seven stats on climate change

I agree. That is the problem, and of course since they want that the other side has to claim nothing is happening at all.

The opposition is far more fragmented. Some say nothing is happening, others say natural variations override any man made changes. Still others say just engineer fixes to whatever changes happen.

Only one side is making the issue political as policy, the other side makes it political as a reaction.

And very little gets done to deal with the coming changes. And they are coming no matter what anyone says.

Changes like that happen on geological time, not human time. If Engineering needs to be done it will be done, if people need to move they will move.
Marty thinks our emissions has nothing to do with Global Warming. Marty is old & he'll be dead. Fuck his offspring.

I think the solutions shouldn't be left to watermelons like you. Every solution you morons come up with is less freedom, more government, and lower living standards.

Poor Marty wants the freedom to fuck over furture generations.

You idiot. The steps taken to reduce your carbon footprint will likely save you money. You people are just too stupid to be alive.

No....the "other side" simply claims that man isn't to blame for climate change.......the sun and other factors change the climate, not man. We are too small and insignificant to do that....

While I agree we are not responsible for it, we are not too small and insignificant to not have an effect at all.

we have local effects.......put a lot of people in one place and they generate smog and pollution....but, freedom and capitalism have helped fix those problems...as our transition from the 1970s pollution to our 2019 cleaner environment shows.....
So there were no laws passed to force pollution redfuctuon? Is this your claim?

No, dumb shit.... it is part of the claim........as people get rich, they want nice things, including clean water, pollution control.....and in a free society where we have the 3 pillars.....rule of law, capitalism and democracy, we can take polluters to court and make them stop polluting....... as capitalism goes to work, pollution control is much easier....that is why China is a sewer, and the United States is cleaner.....

We have cleaner air because laws were written.

If what you say is true, why does trump lower standards & claim it will help businesses? You claim they do because they know it is the right thing.

The opposition is far more fragmented. Some say nothing is happening, others say natural variations override any man made changes. Still others say just engineer fixes to whatever changes happen.

Only one side is making the issue political as policy, the other side makes it political as a reaction.

And very little gets done to deal with the coming changes. And they are coming no matter what anyone says.

Changes like that happen on geological time, not human time. If Engineering needs to be done it will be done, if people need to move they will move.
Marty thinks our emissions has nothing to do with Global Warming. Marty is old & he'll be dead. Fuck his offspring.

I think the solutions shouldn't be left to watermelons like you. Every solution you morons come up with is less freedom, more government, and lower living standards.

Poor Marty wants the freedom to fuck over furture generations.

You idiot. The steps taken to reduce your carbon footprint will likely save you money. You people are just too stupid to be alive.

Bullshit on saving me money.

I just had to spend $30 on reusable bags because the assholes in NY banned stores from giving me plastic ones as part of my purchases.

If you commie wanna-bes get what you want, YOU are the ones who would fuck over future generations.

Fucking watermelon.

I just had to spend $30 on reusable bags because the assholes in NY banned stores from giving me plastic ones as part of my purchases.
If you commie wanna-bes get what you want, YOU are the ones who would fuck over future generations.
Fucking watermelon.

Wait ... WHAT ??? ... I'm looking at my receipt ... 5¢ for the reusable grocery bag ... maybe buy your bags in Maine next time ...

Fucking watermelon.

Wait ... WHAT ??? ... I'm looking at my receipt ... 5¢ for the reusable grocery bag ... maybe buy your bags in Maine next time ...

Those aren't reusable bags.

I've used them four or five times already ... in all manner of different stores ... they're folded up right now beside my front door ready to be used again ... granted, they're not sturdy enough to stuff a house cat into, but I gotta wonder why you need bags that you can stuff a house cat into ...

You got ripped off ... that's not the environmentalists' fault ...

I've used them four or five times already ... in all manner of different stores ... they're folded up right now beside my front door ready to be used again ... granted, they're not sturdy enough to stuff a house cat into, but I gotta wonder why you need bags that you can stuff a house cat into ...

You got ripped off ... that's not the environmentalists' fault ...

Please show me a link to the 5 cent reusable bag.

In this link, there are seven statistics that demonstrate that we are already experiencing effects from AGW.

7 Numbers Show How Dire Climate Change Got This Decade | HuffPost

Too bad our President & his followers are too stupid to acknowledge its existence let alone take action.

Republicans are sacrificing their children's future to bow down to their orange god.

I read though the article, it is a highly misleading, dishonest alarmist tripe, which is normal for Huffington Puffington, a science free blog.

Too bad you are too ignorant to realize you got taken in by the article which leaves out a lot of background information that would have helped you understand better what is really going on. The article was really skimpy on the details, just a series of alarmist rants for the purpose of trying to develop an army of science illiterates like you, to push a science free propaganda program.

Will respond to this dishonest narrative:

Six Category 5 hurricanes tore through the Atlantic region in the past four years

No mention of the Pacific region or the 12 years long major category 3+ hurricane landfall drought, or that total Tropical Storm activity is on a slow decline over the last 15-20 years.

By the way your ignorance of Category 5 Hurricanes history is made clear. There were FOUR in a single year 2005, two in 2007, then NONE for 9 years (second longest streak of the last 96 years) There were FIVE in a 3 year period (Worst of the 20th century) in the 1930's, or Six in six years in the 1930's.

There are no actual increase in Hurricane or Tropical Storm frequency trends, which your article completely glossed over, something you didn't notice......

There are a lot more I could say about this, but that would be too much for you to handle.

Like most warmer wackos, he is big on talking up the consensus, especially NASA but when you ask for even a bit of consensus science which uses empirical evidence to contradict the overwhelming body of published science we skeptics use to support our position, they find that the can't even do that. The consensus science that they believe in is mostly a fantasy, made up....it is the science that they have never seen but believe exists because bloggers tell them that it exists and they just accept the lie as evidence.

Look, Mr. Pretend Climatolgist, Should I believe real climatologists & NASA or a denier like you?

And really the Skeptic crowd has no overwhelming evidence of anything.

Any moron can see the rapid rise in global temperatures. They see the rapid rise in CO2 levels.

Even being dumbasses you know that more CO2 in the atmosphere => heightened greenhouse effect => warmer temps.

What is made up about that Mr Scientist

Any moron can see the rapid rise in global temperatures.

What rapid rise does a moron like you see?

In this link, there are seven statistics that demonstrate that we are already experiencing effects from AGW.

Too bad our President & his followers are too stupid to acknowledge its existence let alone take action.

Republicans are sacrificing their children's future to bow down to their orange god.

I read though the article, it is a highly misleading, dishonest alarmist tripe, which is normal for Huffington Puffington, a science free blog.

Too bad you are too ignorant to realize you got taken in by the article which leaves out a lot of background information that would have helped you understand better what is really going on. The article was really skimpy on the details, just a series of alarmist rants for the purpose of trying to develop an army of science illiterates like you, to push a science free propaganda program.

Six Category 5 hurricanes tore through the Atlantic region in the past four years

No mention of the Pacific region or the 12 years long major category 3+ hurricane landfall drought, or that total Tropical Storm activity is on a slow decline over the last 15-20 years.

By the way your ignorance of Category 5 Hurricanes history is made clear. There were FOUR in a single year 2005, two in 2007, then NONE for 9 years (second longest streak of the last 96 years) There were FIVE in a 3 year period (Worst of the 20th century) in the 1930's, or Six in six years in the 1930's.

There are no actual increase in Hurricane or Tropical Storm frequency trends, which your article completely glossed over, something you didn't notice......

There are a lot more I could say about this, but that would be too much for you to handle.
Well MS Ihatemychildren Mommy, the article is not supposed to a complete story on climate change. It just talks about some indicators.

And the article discusses severe hurricanes. Not frequency of tropical storms.

Your predictable rationalizing bullcrap comes rolling in.

I destroyed the misleading Hurricane claims, by showing it was similar cycle 85 years ago. The 1930's remains the worst decade for Category 5 Hurricanes, despite that we didn't have full ocean coverage in those days, may have missed several Category 5 Hurricanes that never got near the continents shorelines to be counted.

Your article:

"Six Category 5 hurricanes tore through the Atlantic region in the past four years"

My reply:

There were FOUR in a single year 2005, two in 2007, then NONE for 9 years (second longest streak of the last 96 years) There were FIVE in a 3 year period (Worst of the 20th century) in the 1930's, or Six in six years in the 1930's.

You didn't counter anything I wrote, but I destroyed the articles claim with hard facts.

Cheers
Look Ms Ihatemychildren Mom, the article cited the decade of the 2000s.

Where were those hurricanes in the 1930s? All in the Atlantic region?

Look little dave child, I posted the LINK to the source showing ALL Category 5 Hurricanes in the Atlantic from 1924 onwards in my post...., too bad that you are blind.....

Your article was misleading and dishonest BECAUSE they left out past history of Category 5 storms in the Atlantic, left out the fact of no increase in Hurricane and Tropical storm frequency and duration. Without that 96 history, the claims of a single decade was misleading and dishonest since there is no established reference base of data that goes back to 1924 to make a case, it was all about climate alarmism propaganda.

Your science illiteracy strikes again!

It looks like I need to respond to another section of your stupid, shallow climate alarmism claim, just to show just how science illiterate you really are, and ignorant too.

Well MS Ihatemychildren Mommy, the article is not supposed to a complete story on climate change. It just talks about some indicators.

And the article discusses severe hurricanes. Not frequency of tropical storms.

Your predictable rationalizing bullcrap comes rolling in.

I destroyed the misleading Hurricane claims, by showing it was similar cycle 85 years ago. The 1930's remains the worst decade for Category 5 Hurricanes, despite that we didn't have full ocean coverage in those days, may have missed several Category 5 Hurricanes that never got near the continents shorelines to be counted.

Your article:

"Six Category 5 hurricanes tore through the Atlantic region in the past four years"

My reply:

There were FOUR in a single year 2005, two in 2007, then NONE for 9 years (second longest streak of the last 96 years) There were FIVE in a 3 year period (Worst of the 20th century) in the 1930's, or Six in six years in the 1930's.

You didn't counter anything I wrote, but I destroyed the articles claim with hard facts.

Cheers

And the main point......the High Priests of the Man Made Global Warming cult are still buying ocean front property, flying private jets all over the place and using energy in their own homes that make whole states blush.....
Another denier thinking Obama bought a place at sea level. I have some news, not all oceanfront homes are at sea level. Obama's house is 10-16 feet above seal level.

The energy SOURCE is the important factor. Al Gore uses geothermal HVAC & buys green electricity to service his mansion.

Yes they fly to conferences where the good derived far out ranks the emisions created.

Have any more stupid comments to make?

You are promoting a dishonest claim since he is reported buying BEACHFRONT property, I have seen the title and photos of his beautiful place (I hope he enjoys it) it INCLUDES some of the beach and direct access to the water.

Barack and Michelle Obama are buying a $15M estate in Martha’s Vineyard

Photos in the link

190822-barack-michelle-obama-marthas-vineyard-51.jpg

190822-barack-michelle-obama-marthas-vineyard-53.jpg

Last edited:

The Safeway web site isn't advertising them on their web site ... might be a local thing ...

Couple of things about this photo ... the house is clearly 30 to 40 feet above sea level ... it should be safe with only a two foot rise expected in the next 100 years ...

Look at the shore line ... very odd ... that's extremely non-typical of any ocean shore line I've ever seen ... see how the vegetation comes all the way down to the water, as though there were no tides ever, no storms ever, water line never changes position ... like it's a lake instead ... very odd ...

The Safeway web site isn't advertising them on their web site ... might be a local thing ...

Couple of things about this photo ... the house is clearly 30 to 40 feet above sea level ... it should be safe with only a two foot rise expected in the next 100 years ...

Look at the shore line ... very odd ... that's extremely non-typical of any ocean shore line I've ever seen ... see how the vegetation comes all the way down to the water, as though there were no tides ever, no storms ever, water line never changes position ... like it's a lake instead ... very odd ...

I doubt they are "reusable" bags. The are disposable bags people re-use.

"Reusable Bag ... This bag is reusable and designed for at least 125 uses ... Help protect our environment ... Please return to a participating store for recycling ... Manufactured by Advance Polybag Inc, ... Made in USA ... Phone (800) 504-0505 ... Email: [email protected]"

I think the problem is that New York State is decades behind the West Coast when it comes to these things ... just a backwards third-world social shithole ... one can die just touching the East River, yuck ...

Just admit you got ripped off blind ... maybe be more watchful in the future ... $30 for a grocery bag is crazy, where's your common sense? ...

(Wow, even instructions on how to preform a post-partum abortion with it, that's maybe too liberal for me)

"Reusable Bag ... This bag is reusable and designed for at least 125 uses ... Help protect our environment ... Please return to a participating store for recycling ... Manufactured by Advance Polybag Inc, ... Made in USA ... Phone (800) 504-0505 ... Email: [email protected]"

I think the problem is that New York State is decades behind the West Coast when it comes to these things ... just a backwards third-world social shithole ... one can die just touching the East River, yuck ...

Just admit you got ripped off blind ... maybe be more watchful in the future ... $30 for a grocery bag is crazy, where's your common sense? ...

(Wow, even instructions on how to preform a post-partum abortion with it, that's maybe too liberal for me)

it was $30 for 6 bags with a capacity of 40lbs each. If I am going to be forced to buy one, it's going to one I can use to make 1 trip only between the car and my house.

And the east river is fine, sorry, I work in Wastewater/Water engineering and know more than you on this.

The issue is FORCING Me to get bags when i was just fine with the gratis ones provided by the store.

it was $30 for 6 bags with a capacity of 40lbs each. If I am going to be forced to buy one, it's going to one I can use to make 1 trip only between the car and my house.

Ah ... the truth comes out ... they were $5 per bag ... and for a higher quality ...

And the east river is fine, sorry, I work in Wastewater/Water engineering and know more than you on this.

Explain yourself ... why is the tufu-puking eco-freaktoid libtard media saying it's poisonous in the East River? ... the cancer tumors in fish themselves have cancer tumors ...
The TL;DR version is fine ... I already know I listen to NPR way too much ...

The issue is FORCING Me to get bags when i was just fine with the gratis ones provided by the store.

I feel your pain ... it's like checking tire inflation when your engine is making loud noises ... it depends on landfill space, if you've plenty then one-use grocery bags are the least of your worries ... our problem here is litter, these bags don't always make it to the landfill ... recycling plastic is a huge and expensive problem, this kind of "feel good solution" probably just makes thing worse in the long run ...

Ah ... the truth comes out ... they were $5 per bag ... and for a higher quality ...

Explain yourself ... why is the tufu-puking eco-freaktoid libtard media saying it's poisonous in the East River? ... the cancer tumors in fish themselves have cancer tumors ...
The TL;DR version is fine ... I already know I listen to NPR way too much ...

I feel your pain ... it's like checking tire inflation when your engine is making loud noises ... it depends on landfill space, if you've plenty then one-use grocery bags are the least of your worries ... our problem here is litter, these bags don't always make it to the landfill ... recycling plastic is a huge and expensive problem, this kind of "feel good solution" probably just makes thing worse in the long run ...

can you link said story?

Whatever, its still nanny state bullshit.

Look, Mr. Pretend Climatolgist, Should I believe real climatologists & NASA or a denier like you?

You shouldn't believe me...but you should believe what is being said in peer reviewed literature published in respected scientific journals, even when it doesn't conform to what you believe.

And really the Skeptic crowd has no overwhelming evidence of anything.

I suppose more lies from a liar shouldn't be a surprise....after all, liars gotta lie.

And of course we have provided overwhelming evidence that your OP claim was false. I have provided more than 30 peer reviewed scientific papers published in respected scientific journals compared to zero, zip, nada, nothing, none from you so of course the evidence I have provided has overwhelmed anything you had to say..

The fact that you deny all science that doesn't agree with you doesn't make the science false, it only proves beyond any doubt that you are a cherry picking science denier...the very last person whose opinion on anything should be taken as credible.

Any moron can see the rapid rise in global temperatures. They see the rapid rise in CO2 levels.

That is a bald faced lie. You have been tricked into believing a bit of statistical sleight of hand. If you look at individual regions in the world, very few are showing any sort of warming trend and none of them are great enough that you would be able to recognize them over the span of years.

I am well past 60, and in my lifetime, the average global temperature, whatever that useless number is worth has risen less than half a degree. You can't even differentiate a half a degree of temperature change in your local climate between morning and mid morning and you are claiming that you can differentiate a half a degree of change over the span of years. You are a liar and quite stupid to have been tricked into believing such nonsense.

What part of the world do you live in...lets take a look at the regional weather for half a century or so and see just how impossible your claim is.

And I provided no less than 8 peer reviewed, papers published in respected scientific journals that said that the human contribution to the total CO2 concentration is vanishingly small. Thus far, you have provided nothing more than your own uneducated opinion that we are responsible. Nor will you find any peer reviewed science saying that we are the drivers of atmospheric CO2 concentrations. That nonsense is boilerplate for the consumption of dupes..not actual science.

Even being dumbasses you know that more CO2 in the atmosphere => heightened greenhouse effect => warmer temps.

So you say...but to date, there has not been a single paper published in which the supposed warming caused by our CO2 emissions has been empirically measured, quantified, and blamed on our CO2 emissions...nor is there a single piece of observed, measured evidence which established a coherent relationship between the absorption of infrared radiation by a gas and warming in the atmosphere. There is no empirical evidence to support that claim....anywhere. It is a belief, not a fact, not even a theory. At present it remains a pretty poor hypothesis.

What is made up about that Mr Scientist

It is lies....demonstrable lies. The fact that you can't see it doesn't change the fact.

Again, what part of the world do you live in...lets take a look at the most ridiculous of your claims. Lets look at your regional climate for half a century or so and see exactly what sort of change you have experienced and see if you still want to claim that you can feel the change in the climate.

Adapting is one thing, what the watermelons want is to use their method of government as the only way to "save" us.

I agree. That is the problem, and of course since they want that the other side has to claim nothing is happening at all.

Still waiting for some evidence that our emissions are driving the global climate.

Don't forget the ones who push jail, gulags.....and killing humans...

Killing humans? Supporting the right to choose is not supporting abortions.

Why do you not care about the Americans that will become sickened & die because of higher air pollution as Trump as allowed?

That is the most twisted, irrational bit of illogic I have seen in a while. Does your mind really accept that sort of nonsense?

Another wise answer dave...let your defeat lie and if you don't have anything intelligent to say simply keep quiet.

Forum List

Back