Several 2020 Democrats to skip AIPAC conference after call to boycott

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Several Democratic presidential candidates will skip the American Israel Public Affairs Committee's policy conference this year after a prominent progressive group called on them to boycott the event.

Sens. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., will all ditch the conference, the Associated Press reported, and a spokesman for former Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-Texas, told NBC News that he also will not attend.

Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, will not be going, The Jewish Week reported, and former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro also won't show, according to HuffPost.

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, who is considering running for president as an independent, will also skip the conference, the Associated Press reported.

Josh Orton, a policy director for Sanders, told NBC News that the senator is "concerned about the platform AIPAC is providing for leaders who have expressed bigotry and oppose a two-state solution.”

Sanders didn't attend the 2016 conference while he was running in the Democratic presidential primary, but addressed the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at length during a speech around the time of the event.

Several 2020 Democrats to skip AIPAC conference after call to boycott

No doubt this will help these candidates in the primaries since the far, far left has taken over the Party, but will it help them in the general election since according to Gallup, 71% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Israel and 62% favor Israel over the Palestinians (27%)?

Israel/Palestinians

Unbelievable. This just shows how whacky the Democratic field is and how bizarre the party's base has become. Believe me, Jews will take due notice of those candidates who do not attend.

Unbelievable. This just shows how whacky the Democratic field is and how bizarre the party's base has become. Believe me, Jews will take due notice of those candidates who do not attend.
Not just Jews. the overwhelming majority of Americans support Israel and Jews make up just a tiny part of this support.

Democrats are clearly choosing sides.

They're making this almost too easy.

I'm sure lots of people won't attend. I know I won't. You gonna start a thread about me not going?

Forum List

Back