Seventh Son

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
Seventh Son

Yea... This one was pretty bad.
icon_lol.gif

Jupiter Ascending was actually a bit better than I thought it'd be. This one was worse.

It was almost "Mystery Science Theater" level bad, in point of fact. The writing and directing were confused and choppy, the dialogue was stilted, half the characters were either pointless or made no damn sense, and the special effects were mediocre at best.

On the plus side, however, it didn't take its self too seriously, and there was just enough action, camp, and funny scenes to save the whole thing from being unwatchable. It basically just came off like a goofy SyFy original movie with a weirdly large budget and big name cast.
icon_lol.gif

Overall: 5 out of 10.

If you're really bored one afternoon and it happens to come on cable, it might be worth checking out. Apart from that, however, save your money.

Looks like crap. If we accept movie trailers show the scenes which tested best with test-audiences, then this one's gonna suck. :)

Seventh Son

Yea... This one was pretty bad.
icon_lol.gif

Jupiter Ascending was actually a bit better than I thought it'd be. This one was worse.

It was almost "Mystery Science Theater" level bad, in point of fact. The writing and directing were confused and choppy, the dialogue was stilted, half the characters were either pointless or made no damn sense, and the special effects were mediocre at best.

On the plus side, however, it didn't take its self too seriously, and there was just enough action, camp, and funny scenes to save the whole thing from being unwatchable. It basically just came off like a goofy SyFy original movie with a weirdly large budget and big name cast.
icon_lol.gif

Overall: 5 out of 10.

If you're really bored one afternoon and it happens to come on cable, it might be worth checking out. Apart from that, however, save your money.

This is pretty much what I expected from the previews......but I'm still holding out a little hope that whenever I do see it, I'll be surprised. :p

Forum List

Back