

Biden got 5 million more votes than Trump.
Yeah, I'd call that pretty strong repudiation.

Rump is only the second POTUS ever, after the memorable Benjamin Harrison, to lose the popular vote TWICE.

A combined margin of over eight million votes, or roughly the population of the entire state of Virginia.

It's always been meaningless. Just that if no one disputes it, no one disputes it. Elementary, I know, but it seems like we have to go back that way for some reason.

When it's disputed, no election is called until it's certified.

ALL elections are called before they're certified.

1. I don’t see any evidence the media ever called this race. I don’t see that the article claimed it either.
2. This small local race for a state representative was t called by the media, it was called by the election board before they found their error.
3. a famous example after which the media substantially changed their level of certainty before calling races. Still, it was 20 years ago.

Forum List

Back